PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Practice Nights


bobbin
07-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Please see the link regarding Wednesday practice nights which start tonight

http://www.torchracing.co.uk/2014/05/07/practice-nights-announcement/

Regards
Robin

AmiSMB
07-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Shame I did not know about tonight earlier otherwise I would have come along but I do not have any kit with me :(

Cammers
07-05-2014, 05:44 PM
Shame I did not know about tonight earlier otherwise I would have come along but I do not have any kit with me :(

As Grant said. I'm down that way this week:(

MattKeene
07-05-2014, 09:18 PM
My spare parts had arrived, I saw the post in time, I could have completed my first full lap of Torch tonight but alas - I had already promised to take the Mrs to the tanning salon and watch Made in Chelsea repeats with her :-( Nevermind defo be there next week! What was the turnout like, many people make it ?

bobbin
08-05-2014, 11:41 AM
About 6 turned up, it was wet so you didnt miss much.
see you all next wednesday
cheers
Robin

bobbin
12-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Dont forget the practice night is this wednesday, this will be the last one before the national so make the most of it.
Please remember to bring your BRCA card and money with you.
See you all at 6pm.
Cheers
Robin

bobbin
14-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Looks like we have good weather for tonight so who's coming then?

MattKeene
14-05-2014, 12:52 PM
I'm coming up for a few laps ;-)

bobbin
15-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Good turn out last night, hope you all enjoyed it and got your cars running faster by the end of the night.

There were a few blinding laps, people doing 23 second laps, average was around 26 seconds per lap so 3 seconds is massive.

Couple of points
there are no practice nights for the next two weeks, next one is Wednesday the 4th of June from 6pm.

also can you please pay me as soon as you see me, i don't really want to be chasing people for money all evening.


See you on the 4th.
Cheers
Robin

bobbin
01-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Wednesday practice nights are back.
Starts at 6pm, all are welcome but please pay as soon as you see me.
Robin

marley
02-06-2014, 05:02 AM
I should be down this Wednesday 4th :-)

RobW
02-06-2014, 08:21 AM
I am praying for some dry weather.

I have a vintage car to try before Sunday as it has not turned a wheel yet, a badly handling Losi 4WD to try and tame before the 4WD regional at Stotfold later this month and a KF which I am hoping to have finished building before Wednesday. Too many cars and too little time and talent.

Rob

LiamC
02-06-2014, 07:55 PM
I will be there, can't wait :) Got a new chassis on the Durango to try out (RDRP +11mm)

marley
04-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Might wimp out tonight as the weather is looking pretty bad :-(

bobbin
04-06-2014, 08:48 AM
I only work down the road from the track so will give an update later today if its on or not.
Cheers
Robin

Craig maher
04-06-2014, 01:41 PM
Any news on the track yet

bobbin
04-06-2014, 03:46 PM
its dry in hedge end at the moment and the sun has been out for the last 3 hours.
i am planning on running it
Cheers
Robin

LiamC
05-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Did the practice night go ahead in the end? I didn't make the trip after seeing the weather forecasts :(

bobbin
05-06-2014, 07:41 PM
Yes it did :-)

bobbin
08-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Following on from Rob's thread about no race meeting next Sunday, I can confirm we will be holding a practice night this Wednesday, starting at 6 and all are welcome.
See you Wednesday night
Robin

LiamC
09-06-2014, 04:15 PM
I may try and get there this Wednesday, as long as some parts arrive in time, after only lasting 2 heats yesterday :(

Squidzilla
09-06-2014, 04:52 PM
I may try and get there this Wednesday, as long as some parts arrive in time, after only lasting 2 heats yesterday :(

What parts are you short? I have stacks of 210 bits and will be down from 6 on weds.

LiamC
09-06-2014, 07:32 PM
It was the front bulkhead, where the damper stay screws into. I landed awkwardly and destroyed the threads in it. I've ordered a couple from MB, which were sent this morning and should arrive tomorrow.

I will let you know if I need anything, thanks :)

LiamC
15-06-2014, 08:26 AM
Will there be a practice this Wednesday? I wasn't able to make it to the one today :(

RobW
16-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Will there be a practice this Wednesday? I wasn't able to make it to the one today :(

Hi Liam

Yes, should be session on Wednesday weather permitting which is currently looking good:thumbsup:

Rob

shaun m
16-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Hi Liam

Yes, should be session on Wednesday weather permitting which is currently looking good:thumbsup:

Rob

I'm there , need to make up for my effort yesturday !!

#dissapointed!!

bobbin
16-06-2014, 09:17 AM
As Rob says, yes there will be a practice night Wednesday, lets hope for good weather.
i will be there from 6, please pay me as soon as you see me.
Cheers

LiamC
16-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Can we get there any earlier than 6pm? As I finish work 4:30 and am part way there already, so would probably get there about 5:15-5:30..

RobW
18-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Can we get there any earlier than 6pm? As I finish work 4:30 and am part way there already, so would probably get there about 5:15-5:30..

Hi Liam
Generally we do not really want people to start getting to track too much earlier than 6.00pm as we need someone to be “running” the session so that when someone falls off the rostrum or trips over a track marking there is someone else around to laugh at them/take pictures for facebook/call for ambulance as appropriate. Also we have agreed evening use of the track with the farmer and do not want to annoy him by turning it into an afternoon session.
As it happens this week I can get away from work a bit earlier so I can probably get there by about 5.30 so getting there a bit earlier should be no problem.
See you later
Rob

LiamC
18-06-2014, 02:19 PM
I wasn't going to use the track until someone got there anyway. See you all soon! :)

shaun m
24-06-2014, 08:24 AM
who's there this week then , i'm thinking about it :thumbsup:

AmiSMB
24-06-2014, 10:56 AM
You know it makes sense Shaun. I will be there as I have the timing gear and laptop ;)

bobbin
24-06-2014, 11:02 AM
normal time gents.
see you at 6

shaun m
24-06-2014, 11:06 AM
You know it makes sense Shaun. I will be there as I have the timing gear and laptop ;)
:thumbsup:cheers bobbin and grant:woot::thumbsup:

HOTSHOT III
25-06-2014, 10:44 AM
See you all this evening gents:thumbsup:

bobbin
30-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Get your midweek fix of track time this Wednesday.
Starts at 6.
£3 members
£5 none members

shaun m
30-06-2014, 08:09 AM
not sure i can make this week , will it be on next week ? as the reginal is in under 2weeks .:thumbsup: