View Full Version : Wednesday night racing at bury metro - interest?
Gavin Collingwood
08-05-2014, 10:21 PM
We're contemplating the idea of Wednesday night racing in the summer months
Could anybody interested in the idea please leave their name so we can add it to the list to give us an idea of interest
Mark smith
Andy cottom
Josh Jolley
Gavin Collingwood
Chris Elworthy
Si Davanzo
Simon Strickland
Ben woods
Andy woods
Dan murphy
Danny Harrison
Chris miniero
Tristan Morgan
Johnny Allen
Darren Span
Gaz Howarth
Wes simm
Mark Crompton
Chris Donelly
Ian mcwalter
Johnny gibbon
Ash timms
sticky
08-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Simon Stickland.
danmurphy
08-05-2014, 10:42 PM
YES :thumbsup:
Danny Harrison
08-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Yes, and i have never been to your outdoor track :)
Si Coe
08-05-2014, 11:05 PM
I must point out that my interest in this is restricted to late July and August. I can't do anything other than those 6 weeks.
There will be some logistical issues with respect to the clubs timing gear which is not kept at the track. This means swapping race controllers requires forward planning with who holds on to the timing gear. Neither Neil or I live near the track at all so you don't want the equipment in the wrong place!
Benwoods
09-05-2014, 12:44 AM
Yea in
losichris
09-05-2014, 08:08 AM
deffo me
Macman
09-05-2014, 09:07 AM
We're contemplating the idea of Wednesday night racing in the summer months
Could anybody interested in the idea please leave their name so we can add it to the list to give us an idea of interest
Mark smith
Andy cottom
Josh Jolley
Gavin Collingwood
Chris Elworthy
Si Davanzo
Simon Strickland
Ben woods
Andy woods
Dan murphy
Danny Harrison
Chris miniero
Tristan Morgan
Johnny Allen
Darren Span
Gaz Howarth
Wes simm
Mark Crompton
Chris Donelly
Ian mcwalter
johnnygibbon
09-05-2014, 09:14 AM
Oh yes
I'm up for that
andy110m
09-05-2014, 05:09 PM
So in under 24 hours you've got 21 people up for it.
I'm sure as word of mouth takes effect you'll get that up to 30 odd and that's plenty for 4 heats.
Do I get free racing as this was my idea?:lol:
Gavin Collingwood
09-05-2014, 05:36 PM
In a word.... No
andy110m
09-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Well it never hurts to ask.
Worse anyone can say no, or a derivative of it at least!
Wish I'd have worked that out earlier in life. I would've had a lot more fun.
Si Coe
09-05-2014, 05:56 PM
So in under 24 hours you've got 21 people up for it.
I'm sure as word of mouth takes effect you'll get that up to 30 odd and that's plenty for 4 heats.
Do I get free racing as this was my idea?:lol:
Actually yes. Yes you can get free racing. If you want to be race controller that is. I think thats fair - if you run it you don't have to pay.
So if you want to do mid-week racing, or just more racing I'm going to run a training session down at the track on the 24th of May. I'll take people through setting up the system, booking in, running a meeting and some of the more common things that go wrong. You can bring your car and take turns running mock races so I can show how we do stuff plus you get some free timed practice in the process.
I'll start a new thread for sign-ups.
danmurphy
14-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Would a timed practice session be any easier to setup for a wednesday night? Not sure who looks after the laptop, timing gear etc but this might be less hassle than having a race controller to setup heats and hassle marshals. Robin hood raceway run timed practice like this and you can just check your laptimes on the laptop.
Lee1972
14-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Definitely of interest don't know how many I could commit to doing but it's another string to the bow
cocker7433
15-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Connor cocker Defoe as we are struggling to get there Sundays due to nitro and electric nationals
PaulRotheram
19-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Would a timed practice session be any easier to setup for a wednesday night? Not sure who looks after the laptop, timing gear etc but this might be less hassle than having a race controller to setup heats and hassle marshals. Robin hood raceway run timed practice like this and you can just check your laptimes on the laptop.
Just echoing dans idea as it seems a better option than a VERY short meeting. Id prefer unlimited practice than 15 mins of racing.
Gavin Collingwood
19-05-2014, 09:26 PM
It's an idea that we may try
Si Coe
19-05-2014, 09:56 PM
If people have PT's already logged on our system thats a really easy setup to run. There is a mode for doing it in the software so I'll look into how it works.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.