PDA

View Full Version : Race Controller Training - NOW Monday


Si Coe
09-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Lots of threads asking for more racing, but I'm struggling to make all meetings as its and I know Neil is too. What is needed is more people who can be race controllers.

I'm going to run a training session down at the track on the 24th of May. Its the Saturday before the NNRC regional - it just happens to be the one Saturday I'm actually free cos its half term.

I'll take people through setting up the system, booking in, running a meeting and some of the more common things that go wrong. You can bring your car and take turns running mock races so I can show how we do stuff plus you get some free timed practice in the process.

There are no obligations involved here - I'm going to show you how to run a meeting but that doesn't mean you have to. It just means that if people want to have meeting every Sunday, or Wednesday they will be able to run them.

PM or post here if you are interested.

Joshyjol
10-05-2014, 12:29 AM
Si, I'm happy to take some responsibility for race control if mid-week racing starts as I can't do weekends. Only problem is I can't make the 24th to see how the timing software/gear is used. Just a thought as it would kind if help me out in terms of pitting. I'm guessing some committee members may take the role of race control if mid-week starts but I'm happy to help if needed.

Josh

johnnygibbon
10-05-2014, 09:52 AM
the software is free to download to try at home
I tried and failed with it
computers aint my strong point
but I bet some of you bury members can get it working
wed night racing would be top

Joshyjol
10-05-2014, 10:05 AM
the software is free to download to try at home
I tried and failed with it
computers aint my strong point
but I bet some of you bury members can get it working
wed night racing would be top

What's it called Johnny?

Think I got it actually, BBK?

Gavin Collingwood
10-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Yes bbk

Cremegg
10-05-2014, 11:07 AM
As im not doing any regionals this year...apart from bury

I'm up for this si

Cremegg
10-05-2014, 11:08 AM
I'm also getting a new laptop soon so if you want, I'll donate my old laptop to the club if you want?

Or is the current laptop ok?

Si Coe
10-05-2014, 11:16 AM
The software is easy. In theory its no trouble to book in, make races and run them. Thats not the idea here.
What I want to do is go beyond that and into the realms of what to do when things go wrong. Because they do.
I'm talking stuff like adding an extra racer whilst the meeting is running, adding or removing laps, swapping people between classes, dealing with rogue transponders etc.

birdy
10-05-2014, 11:44 AM
I'm also getting a new laptop soon so if you want, I'll donate my old laptop to the club if you want?

Or is the current laptop ok?

Me and Si were only talking about this last week, Our Laptop is OK, but we could do with a fresh copy of XP putting on a clean laptop and then building a new BBK database. If your old lap top is newer than ours then yes we will have it :-) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gavin Collingwood
10-05-2014, 03:51 PM
As im not doing any regionals this year...apart from bury

I'm up for this si

Thought you're booked into srcc and NNRC? I can't make the 24th but I'll be racing on the 25th so could have a quick look

Cremegg
10-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Me and Si were only talking about this last week, Our Laptop is OK, but we could do with a fresh copy of XP putting on a clean laptop and then building a new BBK database. If your old lap top is newer than ours then yes we will have it :-) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can put windows xp on it as windows 7 is on it now

With the software run in windows xp mode in windows 7?

Cremegg
10-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Me and Si were only talking about this last week, Our Laptop is OK, but we could do with a fresh copy of XP putting on a clean laptop and then building a new BBK database. If your old lap top is newer than ours then yes we will have it :-) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can put windows xp on it as windows 7 is on it now

Will the software run in windows xp mode in windows 7?

Si Coe
23-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Hmm - was going to cancel cos suddenly found can't do Sat but now I've realised I agreed to move this to Monday.

Monday it is.

11am because I don't like early starts on bank holidays.