View Full Version : TM4
Chris Larner
19-05-2014, 07:26 AM
Just after people's views and thoughts on the TM4. I'd like to know how it compares to your previous buggy (and what is was).
Also are there any weaknesses or setup/build tips.
Thanks in advance, Chris.
marcel
19-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Frome page 2 of the tm4 tread they talk about the comparisment.:)
Chris Larner
19-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Thanks, I was just after more up to date thoughts now it's been used more etc.
bigred5765
19-05-2014, 08:57 AM
matty changed from Durango to the tm4 this year and although only ran it 3-4 times says it feels similar, but has none of the rangos bad habbits its a good strong car simple to work on and is easy to drives fast
WHITTLER555
19-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Hi, I echo Big Reds thoughts, I have swapped from five years of Durango 410's and I have to say that the TM4 is simply a better balanced car.
It still has all the shaft drive, oil filled gearbox advantages but feels a lot more easy to drive on the limit.
At Mendip oOple off road round this weekend I qualified 8th in a good field of cars and I think I only put it on its roof three times in five qualifiers and three finals!
I have basically only changed to Associated 1.7mm pistons in the rear shocks to give a quicker reaction.
Chris Larner
26-05-2014, 07:14 PM
I've bitten the bullet and ordered a TM4! Already sold my XB4 so really hope this change goes well. Looking forward to it arriving.
Huge thanks to Kevin and Ana at Inside Line Racing for their advise and help with the order.
cocker7433
26-05-2014, 07:24 PM
You will not go wrong pal Connor TQ and win at the weekend at the north west regional dominated all Sunday with both cars easy cars to work on
Northy
26-05-2014, 09:21 PM
......easy cars to work on
Good job the way you build 'em boss! :woot::woot::woot::woot:
G
InsideLineModels
27-05-2014, 06:48 PM
I've bitten the bullet and ordered a TM4! Already sold my XB4 so really hope this change goes well. Looking forward to it arriving.
Huge thanks to Kevin and Ana at Inside Line Racing for their advise and help with the order.
Thanks Chris, more TM4s have been despatched to us today so you should have yours very soon!
A.R.C Raceway
04-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Good call. Am sure you won't be disappointed.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Chris Larner
07-06-2014, 07:24 PM
All built just got to put the electrics in!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/chrislarner/f503428002384f54dfd691b02123a88a_zps17cfabc0.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/chrislarner/06da3ff6ed53f4a93b49b7b1e2a39c41_zps42a46e89.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/chrislarner/505c285c11105921f28e4f2d8b2239aa_zps080eeacc.jpg
bigred5765
07-06-2014, 09:18 PM
bang tidy that chris,
Snowey
08-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Nice! Does the ally steering rack come in the kit now? Where can I get one?
Chris Larner
08-06-2014, 08:13 AM
No it's the one from an Xray XB4 from Exotek which is the same. Think the Team C one is coming out very soon though.
I'm looking forward to getting the geared centre diff to make it even more like al mini 1/8th buggy.
Chris Larner
09-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Carbon lipo strap made and all wired up. Very happy with the build and the room for a tidy electric install. Hope to get it on the track tomorrow night at Maritime Raceway.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/chrislarner/c85f6b0c54b0106f3f8b8f9faab40156_zps89d0049c.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/chrislarner/21a3f3b8189c4509d660b6fca5eb62f9_zps6e9ab3af.jpg
ianjoyner
09-06-2014, 07:02 PM
Looking good :).
Darrin70
30-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Little action shot with the center gear diff installed.. :)
tony12795
01-07-2014, 10:18 AM
:thumbsup:
Good job the way you build 'em boss! :woot::woot::woot::woot:
G
egalsim
25-02-2016, 08:24 PM
Just finished my new body for my TM4
http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp90/erniegalsim/YZTM4/DSC_0375_zpsfz675ocq.jpg
http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp90/erniegalsim/YZTM4/DSC_0385_zpsx0cc7pvz.jpg
http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp90/erniegalsim/YZTM4/DSC_0384_zps0oxjys6t.jpg
Pitman Ed
25-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Nice job. Which body is that?
Dextro
26-02-2016, 10:05 AM
Just finished my new body for my TM4...
Nice body :wub
egalsim
26-02-2016, 03:34 PM
Nice job. Which body is that?
YZ-10 reproduction made by TBG.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.