PDA

View Full Version : Tm2 v1 diffing out issue


adey
23-05-2014, 11:00 PM
Hi all. I have bought a tm2 second hand and I am having a diffing out issue when accelerating out of the turns. The car is being used on carpet and the previous owner had set it up for carpet. I am unsure of what oils are in it and didn't want to mess with it as it handles very well and It suits my driving. I just wondered how I could try to cure some of the diffing out problem I have. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

AntH
24-05-2014, 08:30 AM
Try some 7000 wt oil in diff. Some go higher.

Kusal
24-05-2014, 10:47 AM
Team C hard springs all around.
Worked for me.
18 mm ride height rear and 19 mm front.

bigred5765
24-05-2014, 10:58 AM
buy diffing I take you mean its lifting the inside rear tyre while cornering and the power is going to the lifted wheel?
if so we need a bit more info on the car IE
springs front and rear
oils front and rear
pistons front and rear
camber link positions
the easy fix is stiffen the front end springs but then that could affect handling else were

adey
24-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the help. Ill strip the shocks down and see what pistons are in them. I normally use my tc02c as I really have got it going very well but the diff seems to fail on occasion.

Clive Loynes
24-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the help. Ill strip the shocks down and see what pistons are in them. I normally use my tc02c as I really have got it going very well but the diff seems to fail on occasion.


Mine too.

That's originally why I put the geared diff in.

welshmerlin
24-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Hi all. I have bought a tm2 second hand and I am having a diffing out issue when accelerating out of the turns. The car is being used on carpet and the previous owner had set it up for carpet. I am unsure of what oils are in it and didn't want to mess with it as it handles very well and It suits my driving. I just wondered how I could try to cure some of the diffing out problem I have. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Try thicker oil up to 40,000

marcel
25-05-2014, 01:04 PM
All my teamc diffs never leak:blush:

bigred5765
25-05-2014, 02:31 PM
not had to refill ours ether yet

Smartalec
26-05-2014, 07:21 AM
Definitely no problems with diffs leaking on any of my cars. I use 20000wt oil in mine and that doesn't diff out at all ;0)

cocker7433
26-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Defiantly no leaks on ours too make sure you don't overfill them too