PDA

View Full Version : Lipo


Jamie B4
22-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Has anyone played around with lipo's in the X6, and if so what dremelling has to be done and what set up works best. What weight where?

_sleigh_
22-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Hey Jamie,

In theory NO dremelling has to be done, well certainly not to the chassis (big no no :o). You may, depending on your LiPo need to fettle the battery strp to clear connectors etc, bit only very minor work required.

You could also look at the mounting the speedo in the vacant 2-cell slot, and to do this you would need to cut the standard cell strap. Think there details somewhere on here on how to do that (I'll post a link if I find it)

As for weight, then for example the LRP 5300 LiPo requires around 80-85 grams of weight to bring the car back to the same front/rear distribution. Placing the weight near the front, around the servo area.

Need anything else, just ask :)

super__dan
22-10-2008, 11:32 AM
A little.

All stick Lipo should fit no problems, no dremelling needed anyway.

Weight theory is still a little out. Distribution wise with light lipo you will need little/none at the front. With heavy Lipo you defo need some, I have tried 40g at the front so far. However there is also a train of thought that the car runs best ballasted right back up to full Nimh weight, which is quite a lot over the minimum weight limit.

Most of the team are just trying Lipos for the first time with only a couple of tests between us (Tom being the exception). I'm sure we'll come to some agreement soon enough.

What I can say is that the car runs VERY well with Lipo in! ;)

super__dan
22-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Dam it would people stop writing while I am ;)

Lee
22-10-2008, 11:50 AM
I can confirm what dan has said, i run a 3200 lipo in mine and i run no extra weight, but i have dropped to a 7.5 motor, a 6.5 was wild and the thing just wanted to wheelie everywhere.

I think the car feels a little sharper because of the decrease in weight. oh and lipo is so easssy to use :thumbsup:

matdodd
22-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Jamie, Iv ran Lipo in Phil's X6 the last 2 meetings at Worksop and changed the amount of lead in the car loads! Im now running a 6.5 with 3600 lipo & 20g in the front :thumbsup:

Al3xis007
23-10-2008, 06:44 PM
with the drop in weight you might want to soften the springs all round because on really bumpy sections you cant put the power down. also you might not get the same amount of body roll, so softer springs will help it feel more like with normal cells