View Full Version : Wednesday night racing- weather possibility of changing to Thursday this week...?
Gavin Collingwood
03-06-2014, 07:43 PM
Right guys, tomorrow's racing. The forecast doesn't look good. But the forecast does look sunny and dry on Thursday.... What we may be proposing is to for this week only, that we swap Wednesday for Thursday.
Now, I'm gonna wait till the morning and see if the weather men are correct (for a change) and call it then. If it's ok it'll stay Wednesday if not it'll be Thursday. What are your thoughts can you still make Thursday?
Gavin Collingwood
04-06-2014, 06:50 AM
A decision will be made around 12 noon. But as it stands racing will be today, if the weather turns badly it will be tomorrow
Chris Elworthy
04-06-2014, 08:38 AM
If the weather is definitely going to be better tomorrow evening surely we would get a few more attending provided they can make it?
Maybe we should do a poll and see what the majority want to do?
I for one cannot make it tonight whichever way but could make it tomorrow.
Chris
ahhseeten
04-06-2014, 09:24 AM
Looking at the forecast tomorrow is defo better. I vote Thursday.
Gavin Collingwood
04-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Chances are it's today. The forecast isn't too bad now and the forecast for Thursday is changing too so it might end up that Thursday is very similar to today... Like I said around 12 there will be a final decision but it's looking like it's on tonight so far
ianjoyner
04-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Admittedly the weather's not too bad at the moment, but the forecast is still better for tomorrow, plus I don't have my stuff with me and would have been coming on the way back from work, so I vote Thursday!
Dannysworkz
04-06-2014, 11:47 AM
I'm ready to go from work tonight or tomorrow :) so whenever makes no difference :)
Gavin Collingwood
04-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Right guys. Racing in ON. But we're flexible if it turns out it start lashing it down and or it's a poor turn out we could see about tomorrow but until that situation arises. Racing is on
Gavin Collingwood
04-06-2014, 12:10 PM
Would you not have time to go back and get your stuff Ian?
ianjoyner
04-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Would you not have time to go back and get your stuff Ian?
Unfortunately not, it's a long round trip for me.
JoelMaher
04-06-2014, 12:17 PM
:thumbsup: What times booking in?
Gavin Collingwood
04-06-2014, 12:30 PM
From 6 racing to start around 7
ahhseeten
04-06-2014, 02:02 PM
I've looked very carefully at the forecast and it's not looking good. It's pouring down here in Leyland and is giving me a bad vibe. I really wanted to race but can't risk it looking at the forecast I've seen. (BBC Weather uk). Think tomorrow would be better for all..
Gavin Collingwood
04-06-2014, 02:17 PM
I'm in bury and it's ok.... Bit of light rain here and there but nothing persistant. It's hard to change it now mark. Unless everybody voted but not everyone can get on Facebook or oople so we don't want to change it now and some people turn up wanting to race?...
Gavin Collingwood
04-06-2014, 02:59 PM
I've looked very carefully at the forecast and it's not looking good. It's pouring down here in Leyland and is giving me a bad vibe. I really wanted to race but can't risk it looking at the forecast I've seen. (BBC Weather uk). Think tomorrow would be better for all..
Mark they also said it would be heavy rain all day today but it's still not in bury...
ahhseeten
04-06-2014, 03:17 PM
What is the traffic like on motorway and on road toward the track at 5.30pm?
Gavin Collingwood
04-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Not too bad, busy like but not crazy. Are you coming down? If you're on the minutes pal you could give me a buzz and we can hold off for you
Chris Elworthy
04-06-2014, 03:35 PM
I've been allowed out to play too now mark so that's someone else for you to beat
Chris
birdy
05-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Good first Wednesday night meeting, think a few didn't turn up because of the weather but it missed us really with only a little light rain.
Thanks to Gav's dad (Barry) for running race control he's a natural.
See you next Wednesday :thumbsup:
Gavin Collingwood
05-06-2014, 09:15 AM
Looking forward to a nice and bright sunny Wednesday night race soon!
Chris Elworthy
05-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Well done Bazza!! Look forward to more hopefully with some sunshine
Chris
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.