View Full Version : B5m setup information
tiny tom
10-06-2014, 01:30 PM
I am trying to find out setup information on the B5m. Like what happens if I change the front axle bearing around the other way round, what would happen to the cars handling? And other setup changes?
I have a good setup at this point but I think it could be better and just think the car is great now. But I know it can go better but not sure what to do to make that happen.
I have been on there site and can't find anything on it.
Cheers for any help
h0m3sy
10-06-2014, 02:01 PM
Read pages 18,19 and 20 of the instruction manual. It tells you exactly what your asking.
tiny tom
10-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Do you think I would be asking if I had that information. But I am trying to understand which change does what? But only trying to make the car handle better then it is.
Ok don't bother then
Big G
10-06-2014, 02:45 PM
it's probably easier to say what you want the car to do and get an adjustment to try rather than mess with the trailing axle adjustment. That's not generally a setup change drivers make.
h0m3sy
10-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Here's a link to the instruction manual
http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/RC10B5M/Team/RC10B5M-Team_manual.pdf
Aire valley
10-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Do you think I would be asking if I had that information. But I am trying to understand which change does what? But only trying to make the car handle better then it is.
Ok don't bother then
Temper, temper..... Hom3sy was only trying to help...!! As he said,
The instruction manual, pages 18 - 20 are a good starting point....
J77MYF
10-06-2014, 05:46 PM
I've spent hours going through all the different adjustments. Only thing I'm yet to try is changing the hub inserts. What do you want the car to do that it's not doing?
discostu
11-06-2014, 06:46 AM
Do you think I would be asking if I had that information. But I am trying to understand which change does what? But only trying to make the car handle better then it is.
Ok don't bother then
You know what instead of being an arse and try it and see what you think
deano43
11-06-2014, 07:41 AM
It all depends what track and surface you run on that decides what set changes you need too, I ran at the broxtowe regional last weekend all astro and used tom yardys Telford set up which worked great for me but set ups are usually individual depending on your driving style. Also what ever the manual say about changing different thing and there effects I've found to be pritty accurate but it's only playing about with set ups that you can feel if there a positive or negative feel in your hands it may take weeks to understand the different aspects of all the set up changes but when you have discovered what they all do then you will be very well informed.
h0m3sy
11-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Do you think I would be asking if I had that information. But I am trying to understand which change does what? But only trying to make the car handle better then it is.
Ok don't bother then
To be honest, the only thing you need to change is your attitude.
The Chef
14-06-2014, 08:31 AM
To be honest, the only thing you need to change is your attitude.
:woot::woot::woot: I make you right there!
If you add the front blue aluminium hinge pin brace, put a b4 bumper on it.
This offers more protection to the blue bit than the original as its wider and doesnt affect the wishbones.
Also just added the rear blue arm mounts and it does take up that bit slop.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.