PDA

View Full Version : XB4 2014 front 'bumper'


ChrissieL
30-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Anyone out there got a mod to give the XB4 a bumper that might absorb something? I've bent two FF Suspension holders......

Thanks

Chris

Al3xis007
30-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Nothing out there just yet, I made my own prototype out of ptfe that seems to work

danDanEFC
30-06-2014, 05:17 PM
I would buy two for my 2/4wds

ChrissieL
30-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Nothing out there just yet, I made my own prototype out of ptfe that seems to work

Pic please :)

Al3xis007
30-06-2014, 06:57 PM
There's not much to see unfortunately, i put some heat shrink around it for more of a cushion. It's about 8mm deep to stop it digging in after jumps

Al3xis007
30-06-2014, 07:00 PM
iPad camera decided to stretch it :-/ ^^

J-milz
30-06-2014, 10:55 PM
You don't want too much mass on the front end. I'd work on driving, rather than a front bumper. Xray parts are known to be durable, so if your breaking them at that pace perhaps avoidance is the best bet.

Al3xis007
05-07-2014, 09:30 AM
I broke only 1, I hit a concrete track marker, not my fault. I made the bumper because if it lands nose down it can dig in, my bumper is about 6mm deeper and has a nice angle on. Weight is negligible

Bugle
01-08-2014, 11:56 AM
There's this one that I make http://www.bugleboyracing.com/index.php?productid=24

Can also be used on the 2WD and on the back as a rear bumper/skid plate.

Al3xis007
01-08-2014, 12:54 PM
Looks good :thumbsup:

SHY
01-08-2014, 01:13 PM
There's this one that I make http://www.bugleboyracing.com/index.php?productid=24

Can also be used on the 2WD and on the back as a rear bumper/skid plate.

2x just ordered, thx Thomas! :thumbsup:

Bugle
03-08-2014, 03:12 PM
2x just ordered, thx Thomas! :thumbsup:

Thanks SHY, one of my best customers :D

Lee1972
03-08-2014, 06:05 PM
I've just ordered two :thumbsup:

ChrissieL
03-08-2014, 08:19 PM
2x just ordered, thx Thomas! :thumbsup:

Well on a positive note it seems I'm not the only one with this problem. ORDERED!

SHY
04-08-2014, 08:07 AM
Thomas makes some very cool stuff!

I've had Durango gear diffs in my B44 for... is it 3 years now? Custom job by Thomas - never any issues or maintenance! And finally NOW AE offers it :lol:

The XB4 is much much quicker now though on astro :thumbsup:

Only problem I've had with the car is the drive axles, both center and wheel. You need:
-pins with flat field (TC part)
-"cylinder" with windings + set screw (TC part)
-alu securing cups (option part)

Bugle
04-08-2014, 01:37 PM
I ended up making all the B44 conversions that the AE team ran at the worlds too :lol:

Thanks for the bumper orders everyone :thumbsup:

SHY
05-08-2014, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE=Bugle;869671]I ended up making all the B44 conversions that the AE team ran at the worlds too :lol:

So the rumors were true :D

Another fun fact: The B44 is very quiet with Durango gear diffs.

The DEX410 sounds like a lawn mover in need of repair :lol: It's the center shaft solution that's noisy...

The Dark Knight
20-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Do the Bugle Boy Racing bumpers replace the stock or are they used in combination with it?

Bugle
20-08-2014, 01:02 PM
It doesn't interfere with the original bumper so you can either leave it on or take it off.

SHY
26-08-2014, 10:32 AM
Received & tested, works like it should! Prevents the "digging in" :thumbsup:

Lee1972
11-10-2014, 09:34 AM
Any chance of two extra holes being drilled for the front diff housing screws. Unless you're prepared to do it yourself just makes access to the front diff a bit more fiddly other than that I'm more than happy with it.