PDA

View Full Version : XXX-CR metal front pivot block???


General Accident
26-10-2008, 09:33 PM
I have seen this part mentioned on various posts. Is it an official Losi part? If so does anyone have the part number and/or a supplier I could buy one from. I'm thinking if it will put a bit of weight to the front end and add strength then I will have to get one. Thanks.

ashleyb4
26-10-2008, 09:51 PM
There brass i think paul worsley might of made them very difficult to get hold of. The best way of adding weight is to use lead putty inside the front bulkhead. Perosnally i run 10grams infront of my servo and thats it.

A

Darren Boyle
26-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Or you could buy the genuine Losi alloy one....A4148 - £14.99, as listed on our website ;)

ashleyb4
26-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Losi do an alloy one.

A

Darren Boyle
26-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Really???? I had not noticed Ash LOL

General Accident
26-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Or you could buy the genuine Losi alloy one....A4148 - £14.99, as listed on our website ;)

Just ordered one, cheers everybody :thumbsup:.

ashleyb4
26-10-2008, 10:19 PM
I was meant to put a load of ?????????? after it as i was supprised by this darren.

A

Darren Boyle
26-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Oh I see, I thought you was just stating the obvious what I had previously posted...........LOL

General Accident
26-10-2008, 10:30 PM
In fact, I done purchased an alloy rear one too seeing as the kit plastic part came out in 3 pieces when I pulled the rear pivot plate off.

Darren Boyle
26-10-2008, 10:45 PM
In fact, I done purchased an alloy rear one too

I noticed that, I just logged on and had a quick look at all of our online orders from the weekend and there it was about the 8th one down the list from about half an hour ago!!!

General Accident
26-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Online ordering is ace innit, I look forward to receiving me bitz soon :thumbsup:

Mark Boos
28-10-2008, 07:24 AM
Does this item (A4148) fit on the XXX-CR Buggy or is it just for the XX Buggy and what is the weight of it?

Darren Boyle
28-10-2008, 12:14 PM
A4148 IS for the XXX range of vehicles, NOT the XX. Not sure of its exact weight, but slightly heavier than the standard plastic version.

pugboy
28-10-2008, 12:17 PM
It would appear from this that it would be right for xxx

http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSA4148

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servlet/Categories

If it doesn't come up on the second link, just type thpart number losa4148 in the search box, no spaces.

The one on mine (came on the car) appears to be aluminium, gold coloured with grubscrews to retain the hinge pins, but not losi part, not sure what it is.


Cheers

Chris

_sleigh_
28-10-2008, 12:37 PM
The one on mine (came on the car) appears to be aluminium, gold coloured with grubscrews to retain the hinge pins, but not losi part, not sure what it is.

Could be BRASS, I know the one on my old XXX-CR was a brass version, purchased from a guy in the States.

pugboy
28-10-2008, 01:05 PM
maybe mine was yours?! I bought it off a mate who bought it off ebay about 6 months ago with a shed load of spares for 120 quid, white shell..

I'd be interested if it was as there are a few other none standard bits on it..

Chris

Tom3012
28-10-2008, 01:13 PM
i bought Phils car :thumbsup:, still got it too... it has the brass front bulkhead which is heavier than the blue aluminium one from trinity and alot heavier than the standard plastic one...

pugboy
28-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Mine is brass and quite weighty, not sure who made it but sounds like it may be the same, it's got two little grubscrews in it too.

_sleigh_
28-10-2008, 01:20 PM
this was the one on my old car

http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/acratech-bulkheads-for-losi/

migsy
18-11-2008, 10:23 PM
you can get this from most model shops that stock losi parts. when i bought one, it was made by Trinity for a losi xxx.
you can get these for around £9.00 on e-bay from adam models.

all the best :thumbsup:

stical
26-08-2009, 06:56 PM
So if understand things correctly, the following options are out there :

The alloy one from Losi
http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSA4148

The aluminium one from Trinity
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360178052190&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The brass one from AcraTech
http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/acratech-bulkheads-for-losi/
http://acratech.net/rcracing but they are into camera stuff nowadays :lol:

And last but not least the brass one from Ghea
http://www.rymartracing.co.uk/page_1227178132947.html

All different materials and different weights I guess ?

Does anybody know if one of these eliminates the C-clips ?

Cheers,
Erik

JustMe
04-09-2009, 05:02 AM
You can eliminate the c-clips by drilling a small hole and thread to accept a grub screw in the middle of the bulkhead where the pivot pin passes through. I've done this with the stock plastic bulkheads. Saves the dirty looks from other parents in the pits as the four letter words fly:blush: when removing/replacing the c-clips.

Belsten
04-09-2009, 07:34 AM
or you could just get the ghea hinge pins and that eliminates the need for e clips

stical
04-09-2009, 09:06 AM
@ JustMe : lots of four letter words come to mind when dealing with c-clips :),thanks for the advice.

@ Belsten : that's the answer I was hoping for :thumbsup:

I'm going to start saving some money to buy some Ghea parts then.

Does Thrish do these as well , I mean a bulkhead without the c-clips option ?

Erik

Belsten
04-09-2009, 09:08 AM
I believe trish does the bulk head but not the hinge pins although I could be wrong