View Full Version : b5m grip roll
alex97
06-07-2014, 02:03 PM
Hello
I've been having a few issues with my b5m setup wise. I was having a lot under steer so I added a lot of weight to the front and it seemed to help a lot but I was getting a lot of grip roll today. I have changed the wish bones and towers back to stock after running the b5 flat arms and found that helped the with the under steer. Has anyone else has this problem or have any advice on how I can slove the problem?
Thanks in advance alex
I found i have more over than under and the setup is stock.
Are you using shorty or saddles ? Maybe its too light ?
alex97
06-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Saddles, my system isn't a light weight one and my battery's are gens ace 4800mah.
DarkHawk
06-07-2014, 03:28 PM
What tyres are you runing?
RDG 40
06-07-2014, 03:37 PM
I would try jemmos set up from rhr. I tried it quickly this week first run out with b5m seemed as quick as c4.2 which ive got goin nice.
Once youve dun it then dial steering in, could be too much rear end grip, inserts etc, washers in front you can do after etc. try them all one by one see what suit you. I tried what he did movin front link out and i did prefer you just av to experiment.
alex97
06-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Yellow mini spikes and cut stagers.
J77MYF
06-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Have you got it in long wheelbase?
alex97
06-07-2014, 04:47 PM
No short I think.
RDG 40
06-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Post your setup for the gurus to look at and advise
alex97
06-07-2014, 04:53 PM
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associated/setupb5/B5M_BenJemison_RHR20140409/
Thanks
J77MYF
06-07-2014, 06:01 PM
My setup is a lot different to that.
alex97
06-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Please share...
RDG 40
06-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Go to 18mm i had around 20-21 thurs at rhr it wasnt ryt then lowered to 18m it changed it loads much better!!
mark christopher
06-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Go to 18mm i had around 20-21 thurs at rhr it wasnt ryt then lowered to 18m it changed it loads much better!!
:confused:so you told him to try Ben jem set up, which he posted a link to, then you told him not to use bens ride height of 21???
alex97
06-07-2014, 10:01 PM
That's my current setup, the only difference is that I have harder losi black springs on the front.
cutting42
07-07-2014, 12:17 AM
Best thing Alex is to get John Rentons setup from Sunday as his B5M was going well and start from that
alex97
07-07-2014, 09:13 AM
He emailed it to me last night, I'll put it on the car today.
Thanks
Joe_K
07-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Try taking out 1mm of shims from under your front inner camber link ball stud (so it only runs 1mm).
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.