PDA

View Full Version : B44.3 breaks cover


johnboy
15-07-2014, 09:26 PM
http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_and_trucks/B44.3/Factory_Team/

alex97
15-07-2014, 09:31 PM
I wonder how much that will cost.

RDG 40
15-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Nice revisions defo on shopping list

Wonder if its imperial or metric?

sime46
15-07-2014, 09:51 PM
3 diffs. Cool. New fashion. :thumbsup:

clemo
15-07-2014, 09:53 PM
A couple of arms and probably a leg:D

Noob
15-07-2014, 09:53 PM
I expected a bigger facelift but will still give it a go as they have addressed what looks like the top modifications made to the b44.2

Its displaying b44.2 parts so looks imperiel.

RDG 40
15-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Seems to have some bits off previous models too which will be a plus!!

K-Brewer
15-07-2014, 10:11 PM
Says the gear diff are backwards compatable with the ball diffs so looks like you can upgrade your 44.2

neallewis
15-07-2014, 10:26 PM
Nice revisions defo on shopping list

Wonder if its imperial or metric?

it's imperial (i've been told)

I guess maybe the new V2 BB shocks as on the B5 are metric?

Hofvander
15-07-2014, 10:43 PM
Waited a long time for this? It does not match my B5`s. Going with HB instead.

gazhillAE
15-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Looks alot like the bmax 4 III in a few ways
Looks ace

Richard Lowe
15-07-2014, 11:10 PM
B44.D413?! :lol:

corkyjohnson75
16-07-2014, 05:26 AM
Looks like they have stuck with the same shitty wishbones and front brace , thought they would of beefed them up a bit like the B5 .

Origineelreclamebord
16-07-2014, 05:56 AM
If so much stuff from the 44.2 is (backwards) compatible, don't expect the 44.3 to be metric. A bit disappointing perhaps, but I guess that means AE think simply a metric B44 won't be good enough for their customers :) Do keep in mind: Even these extensive updates to the platform are much cheaper than releasing a new one, so it's better to properly think through what it should be like before releasing it - if not you'll be losing customers to bad design choices or construction flaws, not to mention you have to invest in updates to fix the problems.

Lee24h
16-07-2014, 05:58 AM
Shut up take my money :)

RobW
16-07-2014, 06:14 AM
Well it is definitely a .3 rather than a completely new car but the alloy chassis and geared diffs in the kit are obviously a plus point for many when they are comparing to other brands.

My view will depend a bit where they try and price it. B44s have always been pitched at the lower end of the spectrum compared to say yokomo and kyosho and I always felt you were buying a product that had its slight issues such as still being imperial and slightly suspect build quality in a couple of areas but it was a bit cheaper so you could forgive it.

If they try and launch these at £400 then I think they are going to struggle.

I like it.

Rob

Big G
16-07-2014, 06:58 AM
imperial screws aren't an 'issue'...

Looks like they have stuck with the same shitty wishbones and front brace , thought they would of beefed them up a bit like the B5 .

Stop driving into solid objects :D

it's imperial (i've been told)

I guess maybe the new V2 BB shocks as on the B5 are metric?

The V1 big bores were also metric from the B44.2 :)

Hofvander
16-07-2014, 07:05 AM
Apparently they have improved the strength of the wishbones by adding material. No new part number but a running change.
It is not as beefed up as a B5 and it still have thin shock towers so I am not worried about my driving but I am about others.

AfroP
16-07-2014, 07:17 AM
geared diffs and a central diff

seems all they have done is take the D413 and the Bmax4 III and whack as many features from those on to the existing platform

Origineelreclamebord
16-07-2014, 07:22 AM
geared diffs and a central diff

seems all they have done is take the D413 and the Bmax4 III and whack as many features from those on to the existing platform

That's completely true, but is this really the first time this industry has seen such shameless copying? :lol: Plus, tbh the D413 and BMAX 4-III still have their own unique points about them, I'd say the B44.3 is not likely to steal current customers from Yokomo or HB but instead reduce the amount of B44 drivers switching to brands like Yokomo or HB for another year or so.

AfroP
16-07-2014, 07:44 AM
That's completely true, but is this really the first time this industry has seen such shameless copying? :lol: Plus, tbh the D413 and BMAX 4-III still have their own unique points about them, I'd say the B44.3 is not likely to steal current customers from Yokomo or HB but instead reduce the amount of B44 drivers switching to brands like Yokomo or HB for another year or so.

good point well made

RobW
16-07-2014, 07:59 AM
imperial screws aren't an 'issue'...



Many issues (as in concerns) are dependent on the individual’s viewpoint so whilst your view is it is not an issue that may not be the case for all potential customers. For some people subjects such as abortion, GM food or animal testing are issues which they will campaign for or against strongly. Others do not care but it does not mean it is not an issue for those that do.

So back to the B44.3 and for some racers who race multiple cars they would prefer to carry one set of tools and with the majority of other cars on the market being metric this may be an issue for them that could sway their decision (amongst a whole load of other factors) to buy the car or not. I appreciate it would have added to the price of the car to change it to over to metric and as this is an evolution of a car not a completely new one staying with imperial has probably allowed them to keep some element of cross over of parts from the B44.2.



Still like it:)


Rob

Lee24h
16-07-2014, 09:11 AM
That's completely true, but is this really the first time this industry has seen such shameless copying? :lol: Plus, tbh the D413 and BMAX 4-III still have their own unique points about them, I'd say the B44.3 is not likely to steal current customers from Yokomo or HB but instead reduce the amount of B44 drivers switching to brands like Yokomo or HB for another year or so.

Its going the way of touring cars

Noob
16-07-2014, 11:02 AM
its not a new 4wd model just an upgrade really so metric screws will be on the whole new b44 whenever that's out, I would of liked to have it metric as im sure all b44 owners have suffered one or two stripped heads at least.

discothesnake
16-07-2014, 11:42 AM
That's completely true, but is this really the first time this industry has seen such shameless copying? :lol: Plus, tbh the D413 and BMAX 4-III still have their own unique points about them, I'd say the B44.3 is not likely to steal current customers from Yokomo or HB but instead reduce the amount of B44 drivers switching to brands like Yokomo or HB for another year or so.

Totally agree but they had to move fast to get in on the act. I think it looks good.

They are starting to look the same as are the 2wd's regardless of the platform.

Team C seemed to have started the trend and everyone is jumping on the shorty bandwagon.

Only Xray and Schumacher left to follow.

KRob
16-07-2014, 11:46 AM
Retail price:

£339.99

Only information on release so far is sometime in September

The Chef
22-07-2014, 09:04 PM
A real disappointment for me I was hoping for a B45 or B54 or whatever its a shame that they haven't gone metric and come up with a new platform. The B5 is a fab platform and the AE fleet now seems like its becoming disjointed.

How long before we see a completly new car?

cutting42
23-07-2014, 12:41 AM
A real disappointment for me I was hoping for a B45 or B54 or whatever its a shame that they haven't gone metric and come up with a new platform. The B5 is a fab platform and the AE fleet now seems like its becoming disjointed.

How long before we see a completly new car?

Worth listening to the web cast I posted on another thread to get the AE design engineer of the B44.3 thoughts on these topics.

Without being specific he intimated would seem to be 18 months away at best.

alex97
23-07-2014, 09:32 AM
Most shops are selling these at £304, that's the same price as the b44.2. For the money I think you get a lot more compared to previous models that sold well. I can see this selling alright as the spec of this car are the same as the car that won the worlds and all the other big races. That's not bad for a 7 year old car with some upgrades!

Darren Boyle
23-07-2014, 01:09 PM
RRP has only risen by £10, but then an alloy chassis and geared diffs will be no more expesive (possibly even cheaper) to manufacturer than the older carbon chassis and ball diffs.

That said, it does make the last remaining B44.2 kits look great value at just £239.95 now with £11 worth of extra FREE wheels too...

gazhillAE
23-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Worth listening to the web cast I posted on another thread to get the AE design engineer of the B44.3 thoughts on these topics.

Without being specific he intimated would seem to be 18 months away at best.

Definetly well said !
It should shut a few people up who like complaining! :thumbdown:

panch
23-07-2014, 06:10 PM
B44.D413?! :lol:

Its flattery Rich :thumbsup:

Hog
24-07-2014, 07:37 AM
Will the B44.3 gear diffs fit in my B44.2? I've heard conflicting reports that's all.

K-Brewer
24-07-2014, 07:53 AM
Will the B44.3 gear diffs fit in my B44.2? I've heard conflicting reports that's all.

From what I've heard and read they will fit mate

Hog
24-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Cool - now where to lay my hands on some.........

alan p
29-07-2014, 12:28 PM
From what I've heard and read they will fit mate

So that means they will fit B44.1 ??

K-Brewer
29-07-2014, 12:50 PM
So that means they will fit B44.1 ??

i dont see why not as the diffs and housing's are all the same so i'll go out on a limb an say yes they will

im sure someone will correct me though if im wrong

alex97
29-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Both the b44.2 and b44.3 use the same diff case so the geared diff must fit. I don't think the centre diff will fit due to the new motor mount design.

K-Brewer
29-07-2014, 01:23 PM
your right the center diff needs the new motor mount

gazhillAE
31-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Would be good to see a PDF manual soon

cutting42
13-08-2014, 12:38 AM
Would be good to see a PDF manual soon

Your wish is my command


http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/B44.3/Factory_Team/manual_FTB44.3.pdf

Hog
13-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Part number 9733 for the diff housings, same as a B44.2 which I guess confirms that the B44.3 gear diffs will indeed fit :D

Danny Harrison
13-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Really hoped for a new car when the .2 was discontinued. Soon as a saw this I went and bought a yokomo. Shame that, just too close to what I already had and very tired of taking to bits to get at the diffs :(

dpackster1980
13-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Diff access for the B44 was and still is shocking, when releasing this car it should have been top of the list. Obviously it's a cost thing but by not changing it means it's not user / club night friendly if you need to change diff oils which will put people off. Even if they put holes in the top decks so you can access the gearbox top screws would be so simple to do. This would mean you can have the diff out with 8 screws but no.

How long can they keep pedalling this chassis for really? I don't care how many world championships it's won because they have more people running them compared ro other manufacturers.

Hog
13-08-2014, 09:21 PM
I use a cordless screwdriver and can have either the front or rear diff of either of my B44.2's out in 5 minutes if required!

Danny Harrison
13-08-2014, 10:43 PM
I use a cordless screwdriver and can have either the front or rear diff of either of my B44.2's out in 5 minutes if required!

I can and have done a diff rebuild in between rounds (20 min or so)

I hate to though, new car is a 5 min job.

RDG 40
14-08-2014, 10:25 PM
Anyone know a date wen the land in shops yet??

alex97
14-08-2014, 10:31 PM
29th Aug

gazhillAE
14-08-2014, 10:35 PM
I use a cordless screwdriver and can have either the front or rear diff of either of my B44.2's out in 5 minutes if required!

Ditto
Diff oil emptied and changed and rebuilt in 10-15
I know what I'm buying or should I say sticking with!

RDG 40
15-08-2014, 12:47 PM
I see most people or a lot run the gear diffs and seems to be sumwhere around 10,000 front 7000 rear oil or similar

Anyone know a rough centre diff oil? All round setting want to get oils in ready thats all.

Anyone building ahorty layout or sticking to traditional saddle??

Hog
15-08-2014, 12:52 PM
29th Aug

Happy birthday to me!

Who can get me some diffs? :woot:

Danny Harrison
15-08-2014, 04:32 PM
I see most people or a lot run the gear diffs and seems to be sumwhere around 10,000 front 7000 rear oil or similar

Anyone know a rough centre diff oil? All round setting want to get oils in ready thats all.

Anyone building ahorty layout or sticking to traditional saddle??
If you were to use the hb d413 as a ball park then very high.

100k+ i think most use.

RDG 40
15-08-2014, 05:47 PM
Yea i saw that but just wasnt sure. Cheers

gazhillAE
15-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Yea i saw that but just wasnt sure. Cheers

60k start off with

Hofvander
16-08-2014, 05:03 AM
Diff access for the B44 was and still is shocking, when releasing this car it should have been top of the list. Obviously it's a cost thing but by not changing it means it's not user / club night friendly if you need to change diff oils which will put people off. Even if they put holes in the top decks so you can access the gearbox top screws would be so simple to do. This would mean you can have the diff out with 8 screws but no.

How long can they keep pedalling this chassis for really? I don't care how many world championships it's won because they have more people running them compared ro other manufacturers.


+1. I think the whole car is soooo stupid. I still own one though and soon two.

RDG 40
04-09-2014, 05:35 PM
29th Aug

Im hoping this lands soon my build fingers are ready :-)

tyreman
04-09-2014, 06:30 PM
If anyone wants stainless steel screw sets for the B44.3 i have them ready to ship @ £11.99 shipped
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281426141968?var=&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

K-Brewer
04-09-2014, 06:59 PM
If anyone wants stainless steel screw sets for the B44.3 i have them ready to ship @ £11.99 shipped
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281426141968?var=&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Got mine delivered today for the 44.2, great kit :thumbsup:

gazhillAE
04-09-2014, 07:46 PM
The setups I've seen people are using ball diffs !!!!

alex97
04-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Got mine delivered today for the 44.2, great kit :thumbsup:
Be careful they don't strip their heads! I had some for my slash and would strip them all the time, same drivers using 10.9 steel I'm yet to strip one.

K-Brewer
04-09-2014, 07:50 PM
The setups I've seen people are using ball diffs !!!!

Say whaaaaaaaaaaat?

gazhillAE
04-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Say whaaaaaaaaaaat?

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associated/setupb44.3/B44.3_RyanCavalieri_Cocoa2014081924/

Below looks like ball diffs also

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associated/setupb44.3/B44.3_StevenHartson_OCRC20140815/

K-Brewer
04-09-2014, 08:37 PM
I see what u mean, unless they've started selling diff oil as tight, not so tight an loose ur right, was the only thing I was thinking about getting for .2 but may not bother now

gazhillAE
04-09-2014, 08:46 PM
I see what u mean, unless they've started selling diff oil as tight, not so tight an loose ur right, was the only thing I was thinking about getting for .2 but may not bother now

Sold my b44.2 now so it might have to be a yok

K-Brewer
04-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Sold my b44.2 now so it might have to be a yok

Your the 3rd person now that's done that, I've just put my spare b44.2 up for sale, debating now whether the other one should go :confused:

RDG 40
04-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Saying that tho hasnt ben and neil been using gear for a while now??

I suppose all we can do is see, i have a spare two diffs im keeping im hoping they just slot in if needed.

I must admit im looking forward to gear just for ease and easier setting etc.

gazhillAE
04-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Saying that tho hasnt ben and neil been using gear for a while now??

I suppose all we can do is see, i have a spare two diffs im keeping im hoping they just slot in if needed.

I must admit im looking forward to gear just for ease and easier setting etc.

Yeah and I've been using them also !
But why are most of those setups using them ?
Weird

K-Brewer
04-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Yeah and I've been using them also !
But why are mine of those setups using them ?
Weird

Maybe it's got something to do with the centre diff?

RDG 40
04-09-2014, 09:42 PM
Yeah and I've been using them also !
But why are mine of those setups using them ?
Weird

Maybe its an over the pond thing? Track surface and dont they use shorty set up?

gazhillAE
04-09-2014, 10:14 PM
Maybe its an over the pond thing? Track surface and dont they use shorty set up?

Shorty yep!
They wernt before though and were using the gear diffs.
Not sure why not now other than ball are better for low grip conditions.
It might be to so with this slipper also

K-Brewer
04-09-2014, 10:26 PM
Shorty yep!
They wernt before though and were using the gear diffs.
Not sure why not now other than ball are better for low grip conditions.
It might be to so with this slipper also

Is it possible that because of the new chassis an options for layouts they're running shorty to show the new layout for some marketing as well, would look a bit strange with new options but not using them

RogerM
05-09-2014, 11:38 AM
I think you will find that they are using ball diffs as a well setup & well maintained ball diff equipped car is easier to drive on everything other than very high traction. Same reason that the ZX6 was released with ball diffs & gear as an option as the Japanese team didn't think they were needed for the "world market".

Remember that the velcro like astro we race on in the UK is a world away from the grip levels at most tracks for most events in the rest of the world.
Yes there are high traction / sugar coated tracks used at some big events but not many at hobby stores / clubs.

If I was racing at Silverstone this winter all cars would have gear diffs in but as I'm only planning to race outdoors this winter they are getting fresh ball diffs.

I'm not anti gear diff, it's a matter of what suits.

Golfdude
15-09-2014, 10:34 PM
I am thinking about get the b44.3. Would it better to run it with saddles or shortys? Does it come with aluminium steering?

gazhillAE
16-09-2014, 06:53 AM
I am thinking about get the b44.3. Would it better to run it with saddles or shortys? Does it come with aluminium steering?

No alloy steering
And try both I'd say the shorty might be ok

RDG 40
16-09-2014, 10:50 PM
If it everrrrr arrives lol

Hurry up AE

nobby
28-09-2014, 07:53 PM
When is the b44.3 due at cml?

KRob
28-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Not long now.

RDG 40
28-09-2014, 09:19 PM
Hopefully its worth the wait 😄 glad my 44.2 didnt sell as it not gona be here in tym for first winter series 😪

MaxBaker
01-10-2014, 09:12 AM
My friend in Isreal Whom ownes a RC shop has the b44.3 in stock.

£255 Shipped to the UK. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here is his email [email protected]

Here is his shop

http://www.teamorion.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=17

Fantastic dude, was at the oople international race. Also if you need electrics £185ish for r10pro and a vst2 motor...



:thumbsup:

MaxBaker
01-10-2014, 09:12 AM
My friend in Isreal Whom ownes a RC shop has the b44.3 in stock.

£255 Shipped to the UK. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here is his email [email protected]

Here is his shop

http://www.teamorion.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=17

Fantastic dude, was at the oople international race. Also if you need electrics £185ish for r10pro and a vst2 motor...



:thumbsup:

JBracing is his name on here too if i remember correctly :lol:

RDG 40
01-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Can only hope uk stock arrives soon then ��

Already arrived in some countries as mentioned, jealous

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/825096-official-team-associated-b44-3-factory-team-thread-36.html

MaxBaker
01-10-2014, 09:48 AM
Can only hope uk stock arrives soon then ��

Already arrived in some countries as mentioned, jealous

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/825096-official-team-associated-b44-3-factory-team-thread-36.html

I'm sure it will soon :D Maybe waiting on a good spare parts stock first ?

Ashalak
01-10-2014, 11:57 PM
Can only hope uk stock arrives soon then ��

Already arrived in some countries as mentioned, jealous

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/825096-official-team-associated-b44-3-factory-team-thread-36.html

CML where showing stock today, so they should be available in shops within the next few days :)

s22jgs
02-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Not anymore they're not

sheddy
02-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Just about to go and pick mine up:thumbsup:

s22jgs
02-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Just about to go and pick mine up:thumbsup:

Damn you I have to wait till tomorrow