PDA

View Full Version : Xb4 Rear Hub Position on wishbones


dibble34
16-07-2014, 09:38 PM
Could someone tell what the effects are of running the rear Hubs on the outer or inner hole on the end of the wishbones.? Can't find the info anywhere :blush:

Cheers dave

Cammers
17-07-2014, 06:32 AM
Lower roll centre adjustment. :confused:

dibble34
17-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Not sure mate, thought that was done by camber links:confused: was hoping a team driver might comment :thumbsup:

RobW
17-07-2014, 07:24 PM
C'mon Dave, it's not that difficult...run one one side on the inner hole and one on the outer and see which side works best:thumbsup:

I think you just have too many cars to work on. You could sell me your 2wd:woot:

Rob

luniemiester
17-07-2014, 07:31 PM
We've found that running inner hole really helped indoors as the car rotates better through tighter corners.

Outdoors we prefer the std position as it helps the car feel stable on bumpier surfaces.

If you do decide to try the inner hole ensure you don't run the longest rear link as you get some really wild camber angles through the corner and the car will want to spin out or be unpredictable.

dibble34
17-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Thanks for that. I have always run on the inside hole outside on astro, would explain why it always felt horrid when I used the longest link! I missed the hub but on the setup, will it this weekend.

Rob - just wait till the next regional I expect I will sell it before the final :woot:

Cammers
18-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Not sure mate, thought that was done by camber links:confused: was hoping a team driver might comment :thumbsup:

Yes Dave this is right! the confused smiley was that I wasn't sure how.

woOdy
18-07-2014, 11:23 AM
What I have experienced on this is the inner hole gives a little more side bit but looses on the bumpy stuff and the longer link has less side bite but better on bumps.

Al3xis007
18-07-2014, 12:44 PM
The same as the only losi VLA variable length arm, I've not used the xray indoors but when it's wet at stotfold the inner hole (combined with a shorter top link) gives more initial traction, when he grip comes up it's a hand full so I use the longer hole (and link)