PDA

View Full Version : RC10 Worlds Car - What motor are you running?


HyperDunley
21-07-2014, 08:12 PM
Hi all. I need a motor to go in my worlds car and whilst I am keen to put an 8.5 in there, it maybe that's a bit bullish, despite the manual giving it a recommended gearing. It will be connected to a Reventon Pro and used on both outdoor astro and indoor carpet tracks.

I know I won't be on the pace compared to the new cars, but still would like to be competitive and have at least some speed...

What are you guys using in yours and how do they compare to modern day speeds? If you have any recommendations on motors too that would be great :)

Thanks

neallewis
21-07-2014, 09:04 PM
8.5 should be fine. The gearbox will handle it for sure.

I run a 13.5 in mine, but I'm only running it on small indoor slippy tracks at the moment. It's as competitive as any modern car in the same track.

On a super high-grip track you may struggle to get it competitive, but on a lowish traction track it will work just fine. There is lots of rear traction and its difficult to stop it under-steering on power. I've added quite a bit of weight to the front of mine, and reduced the front droop with internal shock limiters.
I'll be running mine with a hotter motor (say 10.5) when we move indoors for the winter. I'll also be running it in the York club 540 sealed can class next indoor season. It's a car that puts a smile on my face, just fun to drive.

adey
21-07-2014, 09:07 PM
I use a brushed speedo and a hpi 15 turn silvercan motor. The motor can be bought for £7 and it's actually surprisingly fast. For what I use it for its fast enough. Of course brushless is way faster but I won't go hotter than a 10.5 myself.

MHeadling
21-07-2014, 09:08 PM
I run a hpi 8.5 in my car with boost and it's all fine, my car is a orginal worlds car with a B4 slipper and holding up fine on carpet/astro

Lee24h
21-07-2014, 09:12 PM
Kinwald ran a hot motor
In his re-release its essentialy the gearbox in a b4
And the re-release has the b4.1 slipper
So its going to handle anything you throw at it
Put a 7.5 in it and a shorty run it at rhr dirt

HyperDunley
22-07-2014, 06:38 AM
Cheers guys. Looks like an 8.5 will be put in then :)

Ta