View Full Version : Tc02c evo
nicVEGAchildJR
22-07-2014, 05:22 PM
http://www.redrc.net/2014/07/team-c-tc02c-evo-2wd-mid-motor-buggy/#more-84023
Clive Loynes
23-07-2014, 08:18 AM
I'm hoping that I shall still be able to use my aluminium gearbox and T-Plate on the new chassis so that I can retain adjustment of antisquat, roll height and toe.
I'll get whatever increase in wheelbase is in the chassis itself and just pass on the extra couple of mill that comes from the new gearbox.
Al3xis007
25-07-2014, 10:13 PM
I saw an early production one on Wed, it looked good and it had a gear diff in, surely you wouldn't want a heavy ally gearbox? Weight distribution must be nightmare getting to 60%
Kusal
25-07-2014, 10:37 PM
If I am not misstaken, the alu gearbox weighted approx 18g more which was acceptable from my point of view.
Kusal
25-07-2014, 10:37 PM
Btw, I have already pre ordered my evo;)
Clive Loynes
26-07-2014, 08:47 AM
If I am not misstaken, the alu gearbox weighted approx 18g more which was acceptable from my point of view.
LOL
Not a lot of aluminium left in my gearboxes! Which is why it takes me so long to make them!
nicVEGAchildJR
26-07-2014, 06:11 PM
http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=16&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1023&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=71
Evo conversion kit is coming
Clive Loynes
26-07-2014, 06:25 PM
http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=16&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1023&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=71
Evo conversion kit is coming
Need to add the wishbones, drive shafts and uprights to that collection.
But I guess that you could stick with what you have.
Kusal
26-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Nice....
That probably will mean that I will also buy a conversion kit...:thumbsup:
Clive Loynes
27-07-2014, 08:32 AM
................., surely you wouldn't want a heavy ally gearbox? Weight distribution must be nightmare getting to 60%
I just checked my weight distribution with aluminium gearbox, T-Plate(4mm) and both front and rear hangers also in aluminium. It is 61% on the rear but I do still run the Lupuz chassis with the stick pack battery. I think that the saddle pack arrangement would put the battery C of G a tad further forward.
VintageRacer
27-07-2014, 09:18 AM
http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=16&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1023&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=71
Evo conversion kit is coming
Might get one of these to convert my lad's spare Mad Monkey.
i have just downloaded the manual for the new tc02c evo and it seems that it uses the rear wishbones and hubs off the tm2. I cannot see these in the conversion kit. Any ideas why anyone ????
Clive Loynes
27-07-2014, 06:19 PM
i have just downloaded the manual for the new tc02c evo and it seems that it uses the rear wishbones and hubs off the tm2. I cannot see these in the conversion kit. Any ideas why anyone ????
That's what I said at #8.
I assume that you can still build the car with the v1 wishbones. This would give you a functioning car that will be a half-way-house between the two and at the lowest possible cost.
Apart from the relative cost, it also depends what the state of health of the front end of your TC02C ( or TC02?) might be, as to which is the best way to go. Conversion or complete kit?
I don't know what the geometrical advantages might be with respect to the TM2 wishbones and hubs but you wouldn't have the anti-roll bar either.
InsideLineModels
27-07-2014, 06:27 PM
If anyone wants to take a look I'll have a pre-production model with me at the Stotfold national next weekend. Depending on the weather it may even get used!
Kev
I am guessing the new wishbones are nessesary as the new rear tower looks lower too me
rossiracer
27-07-2014, 07:58 PM
Does anyone no the release dates for the car yet
VintageRacer
28-07-2014, 07:15 AM
Does anyone no the release dates for the car yet
August according to my Absima email, RRP £199.95
Clive Loynes
21-08-2014, 10:58 AM
I would like to know when we will be able to buy the long chassis on its own. :D
Also, why is it possible to buy Team-C stuff from the US at a lower price than here in the UK? :eh?:
welshmerlin
21-08-2014, 11:26 AM
We ran ours for the first time last night at Stotfold and it was very good. It rotates lovely in the tight corners. Nice being able to move the battery backwards and forwards too. Great car :thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.