View Full Version : X-60
burgie
30-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Just wondering what's the current state of play with the X-60?
Will it be available by Christmas, and if so, what sort of price is expected?
I need to plan my Christmas list wisely :thumbsup:
bigred5765
30-10-2008, 02:36 PM
ive read that its Expected 1st nov,
Darren Boyle
30-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Not quite Carl, we have announced a slight delay until November 10th, but we "may" have another very slight set back to put this back further, not sure yet, but we are really hoping for a November release for sure.....
Remember that goods things come to those who wait......since we want this thing to be perfect, then I am sure racers will understand that a delay of a few weeks is a small price to pay to get the product spot on when it gets here.
Price wise not sure yet, we have ideas, but no definate price, the current situation with the economy is not helping since the dollar is strong again against our pound at the moment, which wont help matters, but it will be excellent value for money as ever, like all of our products when it arrives.
Darren
bigred5765
30-10-2008, 03:24 PM
ok it seems my info was slightly out of date,
YoungChazz
30-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Darren's got it about right. We were planning for Nov 10, but I don't see that happening now. (My wife will spend most of next week in the hospital, and I'll have to spend much time the following week taking care of her.)
More likely the 20th.
Those who plan X Factory for Christmas plan wisely, Burgie!!! And the X - 60 will be in stores and on our site in plenty of time if I have to die doing it.
We will ship to distributors & dealers before shipping retail customers from our web site. The shipments will be staggered, with the longest shipping times sent out first, U.S. dealers last, in an attempt to have them for sale everywhere at the same time.
One day before we expect them in the dealers, they'll go on sale on our web site. Therefore, you can get your X - 60 quickest with local service purchasing from your local model shop.
YoungChazz
30-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Unfortunately, I must say that one reason for the delay is the U.S. Postal Service. A total of three prototype bodies were produced and in our hands about two weeks ago. We rushed them to Kolors By Kropy, and shipped last Friday via Express Mail to Hot Rod Hobbies so they could be mounted to Brian & Jeremy's trucks to check fit and get publicity photos.
The post office blew it. Delivery was promised by 3PM Saturday at the Reedy Race, with lots of magazine coverage, but the package didn't leave Detroit until Sunday night. I just got it back yesterday.
But I don't have a truck! (Very limited number of production prototype chassies.) So I'm taking some photos today off the truck, and am sending the bodies to Paul for test fitting and on-truck photos.
The point is that we've lost more than a week on this item alone. Still haven't test-fitted the bodies to tell the supplier just where to put the dimples for the mounts, determine the cut lines, and see if everything fits correctly. So most likely another 5 days or so before we even can tell them to do the finish work on the tool and make the first run of bodies, and that will take at least 10 days.
The good news is that everything so far is going great. Parts are fitting well, the truck goes together well, and we're close to giving an opening set-up. Chris Krieg (Speedy Dad) has written the first draft of the instruction manual and taken many photos, so I should be able to put that together while caring for my wife.
We are making progress, and this will be done. Soon. Really.
bigred5765
30-10-2008, 03:43 PM
sorry if i got anyones hopes up
Nicolas Petit
30-10-2008, 05:19 PM
I guess there will have some X-60 for my PETIT RC RACE? :thumbsup:
Seems a good opportunity for you this race with the Truck class ;)
Cheers,
PS: I'm looking for partners for this upcoming prestigious race. Do not hesitate to contact me soon.
Darren Boyle
30-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Nicolas, we would be interested in supporting the event from both here in the UK (DMS Racing/X Factory UK) and possibly direct from the head quaters at X-Factory in the USA too (subject to Chazz's approval). We will try and speak soon about it........
Nicolas Petit
30-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Nicolas, we would be interested in supporting the event from both here in the UK (DMS Racing/X Factory UK) and possibly direct from the head quaters at X-Factory in the USA too (subject to Chazz's approval). We will try and speak soon about it........
ok Darren, do not hesitate!
kropy
02-11-2008, 11:50 PM
First pic of the X-60 body here http://www.redrc.net/2008/10/exclusive-first-pic-x-factory-x-60-body/
Body Paint
04-11-2008, 01:02 PM
That's looking pretty funky!
I've not raced trucks for many years, but when I did I never found I had any temp problems, in fact my trucks always ran cooler than my buggy because of the air that can circulate under the shell. Does a truck shell really need a roof scoop?
The extended box arches on the side look very stylish, testerossa inspired?
SpeedyDad
04-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Does a truck shell really need a roof scoop?
Who cares, it looks cool. :D
Seriously though, the more air you can get in to a mid-motor vehicle, the better. At the recent Reedy truck race, we installed 2 fans in the X-60 and were able to gear up quite a few teeth. The truck was ballistic.
Body Paint
04-11-2008, 02:54 PM
I think it would look better scoopless, it would also allow the air to flow cleaner onto the aero parts of the shell at the back.
But if it needs to be there for functionality then it should be there, though I think I would have put the scoop on the bonnet instead of the roof.
Mike Hudson
04-11-2008, 03:09 PM
I think I would have put the scoop on the bonnet instead of the roof.
You read my mind :o
kropy
04-11-2008, 11:25 PM
I think it would look better scoopless, it would also allow the air to flow cleaner onto the aero parts of the shell at the back.
But if it needs to be there for functionality then it should be there, though I think I would have put the scoop on the bonnet instead of the roof.
Once you see the body you'll love it, Definitely out of the box thinking :cool:
got to agree, scoop don't look good, as it is only decoration in the end. Truck shells are ace though
Darren Boyle
05-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Apart from one (very sketchy) picture of the body from above, it has not been seen by anyone yet (outside of the team and factory guys), it amzes me how so many people can comment on it (both good and bad) when it has not been seen in the flesh or no decent pictures have been seen.
Wait to you see it close up guys, it is awesome!!!!
Chris Doughty
05-11-2008, 11:48 AM
I like roof scoops!
kropy
05-11-2008, 12:14 PM
I have seen the body, I am the official painter for X-Factory ;)
Its probably the best air scoop i have ever seen :thumbsup:
Darren Boyle
05-11-2008, 12:58 PM
I have seen the body, I am the official painter for X-Factory
I did know that, was more aimed at all the love it/hate it comments
from those who havnt seen it yet
YoungChazz
05-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Dale has painted three of them for us, including the one in the shot for RedRc. Because Dale has done thousands of bodies for every conceivable sort of R/C anything, I was holding my breath until he gave them back to me. I knew Dale would tell me the truth about them, and am on top of the world because he thinks they are cool.
We hope to have additional pix sent out tonight, including at least one action shot.
With the shcok tower moved to the rear we got rid of the hideous shock tower bulges which appear on every other truck body, and the result is fantastic!
burgie
05-11-2008, 09:41 PM
It's funny how people can form an opinion of a car from one dodgy photo...so back to the original question then.....will the conversion be out for christmas :p
Darren Boyle
05-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Most definately Burgie, we are getting very close now (within two weeks with no more hickups and a reliable delivery from UK customs)
kropy
06-11-2008, 03:19 AM
I did know that, was more aimed at all the love it/hate it comments
from those who havnt seen it yet
Sorry for the misunderstanding
Body Paint
06-11-2008, 11:56 AM
With the shcok tower moved to the rear we got rid of the hideous shock tower bulges which appear on every other truck body, and the result is fantastic!
Thats one of the bits I like the most, the rear end looks really swooping and aggressive. The lines, from the cockpit back almost remind me of the Azarashi Vaykal, yummmmmmmmmmm:thumbsup:
Is it a J concepts design again?
kropy
06-11-2008, 12:20 PM
You guys will love this body, It's soooooo easy to lay out ANY paint scheme (even easier than a touring car body :thumbsup:), This body is shaped like a sexy women with all of the sleek curves :wub
bigred5765
06-11-2008, 12:22 PM
kropy are u useing liquid mask,the shell looks sweet cant wait to see more pics
kropy
06-11-2008, 12:27 PM
kropy are u useing liquid mask,the shell looks sweet cant wait to see more pics
I use liquid mask & my own Kolors by Kropy Kustom Kut vinyl
bigred5765
06-11-2008, 12:32 PM
from the small bit we can see it looks good,
bigred5765
06-11-2008, 12:38 PM
OMG just seen the full pics on red rc (http://www.redrc.net/2008/11/x-factory-x-60-new-body-complete/#more-12376)thats ace great job guys,i love the swoopy bit at the back
Northy
06-11-2008, 12:40 PM
More pics:
http://www.redrc.net/2008/11/x-factory-x-60-new-body-complete/
G
kropy
06-11-2008, 12:41 PM
from the small bit we can see it looks good,
Thanks, I used a few different design elements on this body just to illustrate some of the different design possibilities that is easily achievable with this body style (even Chazz didn't know what to think :wtf: LOL)
kropy
06-11-2008, 12:57 PM
The headlights & grill are all paint
super__dan
06-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Haggis you can look forward to painting mine soon ;) Yes it's J Concepts.
It really does look great though doesn't it!
Body Paint
06-11-2008, 01:21 PM
That will look proper nice in white yellow orange and blue ;)
Will get some nice shaddows/highlights in the blue on the curves and angles on the rear quarters.
Nicolas Petit
06-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Hello,
Just received this morning:
http://www.petitrc.com/gallery/files/4543-X-FactoryX-60BodyStill1_600.jpg
Xfactory US sent us some pics ->> http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp//showthread.php?t=40244
Nice to have a look to the PETIT RC RACE at Maritime Raceway!
Darren Boyle
06-11-2008, 01:50 PM
I said it would be worth the wait and would look good, I was'nt wrong was I.........
bigred5765
06-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Cant wait to get my grubby little hands on one and paint the heck out of it,
YoungChazz
06-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Trucks are just fun. They are EZ to drive, and they don't break. We secretly hope that truck racing makes a return in U.K. (Ask Darren about long ago...)
Darren Boyle
06-11-2008, 03:35 PM
What you mean my claim to fame, so to speak, Truck Grand Prix winner 3 years running, thats when I was young and could drive........... (those were the days)
Nicolas Petit
06-11-2008, 04:23 PM
If my PETIT RC RACE could be help you and sign the BACK of Trucks, that is very nice to contribute to help you. When I saw drivers already booking in, that's really fantastic!
I'm pleased to help you...
super__dan
06-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi Nicholas, I'm doing all 3 classes at the Petit race, how many trucks do you think will race?
Nicolas Petit
06-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Hi Nicholas, I'm doing all 3 classes at the Petit race, how many trucks do you think will race?
Hi Dan,
Yes I saw your registration in 3 classes. Before the entry form online, I expected 10 truck maximum because you didn't race in this class during your UK national championship.
It's really fantastic as I said because at this moment you are 12 or 13 in truck class :thumbsup:
More I've truck drivers less there will have 2wd places :)
Body Paint
06-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Trucks are just fun. They are EZ to drive, and they don't break. We secretly hope that truck racing makes a return in U.K. (Ask Darren about long ago...)
Me to, I hope trucks come back. I won the first radio race car truck series back in 94ish with a Traxxas Blue Eagle, I really enjoyed truck racing and with brushless and Lipo I bet it's better than ever:thumbsup:
Belsten
06-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread, im going to enter trucks too for the petit race for my first ever run with a truck not an x60 though :thumbdown: but will should be able to run trucks locally craig :thumbsup: if nothing else
Body Paint
06-11-2008, 11:38 PM
I know a few people that have trucks already, and several more who are thinking of getting them. Should be good on our regional tracks though.
SpeedyDad
07-11-2008, 02:53 AM
Keep on truckin'.......
I don't have one of those cool sigs :(
SpeedyDad
07-11-2008, 02:54 AM
Trucks are just fun. They are EZ to drive, and they don't break. We secretly hope that truck racing makes a return in U.K. (Ask Darren about long ago...)
Chazz, your sig file is missing one vehicle :D
Anyone have even a ball park figure for UK price of the X-60 kit?
Darren Boyle
07-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Not yet, we are working on it, but we are waiting for the confirmed final pricing from Chazz before we can confirm what UK RRP will be
YoungChazz
07-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Speedy Dad, you don't really mean I should ask Craig to put in a pic of the Cortina Lotus from '68, do you???
SpeedyDad
07-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Speedy Dad, you don't really mean I should ask Craig to put in a pic of the Cortina Lotus from '68, do you???
LOL!!!
bigred5765
07-11-2008, 02:37 PM
wow ma dad had a mk1 cortina lotus when i was a kid, from what i can remember it was ace, loud as hell,got any pics.?
YoungChazz
07-11-2008, 05:28 PM
I drove SCCA Pro Rallies. It was very fast, but couldn't keep the front end together. Stage roads here just too rough.
Nicolas Petit
07-11-2008, 05:30 PM
I know a few people that have trucks already, and several more who are thinking of getting them. Should be good on our regional tracks though.
Tell them to get their truck and run at the PETIT RC RACE :thumbsup: (truck and 2wd the same day: on Saturday 17th of january)
YoungChazz
07-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Besides, the green stripe wouldn't look good in my sig.
For 26 years I operated a dump truck company. That's where the blue & silver (chrome) comes from. Check out my "ride" on the 4wdrc rides page. Now a pic of THAT in my sig would be somethinkg...
Am thinking of putting down a deposit to make sure I get a kit, but will need to wait until I can get a rough figure. Anyone else got a deposit down yet??
Not yet, we are working on it, but we are waiting for the confirmed final pricing from Chazz before we can confirm what UK RRP will be
Darren Boyle
11-11-2008, 01:23 PM
We have 6 reserved for customers from the first UK batch so far, plus a few going to team drivers too. Hopefully full pricing is not that far away now....
kropy
23-11-2008, 09:25 PM
chazz ~ Hit me up if you need any help packing up kits ;)
YoungChazz
24-11-2008, 04:44 AM
You're going to get a load of Team bodies to paint, Dale, but we certainly can use help putting letter bags and Kits together. I very much appreciate the offer. You know we've moved our shop to Maumee, so it's only about 2/3 the distance it used to be for you. I hope to have at least some bodies next week.
We'll talk.
Darren Boyle
29-11-2008, 11:20 PM
The RRP price for the X60 as well as all the spare part numbers and prices have now all been added to the X-Factory UK site.
The truck can also be found on some of our dealers websites too now...
kropy
09-12-2008, 12:25 AM
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool:
http://www.2wdrc.com/News/12-08-2008.htm
Darren Boyle
13-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Our first batch of X-60 are now in UK customs (:cry: :o :eh?: :woot:) and all being well "should" be with us around the middle of next week.
All dealer orders and customer orders will be shipped as soon as they are in and unpacked.........
Darren Boyle
24-12-2008, 11:05 PM
The first batch of X-60's are now HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After customs decided to finally release two of the cartons of X60 kits today my very friendly local delivery driver actually delivered them to me out of hours on his way home from work this evening at 8:30pm (on Christmas Eve - long story but he actually met me outside a restuarant where me and the family were having a Xmas meal tonight, looked like a right dodgy deal going down outside in the street with boxs changing hands for paperwork!!! LOL)
But the upshot is they are now HERE. All pre-orders from the first batch will be shipped to the customers and dealers in question when we return to work on Monday (or ready for collection)
All pre-orders will be covered by the entire first batch and free stock should be on stores shelves by Tuesday onwards.
It looks like there is enough room to mount the lipo longitudinally. Any thoughts?:eh?:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachments/electric-off-road/399621d1230049335-x60-truck-22122008707.jpg
Mike Hudson
05-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Only one way to find out... dremel and try it and see how it handles with a lipo down the middle :thumbsup:
I would do that if I had one;)
YoungChazz
05-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Well, Gayo, I can think of at least one solution for that...
Chupstar
05-01-2009, 08:40 PM
hehe cool pic of my car
It looks like there is enough room to mount the lipo longitudinally. Any thoughts?:eh?:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachments/electric-off-road/399621d1230049335-x60-truck-22122008707.jpg
:lol:
Sorry, I should have sourced the pic : I found it on RCtech,. Your layout is very clean and the pic is good for illustrating what I was trying to say.
Chupstar
07-01-2009, 02:13 PM
yes my clean layout is good for sale promotion haha
it should be on the x60 box hehe
ttboyy2k
07-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Will a stick lipo fit longitudinally in the X-60? If so, do you think this would improve handling enough to justify modifying the chassis?
Mike Hudson
07-01-2009, 09:52 PM
no one has tried it yet so there's no real answer until you try it yourself!
Measure your lipo and the chassis front cell slots to therear cell slots and you'll know if it will fit or not,
ttboyy2k
07-01-2009, 10:07 PM
I don't have an X-60 yet but I want one. I was just asking to those people who have one.
steel
07-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Just had a quick look at mine and put a lipo up against it and the lipo goes half way across the servo bay so i dont think it will fit without cutting the ribs and chaingin servo to a low profile and moving the mounts forward but still dont think it will fit hope this is of some help:D
im sure someone will find a way tho
SpeedyDad
07-01-2009, 11:31 PM
I've thought about that and looked at it. It might help a little, but probably not as much as one might think. On the 60, you can run your receiver and speedo in the center instead of beside the battery. This weight probably equals quite a bit of the parts of the battery that hangs out on the side. So, it negates a lot of the benefit of running the battery up the center. Not completely, but mostly. Besides, the truck handles like a dream now. Why chage it? :D
One more thing. The speedo is usually heavier than the receiver. By running the battery as it is and the speedo and receiver in the center, you get a better balanced truck.
I want to show you two photos of my X-60. At time without electronics ;)
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3786/x607716nz9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7625/x606716zs5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
super__dan
06-02-2009, 11:06 PM
NICE!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.