PDA

View Full Version : VOTE FOR ELECTRIC BUGGY EUROS 2009 IN SPAIN


awa0
30-10-2008, 11:38 PM
This weekend wil be the EFRA Anual General Meeting. AECAR (Spanish Federacion of Radiocontrol) gives you the opportunity of racing in Bilbao (Spain).

Spanish people expect you kindly.

Bilbao is at the north of Spain, near France, near UK by ferry or air, and at the south of Europe.

The track is at the centre of Bilbao, near a subway station, hotels, airport, ferrys from england... The surface track will be artificial grass, with a half, jumps, dubbies, etc.

Here are gastronomy, nightlife, architecture, good weather waiting for you.

You must regard us at the EFRA's meeting, to give us the championship. Please promote us with your friends, federation chairmans, etc.

Thank's and ¿see you?

jimmy
30-10-2008, 11:41 PM
good luck with the application, it would definitely be nice for the Euros to visit Spain:thumbsup:

awa0
31-10-2008, 12:08 AM
Thanks Jimmy. Give us lucky!!!

I also expect that the Great Jimmy will make me a photo in Bilbao. :thumbsup:

Nick Goodall
31-10-2008, 09:00 AM
I thought Euro's had to be on a Natural surface?

David Church
31-10-2008, 09:36 AM
I thought Euro's had to be on a Natural surface?


This used to be the rule, but it is different now, so different surfaces can be used. I spoke to PW about this at the Euro's, but I don't know the exact wording of the rule!!!:D

rich_cree
31-10-2008, 09:37 AM
I'll vote for it, if you get rid of the astroturf!

Chrislong
31-10-2008, 10:02 AM
I'll vote for it regardless, would love to come to Bilbao! :thumbsup:

Any pictures of the track? vidoes? Youtube clips?

Alfonzo
31-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Bilbao sounds excellent to me.

_sleigh_
31-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Don't like the ferry costs or the random times they leave Portsmouth :o

I guess I need to Google a few more ferry companies and flight costs. :confused:

Lee
31-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Im sure sleazy jet fly pretty close to bilbao, i know ill be flying wherever it is. By the time you have paid fule and tolls its cheaper to fly IMO

Body Paint
31-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Sounds like a great venue.

Out of the venues available this years Euros, Bilbao would be the one I would choose, especially for the astro turf.

Unfortunately I cannot financially commit this far ahead so it looks like I'll have to give it a miss :(

Belsten
31-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Id quite fancy it if there was any way I could get an entry :confused:

awa0
31-10-2008, 11:15 AM
I thought Euro's had to be on a Natural surface?

Now it's natural surface (vegetal terrain with some grass) and astro turf, but we are considering to put artificial grass. EFRA will decide if they give us the race.

Photos: http://www.carbi.net/newpage1.html
Slideshow presentation: http://www.slideshare.net/awa0/vote-for-european-electric-buggy-championships-in-bilbao-spain-presentation
Vídeo (Alberto García Vs Borja Hernández battle, LRP team drivers):
hK4D5qVZ9dk

Big E
31-10-2008, 08:42 PM
I thought Euro's had to be on a Natural surface?

I never did know why this was the case, same for the worlds really??

I think they should all vary to reflect what all parts of the world race on....not that I have any issue with dirt tracks......unless they are wet or refuse to blue groove :woot:

This place looks pretty good though, lots of room!!

GRIFF55
31-10-2008, 09:37 PM
looks good, only ever raced on dirt at tiverton.

ashleyb4
31-10-2008, 10:22 PM
I would never get on a P&O ferry (Pissing Orrible) Its a shame britinary ferries no longer go to bilbao there awsome.

I wouldnt mind the euro's but i didnt do nationals this year.

A

Garry Driffill
01-11-2008, 02:21 AM
Nothing wrong with P&O Ferrries :eh?:

awa0
01-11-2008, 07:51 PM
And the winner is..... ¡BILBAO!

THE ELECTRIC BUGGY EUROS 2009 WILL BE IN BILBAO!!!


Thanks for the support!!!

See you in Bilbao in august 2009.

Carlos Vera

bigred5765
01-11-2008, 08:05 PM
august when,? need exact dates if there available so time of work can be booked.

_sleigh_
01-11-2008, 08:40 PM
nice to go somewhere new. Track certianly looks different to previous Euro's tracks, but like the adverse camber sections.

awa0
01-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Second week of august

mccrash59
01-11-2008, 08:58 PM
OLE OLE OLE !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot to Carlos Vera (awa0) and the whole CARBI club on behalf of every spanish rider.
Great job guys. The scale in Spain is growning and we have way more entries than previous years. Even regionals are becoming more important with a lot of rider moves from all around the country. Of course the level of our racers is higher than ever and racing at home for sure we´ll be a debri in the shoe :D Needless to say you brits are the country to beat, if your racers are so fast in the previous hard packed venues, this race track is more suited to your kind of track skills.
Hope see you all there!!

bigred5765
01-11-2008, 09:33 PM
wow just looked at the ferry cost, OMG we wont be going direct via p&o £600 minimum,looks like another road trip 1052 miles each way,track does look awsome i must say,and the weathers none to shabby.