View Full Version : world wheelie championship
millsy
17-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Just wanted to let the bury lads who know lee cottrell (longman) know that he is at the world wheelie championships today at Elvington near york, yesterday in qualification he managed to do a measured 150 mph wheelie over a kilometre on his turbo charged 1200cc suzuki bandit, and that result put him in 7th place among the fastest lads out there and also his own personal best.
I wish him all the luck in today's finals and hope the weather holds out.
Gavin Collingwood
17-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Bit insane...
Darren Wales
17-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Bloody insane, but also bloody good going. :woot:
I could do a wheelie on a chopper for about 10mtrs back in the day :D
Essex2Visuvesi
17-08-2014, 07:47 PM
I could do a wheelie on a chopper for about 10mtrs back in the day :D
I had 5 stitches in my scrotum thanks to the gear shifter on those bikes
Ashalak
17-08-2014, 09:15 PM
That's awesome Lee, best of luck mate :thumbsup:
Maddy
18-08-2014, 08:31 AM
Any news on how the crazy man got on millsy
longman
18-08-2014, 09:04 AM
Cheers for the shout out mills ,
Hi everybody really good weekend managed a 151.3mph wheelie,
Over the kilometer, very windy on Sat and Sunday.
Which put me in 12th place overall out of the 35 riders that entered.
The guinness world record has been broken this weekend,
With a 199.4mph wheelie by one of the dutch lads,
Egbert van popta.
Take it easy ever one I'll see you Sunday at bury for round 6
Maddy
18-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Well done mate.
See you Sunday
Mr Satchell
18-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Sounds good pal. Good goin. Any videos ?
johnnygibbon
21-08-2014, 06:33 AM
Go on long man
I can wheelie my trials bike at about 40 flat out
reckon 150 is damm scarey
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.