View Full Version : Renewing drive train
richie.
21-08-2014, 07:40 AM
Just after your experiences on this. I just replaced the rear bones, cvd's and out drives on my b44.1 as there seemed plenty play going on between these parts. I was thinking of taking the opportunity of doing the same to the front end (not quite as badly worn) and also renewing front/rear centre shafts and cvd's. Can anyone say if this work makes a lot of difference to the performance from experience? It'll be 2wks before I get down the track so just curious!
I renewed the front end on my 44.2 drive, caster, steering etc etc, as they had a lot of play so tightening the front end up a bit, cant really say if it will improve performance but im sure it will reduce stress on other parts like the diff.
its all still a bit sloppy but it is like that out the box anyway.
richie.
21-08-2014, 12:25 PM
I renewed the front end on my 44.2 drive, caster, steering etc etc, as they had a lot of play so tightening the front end up a bit, cant really say if it will improve performance but im sure it will reduce stress on other parts like the diff.
its all still a bit sloppy but it is like that out the box anyway.
Hi noob just to add I fitted the jconcepts steering assembly and found it sharpened up the responsiveness, down side is you loose the servo saver in the setup but I suppose that just encourages you to keep off the walls!
I think it's probably something I'll do in the two week break to stave off the boredom but just wanted to know if it was a noticeable difference as the cost soon tots up
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.