View Full Version : Sunday 24th -is it a go go?
Ashlandchris
24-08-2014, 07:52 AM
Are we on for today? Of course, me being available will bring on a hitherto unpredicted rain shower, but that aside, it looks lovely :lol:
DianneH
24-08-2014, 08:09 AM
Yes Chris - the racing is on today - and what a beautiful day for it - don't forget the lotion!
Bells
24-08-2014, 03:17 PM
A great day today , sunshine 5 rounds and a final :thumbsup:
Ashlandchris
24-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Superb day. Thanks all
Danny Harrison
24-08-2014, 06:42 PM
I'd of loved to come today. Is it on next week? Was checking late into the evening yesterday too.
Aire valley
24-08-2014, 07:18 PM
Really good day, lots of sunshine, nice track and some good racing...
Thanks Dianne..
J77MYF
24-08-2014, 07:24 PM
Me too Danny.
nivek
24-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Thanks Dianne , and all for a good days racing........
DianneH
25-08-2014, 08:14 AM
I'd of loved to come today. Is it on next week? Was checking late into the evening yesterday too.
Meeting was on the calendar - check dates etc on website or also on second posting on the forum.
Not sure why there seemed to be some confusion as to whether meeting was on or not as it has been on the calendar since the calendar was set at the start of the season. Also sent a text message to everyone on Sunday morning to confirm meeting on.
No meeting scheduled for next week unless someone else wants to run it - Grand-daughter's birthday next week takes priority for me so always consider this when setting the dates.
Next meeting on calendar is 7th September and then 14th September for Supercup meeting.
Danny Harrison
25-08-2014, 12:02 PM
The gist on the Facebook page was that it wasn't running as you had some plans and john wasn't available.
You'll get larger numbers with a definitive 'we are running Sunday'. A day or 2 before :thumbsup:
Aire valley
25-08-2014, 09:30 PM
What's Facebook got to do with anything..:cry:....as Dianne said, the meeting was on the calendar..!
Danny Harrison
25-08-2014, 09:54 PM
What's Facebook got to do with anything..:cry:....as Dianne said, the meeting was on the calendar..!
Pardon me for thinking the 'Batley buggy club' Facebook page had anything to do with Batley buggy club!
Face palm :woot:
Aire valley
25-08-2014, 10:50 PM
John was wrong though wasn't he..!that was just speculation anyway....
If you want to be sure...ask Dianne...
Danny Harrison
25-08-2014, 11:21 PM
John was wrong though wasn't he..!that was just speculation anyway....
If you want to be sure...ask Dianne...
It was wrong yea. Still, surely it can only be a good thing to 'remind' us its running. I'm not being critical, I just want to race and its a 2 hour journey for me :(
Me n Jim would of gone, we can't be the only ones. I've also been half way there on a calendar date before to find out its not on to be fair.
Aire valley
26-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Fair comment....:).....it is a bit worrying waiting for confirmation on the morning.!...perhaps Dianne or John could put a reminder on, subject to weather, on,say, Friday....
Danny Harrison
26-08-2014, 01:32 PM
There used to be the night before last season. There won't be confusion on Facebook anymore though, page has changed to Chadderton raceway now. :eh?:
Oscar
26-08-2014, 05:21 PM
OK maybe time for some facts:
The Batley Buggy Club Facebook group is still alive and well and will remain so. Please do feel free to add content such as photo's etc or indeed ask any questions which other club members can freely answer. The more club members put in, the more others (members or not) are likely to get out of it. The same goes for the club website, it is seriously lacking in fresh content and would benefit from some club members taking the time to supply some new material to brighten things up (hint!!)
The page which is now called Chadderton Raceway is I think something Steve created. At a guess, perhaps the change of name is to create a portal to more specifically feed back info about the Chadderton series? I'll not speculate more as I genuinely don't know..
As for the messages via our FB group, I did initially respond and say I thought I remembered there wasn't a meeting. However, I quite clearly stated I would find out and report back, which is exactly what happened. As soon as Dianne replied I updated the thread. I also apologised that my memory had failed me and I'd got the dates wrong as to when there was a week off, we are all human after all !!
It does seem people sometimes would like a lot of things to happen, albeit without actually volunteering to contribute their own time to take these ideas forward. The club doesn't belong to a couple of people, it is equally shared between all members. On the whole we have a good friendly club base, which could be even better, all it would take is a small commitment from a good percentage of the membership to make this a reality !!
Danny Harrison
26-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Bloody hell john, I only suggested letting us know its running on here day before will likely increase numbers. I seem to get grief at every opportunity now days. I'm genuinely gonna keep away from now on...
Never realised there were 2 batley buggy club pages (page and group, you know what I meen) before, my mistake on that :(
Danny Harrison
26-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Quite a hasty reply by me there, but it still stands.
It's not a knee jerk reaction, since people have voiced concerns and proposed suggestions at end of last season, attitudes have become very defensive.
Coupled with no AGM's and piss taking via facebook (and not in gest I might add....) I'm out and will likely not be missed.
Good luck to you all, nothing personal John, just the push I needed to say what I think. Pretty gutted its came to this to be honest.
Please don't try to rip these posts apart, im just being honest.
butty1978
26-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Hi everyone its a pity to hear all this just because there was some mix up these things happen it can't be helped as John said only human.
As a new member that has returned to racing after a near 20year gap its great to go to Batley where everyone is friendly and its a nice relaxed days racing I just wish I could go more often.
what is the super cup and is it open to all or pre booked only.
Danny Harrison
26-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Hi everyone its a pity to hear all this just because there was some mix up these things happen it can't be helped as John said only human.
As a new member that has returned to racing after a near 20year gap its great to go to Batley where everyone is friendly and its a nice relaxed days racing I just wish I could go more often.
what is the super cup and is it open to all or pre booked only.
Just very upset mate, I didnt target anyone for blame, I just replied to Dianne on why I didnt go. I knew John was unsure, it was just the only information to hand that it might not be running. Its not just because of the confusion though.
I'll keep off the page now, I cant hold my tongue :cry:
Edit, sorry, the Supercup is open to all and is a bigger type meeting with trophies and such, it was excellent last 2 years.
Oscar
26-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Danny, Although reading it back my response may sound a bit formal, it wasn't my intention to target you or anyone else, that's not in my nature.
The point about the need for everyone to chip in is levelled at all club members, we already have a good friendly club and I for one would genuinely like to see it get even better. Everyone (including myself) only has so much free time which is why if club members could pick up on some of the good ideas and spread out who looks after them, it would make a difference for sure.
And yes the Supercup is an event open to all, I missed the last one (most of you know why) but hope to be at this one. Maybe even Danny will have a re-think and join us too ;)
Danny Harrison
26-08-2014, 09:43 PM
Danny, Although reading it back my response may sound a bit formal, it wasn't my intention to target you or anyone else, that's not in my nature.
The point about the need for everyone to chip in is levelled at all club members, we already have a good friendly club and I for one would genuinely like to see it get even better. Everyone (including myself) only has so much free time which is why if club members could pick up on some of the good ideas and spread out who looks after them, it would make a difference for sure.
And yes the Supercup is an event open to all, I missed the last one (most of you know why) but hope to be at this one. Maybe even Danny will have a re-think and join us too ;)
Thanks John, I did honestly hope you hadn't ment it to look like that. I just want to have fun. Ive probably rubbed people up the wrong way as I know I can do, but my heart is always in the right place.
I cant help my competitive nature, its a blessing and a curse....
Feel like ive cut off my nose to spite my face, but Im true to my word while gutted at the same time. An AGM would really help members feel there a part of things though, its the only time club members get some proper input into their club and the only reason I'm not a member this year.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.