PDA

View Full Version : TORCH 2014/15 Winter Series


RobW
07-09-2014, 08:40 PM
Details of new and improved Winter Series on our website.

http://www.torchracing.co.uk/winter-series/

Please note we have now added an additional championship for the all day events.

Rob

RobW
11-09-2014, 07:49 PM
Have updated website (link above) with all day dates.

Tried to avoid Silverstone and Maritime winter series.

With my luck with dates this week I will not be totally surprised if someone tells me I have chosen Mondays - still it would beat going to work on Monday mornings:thumbsup:

Rob

rowley
11-09-2014, 08:40 PM
That's perfect for me, thanks Rob!

freddie
11-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Looking forward to it already will be down for the series :thumbsup:

MattKeene
18-09-2014, 06:18 PM
Thanks Rob! Rob Peck is coming round to school me in soldering tonight so I might be ready in time. Are the results for the last summer series going to be added to the Torch site ?

MattKeene
18-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Ahem posted that in the wrong thread !

shaun m
08-10-2014, 01:35 PM
just looking at the dates , it says that it starts on the 19th oct , is that right ? as thats when the dash for cash meeting is on too.

or have i got it completely wrong :eh?:

Bernie_W
08-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Will all the Sunday results be posted on web site as they seem to have been forgotten. The last Sunday results posted were in July.

Bernie

RobW
08-10-2014, 06:43 PM
just looking at the dates , it says that it starts on the 19th oct , is that right ? as thats when the dash for cash meeting is on too.

or have i got it completely wrong :eh?:

Winter series is based on club meetings only so you won't score any winter series points at the GP

Rob

RobW
08-10-2014, 06:55 PM
Will all the Sunday results be posted on web site as they seem to have been forgotten. The last Sunday results posted were in July.

Bernie

Can't promise that unless we get a volunteer to do it who is going to attend most of the meetings.

Rob

shaun m
08-10-2014, 07:00 PM
Winter series is based on club meetings only so you won't score any winter series points at the GP

Rob


ok cheers rob :thumbsup:

dibble34
08-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Can't promise that unless we get a volunteer to do it who is going to attend most of the meetings.

Rob

I really am very happy to do this. Have given up offering after 2 years! I just need someone to run through the process with me once. Happy to make my own notes and work in IT. It can't be that complicated :woot: I will be racing every other week btw

Steve1973
08-10-2014, 07:34 PM
I really am very happy to do this. Have given up offering after 2 years! I just need someone to run through the process with me once. Happy to make my own notes and work in IT. It can't be that complicated :woot: I will be racing every other week btw

I volunteer as well. Happy to be shown how to use the timing software, or I can take paper copies of the results home and put them in a spreadsheet every week.

RobW
08-10-2014, 07:39 PM
Thanks Guys, can you fight it out between you:woot: and then speak to Grant as he seems to be the one who knows how to do it.

Rob

dibble34
08-10-2014, 07:42 PM
I volunteer as well. Happy to be shown how to use the timing software, or I can take paper copies of the results home and put them in a spreadsheet every week.

Why don't we both get shown. The I can blame you when it goes wrong:thumbsup:

Steve1973
08-10-2014, 08:02 PM
Why don't we both get shown. The I can blame you when it goes wrong:thumbsup:

Sound like a plan. I'm sure we can mess it up between us!:thumbsup:

AmiSMB
09-10-2014, 10:15 AM
Will all the Sunday results be posted on web site as they seem to have been forgotten. The last Sunday results posted were in July.

Bernie

All done Bernie :)

AmiSMB
09-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Sound like a plan. I'm sure we can mess it up between us!:thumbsup:

I will update the documentation and get it to you both as long as the committee are ok with this.

hotrodchris
09-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Got my vote gents.

Nick.W
09-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Yep I'll be there for most of these. I'm loving the new layout of the track.

dibble34
10-10-2014, 10:21 AM
I will update the documentation and get it to you both as long as the committee are ok with this.

Remember i am a windows man so none of that command line rubbish you are used to:p

AmiSMB
10-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Remember i am a windows man so none of that command line rubbish you are used to:p

What Windows Powershell ? You should be used to that my MicroSoft friend :p

Steve1973
26-10-2014, 05:52 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-8x3_Rxo92F-8LrohXFOBKCXYLA4SMCbtWMcvkXBEzs/edit?usp=docslist_api

hotrodchris
26-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Good job Steve

Cammers
26-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Guys, If these rounds are being used as winter championship rounds shouldn't we have 10 car finals?

shaun m
26-10-2014, 07:34 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-8x3_Rxo92F-8LrohXFOBKCXYLA4SMCbtWMcvkXBEzs/edit?usp=docslist_api

Cheers steve:)

bobbin
27-10-2014, 11:22 AM
I didn't realise the winter series had started, i sort of agree with Cammers but also agree with why 2 4wd finals were run.
Due to numbers being inconsistent and at times very low it maybe better to give points from qualifying results not the finals
I know this isn't ideal but it gets round marshalling and final sorting issues.

shaun m
27-10-2014, 12:09 PM
But in other championship meetings , its has always been said ,that a 10 car final should be used ,and lets be honest , the 2wd final we had 10 cars and only had extra marshals cos we asked for xtras ,i appreciate that there was 12 4wd's and it would make it tighter on the rostrum ,but it was a championship!!.

bobbin
27-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Im not disagree with you mate but this winter series is weekly instead of once a month.
Thats why i suggested points from qualifying to take the pressure off the guys running the meeting.
Im sure the committee will sort it out the best they can.

shaun m
27-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Im not disagree with you mate but this winter series is weekly instead of once a month.
Thats why i suggested points from qualifying to take the pressure off the guys running the meeting.
Im sure the committee will sort it out the best they can.

I'm not arguing with you mate ,all i'm saying is ,if they do it for one they should do it for the other too.

jpmatrix
27-10-2014, 01:53 PM
I didn't realise the winter series had started, i sort of agree with Cammers but also agree with why 2 4wd finals were run.
Due to numbers being inconsistent and at times very low it maybe better to give points from qualifying results not the finals
I know this isn't ideal but it gets round marshalling and final sorting issues.

So does that mean if you qualify 6th after 5 heats and you start 6th on the grid in a final of 12 cars and you finish let say 1st in the final, you only get 6th place and 93 points instead of 101 points regardless?

Pointless having a final if that's the case.

RobW
27-10-2014, 04:44 PM
I will get this clarified.

If we run 10 car finals over the winter when numbers are lower then the guys towards the bottom of qualifying are going to spend a fair bit of time running in finals with only a couple of drivers which is not much fun for them and causes an additional headache sorting out the marshals. Not impossible though.

If we split drivers into 2 finals we upset the drivers who qualify towards the bottom of the top ten but get bumped to the B final.

Logic to me suggests that 10 finals are the way to go if we want to be 100% fair but I guess your view will depend how seriously you take the series and where you normally qualify!!

I will let you know.

Rob

MrMagoo
27-10-2014, 08:25 PM
As some one who got 'bumped' into the B yesterday, I'd like to say I don't care!

It was the best morning's racing I've had for ages, and the race with Cammers, James and Tony in the final was epic. Point's are fun, but it's not like there's any more riding on it than bragging rights at the end of the day. Run it however is easiest for the people running the meeting, at the end of the day they're putting themselves out so we can race...

Nick.W
27-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Is there likely to be any additional practice days through the duration of the winter series, like the Wednesday nights during the summer?

jpmatrix
27-10-2014, 08:59 PM
As some one who got 'bumped' into the B yesterday, I'd like to say I don't care!

It was the best morning's racing I've had for ages, and the race with Cammers, James and Tony in the final was epic. Point's are fun, but it's not like there's any more riding on it than bragging rights at the end of the day. Run it however is easiest for the people running the meeting, at the end of the day they're putting themselves out so we can race...

i really enjoyed our b final right upto the last lap.

I just think if you do end up in whatever final, you should be scored points from what position you finish at the end of that final and not from the qualifying heats.

Cammers
27-10-2014, 09:19 PM
Stirred things up me thinks! The thing is if you have bad heats you can make it up in the final. Honestly doesn't matter to me as was one of the most fun races I have had in a long while. :thumbsup:

hotrodchris
28-10-2014, 09:01 AM
This was a decision taken at the time to give everyone a fair race with enough marshall cover , 12 on track at one time could have caused carnage and not good for the 2 out of the 12, but see the point Regarding bad days qually

jpmatrix
28-10-2014, 09:18 AM
This was a decision taken at the time to give everyone a fair race with enough marshall cover , 12 on track at one time could have caused carnage and not good for the 2 out of the 12, but see the point Regarding bad days qually

Hi chris.

Im not moaning as such, of course there is going to be meetings where you going to have a, b and c finals depending on numbers and thats the way its been in the past. I just wanted to clarify if points will be taken from the finals and not the qualifying heats.

James

Craig maher
28-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Is there likely to be any additional practice days through the duration of the winter series, like the Wednesday nights during the summer?

Ya I would love practice days on a Saturday or something don't mind paying if we have to maybe descuse it at agm

hazeandfizz
28-10-2014, 01:23 PM
I think practice days should be banned :woot: nothing to do with me living so far away honest!

JB.

Ya I would love practice days on a Saturday or something don't mind paying if we have to maybe descuse it at agm

bobbin
28-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Ya I would love practice days on a Saturday or something don't mind paying if we have to maybe descuse it at agm

Let me get my house move out the way and I will talk to Steve about it mate

Craig maher
28-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Let me get my house move out the way and I will talk to Steve about it mate

:thumbsup:

hotrodchris
28-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Hi chris.

Im not moaning as such, of course there is going to be meetings where you going to have a, b and c finals depending on numbers and thats the way its been in the past. I just wanted to clarify if points will be taken from the finals and not the qualifying heats.

James

James points taken from final finishing positions plus 1 for tq.

jpmatrix
28-10-2014, 07:08 PM
James points taken from final finishing positions plus 1 for tq.


Thanks Chris.

RobW
29-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Ok, we've given it some thought and figure the "fairest" way to do it is:

1. By default all future winter series finals will be 10 cars as far as entries allow. This is on basis this allow drivers the maximum opportunity to earn points in their final - for example you qualify 10th and can still win the A final.

2. Points awarded on finishing positions in finals so winner of A gets 100 points, 2nd in A gets 99, winner of B gets 90 points etc. TQ gets extra 1 point.

However I hope we all acknowledge this is supposed to be a bit of fun over the winter which is the general view I seem to be getting from the posts above as everyone seems fairly relaxed?

If that is the case then I really hope we can see some common sense prevail which is why I say By Default at the start of point 1 above. If we have say 14 drivers in a particular class at a meeting and the 9th and 10th qualifiers would prefer/are happy to race in the B final to have a better race with others of similar speed and make a better race for the others in the B then I really cannot see why a sensible conversation cannot be had at the end of qualifying. This should not affect anyone else as the drivers in the A final cannot lose any points as a result and the other drivers in the B could potentially gain a couple as the winner of the B would then get 92 points.

Remember - its good to talk.

Hope this resolves all the trouble Cammers has caused:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Rob

Squidzilla
30-10-2014, 12:58 AM
I can say with absolute certainty that I will be in the B final every time.. Usually the slowest or there abouts at any meeting..

Racing in a 4 car B final really isn't racing at all and feels really anticlimactic after a session of practice.

If it was 14 cars racing in one class, and Q9/10 do not want to go B final, would a 14 car final be an option? Rostrum would be cuddly, but I would rather that than be part of a 4 car final.

RobW
30-10-2014, 08:24 AM
I can say with absolute certainty that I will be in the B final every time.. Usually the slowest or there abouts at any meeting..

Racing in a 4 car B final really isn't racing at all and feels really anticlimactic after a session of practice.

If it was 14 cars racing in one class, and Q9/10 do not want to go B final, would a 14 car final be an option? Rostrum would be cuddly, but I would rather that than be part of a 4 car final.

I understand your position but personally I think 14 is probably a bit too much. We have run 11 and 12 car finals in the past and the ones I have been in have been a bit hectic due to the number of cars and the additional spread of ability.

You would have to get all 10 of the finalists to agree as they have nothing to gain and some to lose as with a 10 car final the worst they can come is 10th even with a breakdown.

As I say it is supposed to be a bit of fun - you guys are going to have to talk at the meetings as I do not get to race over the winter.

There is always the AGM if you want to make a specific proposal? At the moment we are kinda making the rules to try and please as many peolpe as possible but if we are not getting it right we are happy to listen:).

Rob

HOTSHOT III
30-10-2014, 08:30 AM
Ok, we've given it some thought and figure the "fairest" way to do it is:

1. By default all future winter series finals will be 10 cars as far as entries allow. This is on basis this allow drivers the maximum opportunity to earn points in their final - for example you qualify 10th and can still win the A final.

2. Points awarded on finishing positions in finals so winner of A gets 100 points, 2nd in A gets 99, winner of B gets 90 points etc. TQ gets extra 1 point.

However I hope we all acknowledge this is supposed to be a bit of fun over the winter which is the general view I seem to be getting from the posts above as everyone seems fairly relaxed?

If that is the case then I really hope we can see some common sense prevail which is why I say By Default at the start of point 1 above. If we have say 14 drivers in a particular class at a meeting and the 9th and 10th qualifiers would prefer/are happy to race in the B final to have a better race with others of similar speed and make a better race for the others in the B then I really cannot see why a sensible conversation cannot be had at the end of qualifying. This should not affect anyone else as the drivers in the A final cannot lose any points as a result and the other drivers in the B could potentially gain a couple as the winner of the B would then get 92 points.

Remember - its good to talk.

Hope this resolves all the trouble Cammers has caused:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Rob

This all sounds good to me RobW:thumbsup:

I can say with absolute certainty that I will be in the B final every time.. Usually the slowest or there abouts at any meeting..

Racing in a 4 car B final really isn't racing at all and feels really anticlimactic after a session of practice.

If it was 14 cars racing in one class, and Q9/10 do not want to go B final, would a 14 car final be an option? Rostrum would be cuddly, but I would rather that than be part of a 4 car final.

TBH I think any more than 10 cars in a final would be pushing it both on the rostrum and on the track but the plan outlined by Rob (W) above should serve to prevent the 4 car B Final which none of us like ending up in. A bit of discussion after qualifying should sort it in most cases:)

MrMagoo
30-10-2014, 08:46 PM
I'm happy just so longer as Cammers doesn't beat me again this week:p

Cammers
31-10-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm happy just so longer as Cammers doesn't beat me again this week:p
I plan to John :p

hotrodchris
31-10-2014, 04:41 PM
John do 2wd then you might be safe.


Lol

Steve1973
02-11-2014, 02:31 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-8x3_Rxo92F-8LrohXFOBKCXYLA4SMCbtWMcvkXBEzs/edit?usp=docslist_api

shaun m
02-11-2014, 03:19 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-8x3_Rxo92F-8LrohXFOBKCXYLA4SMCbtWMcvkXBEzs/edit?usp=docslist_api

Cheers steve ,not sure if its only for me ,but i could'nt see my results on there :confused: .. cheers shaun

Steve1973
02-11-2014, 03:38 PM
Are you looking in the 2wd list? Line 39 for your scores

shaun m
02-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Yeah sussed it , at first it would'nt open the whole spread sheet up , with my phone ,but sorted it now cheers :thumbsup:

Steve1973
09-11-2014, 02:45 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-8x3_Rxo92F-8LrohXFOBKCXYLA4SMCbtWMcvkXBEzs/edit?usp=docslist_api

hotrodchris
09-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Spot on Steve and you didn't even race today.

Bernie_W
09-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Well done steve.
Would be nice to see the results updated on the website too. Its just nice to check on times to see if there's any improvement.

Enjoyed racing today even though had to retire RB6 with broken hinge pin.Thanks to all

Bernie

DiggerAde
09-11-2014, 07:25 PM
I think there's something wrong how can i be in 3rd :thumbsup: :woot:

hotrodchris
09-11-2014, 08:25 PM
I think there's something wrong how can i be in 3rd :thumbsup: :woot:

Cheating but don't tell anyone Ade!


Lol

Cammers
10-11-2014, 11:36 AM
I think there's something wrong how can i be in 3rd :thumbsup: :woot:

Your the man :confused:

DiggerAde
10-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Chris do you think we can keep it to ourselves :drool: :eh?:

hotrodchris
10-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Chris do you think we can keep it to ourselves :drool: :eh?:

Of course mate no one will ever notice

Squidzilla
12-11-2014, 07:53 PM
What time do the day meetings go on to? I've only done a couple and cant remember for the life of me!

Is it 5 Quals plus 1 final ? Is it bad form to duck out early, just I need to be somewhere late afternoon.

RobW
15-11-2014, 12:02 AM
What time do the day meetings go on to? I've only done a couple and cant remember for the life of me!

Is it 5 Quals plus 1 final ? Is it bad form to duck out early, just I need to be somewhere late afternoon.

Hi Rob

Sorry I did not see this post until now.

Winter racing usually finishes by about 4.00pm. Format will depend on numbers with 4 qualifiers and 1 final as a min. If time allows more like to for 4 qual and 3 finals for all but will be confirmed at drivers briefing.

Rob

RobW
15-11-2014, 12:07 AM
Please note following the AGM this evening we have added an additional championship for thd 5 all day meetings open to all drivers.

I have updated website to refect this as per link in first post.

Rob

hazeandfizz
16-11-2014, 09:46 PM
Cracking effort today team to keep the track open after that amount of rain fell. Team Barker had a most enjoyable day, KF was amazing and little Charlie was still buzzing when he went to bed after landing the big jump?

Great to see a few new faces also.

Thanks,
James and Charlie.

AmiSMB
17-11-2014, 07:27 AM
Absolutely cracking fun in the rain. Had a great day and was good to be outside again. Roll on R2!

AmiSMB
24-11-2014, 02:24 PM
It took a while but the scores are now on the doors. Click here (http://www.torchracing.co.uk/winter-series-2/winter-series-2014-15/) to view.

bobbin
24-11-2014, 04:06 PM
top work sir

RudeTony
04-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Hope to see everyone at trackside this weekend with my new ride for the foreseeable future.
If anyone needs Ballistic Buggy Tyres (plenty of rear green in stock) or anything else then come over and see me or reserve on the website and pick trackside checkout
www.rudebits.co.uk


See yah Sunday
:)

dibble34
06-12-2014, 12:46 PM
So who else is coming then? Caspar and I are.... Weather looking much better now with some rain until 9am, but then sunny So looks Good for racing :thumbsup: really hoping the track drys so I can try my xb4 2015 spec :wub

dibble34
06-12-2014, 01:30 PM
New track layout as well

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h358/dibble34/a31d9674fd5bf88619a3acc56ce0ed2d_zps0aa795cb.jpg

HOTSHOT III
06-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Looking forward to tomorrow, new track layout looks excellent:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Squidzilla
07-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Thanks for a great days racing guys! Looking forward to seeing the video's of the finals, the track was great to drive on and lead to some interesting battles!!

Squidzilla
07-12-2014, 05:38 PM
- silly phone resubmitted the form when I pressed back ... Deffo the phones fault! -

Bernie_W
07-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Really enjoyed today was hard in the earlier heats when the grip was hard to find. But pleased with Final 7th.

Thanks all involved in putting on a great event.
Thumbs up for the new caterers coffee in a real mug and FRESH burger buns great,

HOTSHOT III
08-12-2014, 09:53 AM
Thanks to all involved for another great day's racing at TORCH:thumbsup::thumbsup:

New track layout is tricky but a lot of fun and I think the wet grip will improve after a few rounds once the new parts have had a bit of use. Roll on the next round!!

Steve1973
14-12-2014, 03:08 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-8x3_Rxo92F-8LrohXFOBKCXYLA4SMCbtWMcvkXBEzs/edit?usp=docslist_api

Steve1973
14-12-2014, 03:08 PM
Results spreadsheet updated in the link above

Bernie_W
14-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Well done Steve nice to see results put up so promptly.

Another great day thanks to all involved.

Squidzilla
14-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Another Vintage day at Torch, thanks to all those who ran it !

Do the final results still get posted up, interested in the 2wd final as it felt like some of the best Ive driven!! (cheers for the quick winter series scores update Steve )

Steve1973
14-12-2014, 04:30 PM
4wd final

Steve1973
14-12-2014, 04:31 PM
2wd final

Steve1973
11-01-2015, 09:48 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-8x3_Rxo92F-8LrohXFOBKCXYLA4SMCbtWMcvkXBEzs/edit?usp=docslist_api

Squidzilla
18-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Awesome and fun day today! Even if a little cold!!!

Some great racing in the finals, 4wd was great to watch!

Meanwhile in the B final 2wd it's Richard Young 1, Rob 0. I will have vengeance for all my Yoko-homo brothers!!

AmiSMB
19-01-2015, 04:59 PM
All of the results are now online. Click here (http://www.torchracing.co.uk/winter-series-2/winter-series-2014-15/) to view.

hazeandfizz
19-01-2015, 11:42 PM
Top work Grant, thank you.

James.



QUOTE=AmiSMB;895836]All of the results are now online. Click here (http://www.torchracing.co.uk/winter-series-2/winter-series-2014-15/) to view.[/QUOTE]

Squidzilla
15-03-2015, 09:06 PM
Fun day today cheers guys.

Is anyone else noticing the results on the club website are a bit broken? im getting 404's on nearly all the pages, tried on multiple devices and connections.

Bernie_W
15-03-2015, 09:17 PM
they work ok for me.

Squidzilla
22-03-2015, 05:37 PM
Another top day today, any idea when to expect the results updated? I'm being impatient lol!!

Steve1973
07-04-2015, 08:37 PM
Full series results now uploaded

http://torchracing.co.uk/winter-series-2/winter-series-2014-15/