PDA

View Full Version : New For Sale sections!


Col
09-09-2014, 01:03 AM
Hey guys (and girls)

You might have noticed that there have been some substantial changes to the for sale section overnight.
I'd like your opinions... is this better? Or worse?

Note there have been rule changes.

shark
09-09-2014, 02:24 AM
I think its better , easier to locate what your after:thumbsup:
Good Job .

Chris Larner
09-09-2014, 04:53 AM
Great job. I think you will have your work cut out there Col due to the amount of people that can't read rules and still post without a picture or a price. Look forward to seeing the amount of strikes you have to give out this week.
Hopefully it will put off some of the scammers.
Biggest Rule is DONT pay by gift unless you trust and know seller.

K-Brewer
09-09-2014, 07:03 AM
I think electrics should be anything to do with electrics like chargers an stuff an not just what's inside the car, would make it a lot simpler seeing as ur for sale item will get deleted if in the wrong section, it's to complicated otherwise

emtee
09-09-2014, 07:29 AM
I think electrics should be anything to do with electrics like chargers an stuff an not just what's inside the car


+1 for this..

Col
09-09-2014, 07:52 AM
Great job. I think you will have your work cut out there Col due to the amount of people that can't read rules and still post without a picture or a price. Look forward to seeing the amount of strikes you have to give out this week.
Hopefully it will put off some of the scammers.
Biggest Rule is DONT pay by gift unless you trust and know seller.

True buddy. Pictures are currently mandatory in the one section only (in theory the highest price bit) but may roll out across the board.

I think electrics should be anything to do with electrics like chargers an stuff an not just what's inside the car, would make it a lot simpler seeing as ur for sale item will get deleted if in the wrong section, it's to complicated otherwise

+1 for this..

Due to the fact it was 4:25am I'm not entirely sure what my logic was there... presumably you'd want to include tyre warmers and power supplies in electric too? Makes sense I suppose!

K-Brewer
09-09-2014, 07:57 AM
Yeah tyres warmers, program cards an all that good stuff mate

Zippy G
09-09-2014, 08:46 AM
Great Job Col

However I regularly just browse through the for sale section as you never know what you may come across :woot:

Now the sections are seperated there is more searching to do.:(

Also someone searching for an item may come across something else that they want if all catorgories are together as per the old setup, but now that can't happen.

Also I regularly advertise in the for sale section where I put up one post which then has several items within it.
Will these types of adds now be deleted?

If so that would mean that I have to advertise items individually and so could take up half a page of the for sale section.

Just my point of view not sure how others feel. :thumbsup:

Peakey
09-09-2014, 10:25 AM
It's defiantly better like this as if it's all in separate sections your ad is going to stay visible for longer.

And IMO I think all adds should be one thread for everything and just update it as things sell or are amended. Again this will keep more adds visible.

And I think ALL adds should have a pic it's not hard to add a pic with today's phones and more people will feel better about buying

spennyy2k
09-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Leave it as it was. I imagine a lot of people like myself view the forum on a phone and more sections to load is more hassle, oople is slow enough to load at the best of times.

RogerM
09-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Leave it as it was. I imagine a lot of people like myself view the forum on a phone and more sections to load is more hassle, oople is slow enough to load at the best of times.

I personally perfered it how it was, really struggle with time on the forum ans lots of different places to look make it harder to track.

Also has the upload size of photos increased as I've never been able to upload anything to oople due to sizes (and my inability to manipulate images)

Peakey
09-09-2014, 12:49 PM
I've always used the photo bucket app to upload photos and have never had a problem with it and it's so simple to use.

Ashlandchris
09-09-2014, 02:36 PM
My personal preference was to leave it how it was - I always look through the sale section as a browse, not because I'm specifically after anything. How it is now requires clicking on the 4 sections, and that is time consuming due to slow website

Aire valley
09-09-2014, 06:53 PM
My personal preference was to leave it how it was - I always look through the sale section as a browse, not because I'm specifically after anything. How it is now requires clicking on the 4 sections, and that is time consuming due to slow website

I know you must have put a lot of work in to achieve the new system Col but unfortunately, I have to agree with the above...
I am a dedicated "browser"...!just like to see what's for sale and make impulse purchases..!:rolleyes:

gerbil
09-09-2014, 07:02 PM
The old way was better IMO
Just needs everyone to adhere to the pic rule it's a bit annoying " I'll post pics once at home" just wait till your at home to place your add anyway that's my two pence worth

cornishboy176
09-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Nobody likes change, "if it ain't broke don't fix it", thing is times are changing and these changes have been done for the better of the website, hats off to Jimmy and co for their hardwork in running this website, where else can you advertise for sale / wanted items for free, I do agree with the pictures up with the item for sale, this way is more manageable for the moderators and just means that we all have to spend more time trawling thru oople :thumbsup:

Just my thoughts peeps

gerbil
09-09-2014, 07:34 PM
Just a quick question the new posts on the home screen doesn't see to update for me ! Could just be mine thanks

Karting
09-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Another thing which does my swede in...

When people post a item for sale and in the "new" thread they simply post a link to the "old" thread

Col
09-09-2014, 08:08 PM
All electrical items now fall under electrics.

We'll call it a trial for now, the different sections. Personally... I prefer it - makes moderating easier.

D20MCK
09-09-2014, 08:16 PM
I think it looks bad and it's hard to navigate just because of the multiple sections you need more clicks to browse through.

I really didn't see the problem before, change it back.

Ross
09-09-2014, 08:53 PM
It all looks cool to me.

The only thing I don't like, and it nothing to do with the new system. When an item has sold the seller deletes the content of the thread and posts please close.
Two reasons why I don't like it.

1, it's good to use posts as reference to see what they sold for if you are looking for the same item.
2 why delete it if you have nothing to hide :p

Just my thoughts :)

Adam F
09-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Prefer the old way I'm afraid.

Essex2Visuvesi
09-09-2014, 10:26 PM
Maybe we could have a vote.
Does this forum software have a voting option?

alex97
10-09-2014, 06:14 AM
I much prefer the old way as well. Browsing was much easier and overall it just worked better for me. Is there a way you could have them all below like before as well as in their categories?

Peakey
10-09-2014, 06:36 AM
If you look at the new sections correctly it's easier and it loads quicker. People are now browsing different arrears than all in one place so relives pressure on the server.

If you go into the main for sale section and you look at the oo's under the sub sections if there orange then there's new posts. I find this better all round.

mark christopher
10-09-2014, 07:40 AM
Preferred the old way, one click one look, as I just browse the section and if something takes my fancy buy it I'm not always looking for a specific item

FrogPrince82
10-09-2014, 08:10 AM
My 2 pence, I prefer the new format, think it's clearer and more tidy.

racingdwarf
10-09-2014, 09:39 AM
Hate change:lol: but I did prefer the old way as has been said, one click and you see everything, I tend to just klick on it through the day very quickly incase of a quality bargain, now I have to check all the sections, and to be honest I don't really see why the change was needed, just more work for the over worked mod

Col
10-09-2014, 08:16 PM
The only thing I don't like, and it nothing to do with the new system. When an item has sold the seller deletes the content of the thread and posts please close.


I've fixed that too:thumbsup:

Maybe we could have a vote.
Does this forum software have a voting option?

Yes, it does.

Is there a way you could have them all below like before as well as in their categories?

Not that I've been able to find.

just more work for the over worked mod

No way dude! Took me a night to get set up properly, but it's now going to be much easier to track things.
Added bonus to sellers is that your item remains visible (ie on page 1) for a whole load longer.

SlowOne
10-09-2014, 08:18 PM
I like it. Don't mind the browsing, easier to scan a shorter list, posts stay on the first page for longer so more likely to sell and all the likely things you are looking for are in the same place. Good work, Col!

Zippy G
10-09-2014, 08:59 PM
Hi Col as per my earlier post
When i used to put up a for sale post with a list of items will that now get deleted?

Will I need to post them individualy as per section?:cry:

I will be living in the oople window :cry:

zoaman
10-09-2014, 10:00 PM
server loadz quicker.so what .you cant wait a split second to see all in one place.sorry but I do like a change but not for the worse....click here for one thing click there for another..not for me..its gone like the doctors telephone.press 1 for 999,press 2 for nurse ,press 3 for.....:thumbdown:

Welshy40
10-09-2014, 10:03 PM
I also prefer the old for sale section, this puts me off looking now as its takes longer to look. Also The Anything else RC section has chargers listed which is daft considering its an electric item so should be in the electric section. Needs to be changed.

Zippy G
11-09-2014, 07:05 AM
Whist on the subject of change is there any way of every member having a 'feedback' option in the drop down where you normally PM or view their profile etc.
So if you have bought or sold something to a member there is a simple way to leave feedback or more importantly if you are about to trade with the member than you can easily access their history and see what they have done in the past good or bad. This would definitely help weeding out the fraudsters as per ebay, if anyone has any negative feedback you are then weary of them before you buy.
In the current system it's not easy to view or leave feedback.

Just a suggestion:thumbsup:

D20MCK
11-09-2014, 06:50 PM
The small section on the right hand side of the front page no longer works. You've broken the for sale section of the forum col.

It really is terrible now. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Col
11-09-2014, 08:32 PM
Hi Col as per my earlier post
When i used to put up a for sale post with a list of items will that now get deleted?

Will I need to post them individualy as per section?:cry:

I will be living in the oople window :cry:

How is it possible you have so much stuff to sell?:p

Yes, no lists of everything - cars in car bit, electrics in electric bit etc

Col
11-09-2014, 08:34 PM
Whist on the subject of change is there any way of every member having a 'feedback' option in the drop down where you normally PM or view their profile etc.


Not that I am able to set up - I can only change forum stuff, not more complicated things like that. I think.

Col
11-09-2014, 08:35 PM
The small section on the right hand side of the front page no longer works. You've broken the for sale section of the forum col.

It really is terrible now. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

I have to be honest and say that I've never even seen that page before. It only shows 5 items though, so is only a very small snapshot anyway?

Zippy G
11-09-2014, 09:52 PM
How is it possible you have so much stuff to sell?:p

Yes, no lists of everything - cars in car bit, electrics in electric bit etc


LOL
I try everything and keep nothing :D

dibble34
12-09-2014, 05:54 AM
I am sure I put the price in the title of my last 2 ads and the have been removed. Is that you Col? Have I broken a new rule?:blush:

orinoco
12-09-2014, 08:14 AM
1 more vote for the old format, why the change?

D20MCK
12-09-2014, 01:24 PM
I have to be honest and say that I've never even seen that page before. It only shows 5 items though, so is only a very small snapshot anyway?


And your point is:confused:

Like I said before it looks terrible and takes way to long to navigate through the multiple sections. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

i4n
12-09-2014, 02:16 PM
I prefer the new way. I never used to just browse as some did, I was always on the look out for something specific, now I know if I'm after a servo or an ESC I look in the electrics section.

I imagine it's also a lot easier to moderate. Perhaps if people had complied with the rules with the old system it may have stayed like that - the amount of adverts without pictures or prices were very high and they were the ones I just skipped by because I like to see the condition of the things I'm buying.

What we've got to remember is it's free to buy and sell on here and it's moderated by people giving up their spare time to do it. I for one am grateful of that facility.

K-Brewer
12-09-2014, 03:11 PM
I prefered the way it was before, was a lot easier to look through an come across unexpected goodies. May of been a little pain for the mod's but if it's what people want then it's what people want.

What we all have to remember though guys is "the customers always right" :thumbsup:

CHEVY
12-09-2014, 05:01 PM
old way if it's not broken don't fix it:D

Cammans14
12-09-2014, 09:30 PM
I can't even find it now

fidspeed
13-09-2014, 06:31 AM
you have to be logged for it to show now (well I do anyway) :thumbsup:

guess it helps to out of view of scammers and ne'er do wells

dave

tinnylad
14-09-2014, 08:36 PM
It's much better the new way, I find it much quicker to see what's been added.

Col
14-09-2014, 11:35 PM
you have to be logged for it to show now (well I do anyway) :thumbsup:

guess it helps to out of view of scammers and ne'er do wells

dave

That is true - people who aren't logged on, or people of certain usergroups can no longer see the section.

Cammans14 as you can post, you are not restricted from seeing it.

Dave Dodd
15-09-2014, 08:17 AM
I like the new system, as its easier to look for particular items and most items will be on the front page :thumbsup:

well done Col :thumbsup:

Burty248
15-09-2014, 01:56 PM
I like this new system much easier to find stuff now.

Jamie B4
15-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Is there still a none rd for sale section. Have broken my phone and wondered if I could get one off here

Peakey
15-09-2014, 09:58 PM
If it's non Rc you mean then yes it's still there but you need to be logged in

Welshy40
18-09-2014, 05:57 AM
I cant stand it so wont be using it. Pity Jimmys original layout worked great so come on Jimmy put it back to the way it was.

Zippy G
18-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Not that I am able to set up - I can only change forum stuff, not more complicated things like that. I think.

Ok so maybe make feedback link in the signature compulsory?
Many of the honest and good people already do this :thumbsup:

That could just be a simple addition that people need to make to their profile. Simples!:woot:

Safer place to trade, minimising scammers, everyone is happy:thumbsup:

dibble34
20-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Right, every time i put an ad up i put the price in the description and the price keeps disappearing! i Can't find any rule stating you should not do this??? I am doing something wrong?

Zippy G
20-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Its happened to me a few times when i have put the price in the title. I think Col doesn't like it that way so he edits the title so it doesn't show the price.

Not sure why but I just don't put the price in the title.

Simples:thumbsup:

Chequered Flag Racing
20-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Ok so maybe make feedback link in the signature compulsory?
Many of the honest and good people already do this :thumbsup:



Mines been like for years :thumbsup:

SlowOne
21-10-2014, 07:22 PM
Ok so maybe make feedback link in the signature compulsory?
Many of the honest and good people already do this :thumbsup:Many people who don't do it are good and honest too. Not having feedback is not a sign of a crook at work. Let's not tarnish everyone with the same brush...

Peakey
21-10-2014, 07:32 PM
Many people who don't do it are good and honest too. Not having feedback is not a sign of a crook at work. Let's not tarnish everyone with the same brush...


It's not a case of tarnishing people with no feedback. I bought my dogfighter in here from a guy with no feedback and only 1 post, he was a great guy to deal with.
It's the people that reply to want adds that have got just what your after for a brilliant price you need to be careful of.
I'm not saying it's everyone, people just need to think about what there doing before they send payments as a gift, to someone they don't know and have never spoken to before.

Zippy G
21-10-2014, 09:08 PM
Many people who don't do it are good and honest too. Not having feedback is not a sign of a crook at work. Let's not tarnish everyone with the same brush...


This isn't what I meant at all. :confused:

My suggestion was to make feedback compulsory just help a buyer make a decision and by no means to tarnish any member, on the whole the members on this forum are great and honest but there are a small minority who take advantage of the trust of honest trusting people. These are the minority that spoil it for the genuine people and like ebay feedback helps you make the decision who to buy from and the rotten eggs gradually get weeded out :thumbsup:.

SlowOne
22-10-2014, 08:18 PM
It's not a case of tarnishing people with no feedback. I bought my dogfighter in here from a guy with no feedback and only 1 post, he was a great guy to deal with.
It's the people that reply to want adds that have got just what your after for a brilliant price you need to be careful of.
I'm not saying it's everyone, people just need to think about what there doing before they send payments as a gift, to someone they don't know and have never spoken to before.I get the idea, and I can see what that might mean to some people. However, I want to buy and sell, not buy, sell and get feedback. That's a process that people rely on and become 'blind' to the people they are dealing with.

I have bought things on here and done my checking by finding people I know who might know the people I buy from. If a seller isn't prepared to tell me where they race, where they live or anything else I can use to ask people I know who may know them, I don't buy. I only pay with fees, and cover them if asked.

If I sell I don't mind how people pay. I check out the person as best I can and if I can't get something positive I don't buy. Since I don't know anything about the people leaving feedback it's not of much use as a comparison to what I would expect from a seller. How do I know how genuine the feedback is and that it is not a set-up?

In this day and age if you put in a process then people will trust the process, not the people they deal with. If there is a process, then someone can game that process - build up good feedback with small sales to their mates for example - and then still sting someone for the big one.

We've become a world where we are risk-averse, not hazard-aware. When something goes wrong a process is put in place and we all trust the process. That makes us unaware of the hazards and so we stumble blindly into the traps set by the scammers who rely on us to follow the process blindly without being aware of the hazards (traps) they set.

Yes, I am old and yes, I am a bit cranky. I've never been scammed so I'll stay that way. I want to remain someone who is hazard-aware and focuses on the person I am dealing with, not the process I am supposed to be using. Inisisting on feedback won't make the scammers any less likely to be here, just more devious to keep on tricking us. Just my thoughts...

Peakey
23-10-2014, 02:03 PM
I totally understand your point slowone I think the feedback system is there just as a guide as the same as eBay. I trade with people with little or know feedback if they have something I want. But like you make sure that I cover myself.

If you take the last two people that have been scammed they were by the sabe guy with differant user names I think, with no post count and replying to a wanted add over pm.

But you can't judge everyone the same as I've just purchased my new yoke from someone with just 1 post, but unlike the others I payed as goods and had no problem.

No think in the end it all comes down to common sense IMHO.

rondoolaa
06-11-2014, 07:57 PM
i too can not stand the for sale section any more and liked it as it was, i would prefer to find all posts in one section and it gives variety in the posts,
i used to look every day in the for sale section, sometimes 3 times a day,
now i cant be bothered to skip between each sub section looking for new posts so i dont use the for sale section any more unfortunately,
id rather see everything one particular seller is selling in one post not scattered across 3 or 4 sub sections,

also if i saw someones other items for sale among the 1 item i wanted i may have been tempted to buy another item from them but as different items are in their own sub section i wont see them and i wont search for something i didn't originally want but would have bought at the spur of the moment if i saw them items all together,
so also the way its now laid out may restrict sales for sellers.

please change it back col,

if something worked why change it, especially when its made it harder to find things