View Full Version : B4 to B4.1/4.2
Chequered Flag Racing
09-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Can anyone tell me what parts from the B4 kit fit straight on the 4.1/4.2?
Got some NIP B4 items for sale and don't know if they retro fit the newer cars.
Thanks in advance.
alex97
09-09-2014, 08:20 PM
I THINK the main difference is small bore shocks on the b4/b4.2 and big bore on the b4.2. The chassis is longer by 8mm on the b4.1. Other than that I think that it.
neallewis
09-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Gearbox is metric bearing on diff outdrives, plus diff outdrives are metric sized on B4.1/4.2. The B4 had imperial sizes.
Centro required the B4.1 diff and bearings.
Topshaft, slipper and slipper spring were different.
Plastics apart from gearbox casing were essentially the same part numbers. I think they "upgraded" to thunder tigre plastic, retaining the orginal part numbers.
Lee1972
10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
I know this is being slightly pedantic but the rear toe block is different in design on 4.1 / 4.2 from the original B4 and on the 4.1 the front hubs had three ball stud holes as opposed to two on the original, the 4.1 rear shock tower was also slightly modified to allow the carbon strap to slide under it with a lipo in.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.