PDA

View Full Version : Receiver / ESC Mounting


Holeshot
13-09-2014, 09:05 PM
When mounting your electrics do you use double sided tape or Velcro or something else?

Essex2Visuvesi
13-09-2014, 11:00 PM
Usually Double sided tape and maybe a couple of ziplock ties if possible.

neallewis
13-09-2014, 11:34 PM
VHB Gel Tape. It obsoletes the other stuff.

HOTSHOT III
14-09-2014, 04:21 AM
Up to now i've been using the Tamiya heat resistant servo tape because it peels off leaving no residue (and doesn't peel off in use!) but i'm hearing a lot about this VHB Gel Tape and might give it a try next time I run out. Can someone post up a link on here?

sparkyboy22
14-09-2014, 07:33 AM
http://rcshopsearch.co.uk/?s=Vhb+gel+tape

SlowOne
14-09-2014, 05:20 PM
That gel tape stuff - just got some based on recommendations on here and you guys didn't let me down. It's excellent stuff.

All except servos - those are nailed down with a mechanical posts and screws!! :)

mattr
14-09-2014, 06:34 PM
Calling vhb double sided tape doesn't really do it justice.

I'm using it for escs in all my cars, even in the 8th, with its nice light weight (not) esc. It's not moved a mm. Despite some monster crashes.

Jason A
14-09-2014, 06:46 PM
VHB gel tape is defo the winner in my eyes.

Also black tack for holding your wires nicely in place as well.

:thumbsup:

Peakey
14-09-2014, 07:18 PM
+1 for the gel tape I use this
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/170907252996

fidspeed
15-09-2014, 08:18 AM
+1 for the gel tape I use this
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/170907252996


thats the stuff :thumbsup:
worst job is peeling the backing off

fid

JonyNitro
15-09-2014, 03:03 PM
I picked other Shoo Goo:D

BazzerH
15-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Shoe goo is great unless you're in a hurry. Also if you've got wires soldered already it tends to make the item to be stuck wander around before the glue cures. Ace for fresh builds tho and waterproofing

Col
15-09-2014, 08:05 PM
This is the stuff I use: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Parma-Pro-Servo-Tape-PAR8044-/221530232675?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item33943b1763

I've only ever bought it from America. I assume it's the same as this VHB stuff

mattr
16-09-2014, 04:57 AM
Except for the massive mark up, yes. Same stuff.

Col
16-09-2014, 08:03 PM
Massive mark-up? It's cheaper... isn't it?

bigred5765
16-09-2014, 09:43 PM
im using this stuff its ace backing has a lip so is easy to remove, and sticks great
CLICKY (http://www.geckorc.co.uk/storev2/store.php?page=viewproduct&product=pit-bits-geckorc-14mm-x-0-8mm-double-sided-gel-tape)

mattr
17-09-2014, 06:55 AM
Massive mark-up? It's cheaper... isn't it?Cheaper than what, buying VHB in the UK? I can get rolls twice that size for about 3 quid in the local DIY place. Or a 6mx20mm roll for about 15 quid if i shop around.

Just look for 3M 4910 VHB tape.

I keep a small roll in the tool box and a big one at home. (Actually, i think it's in a bag in my hauler right now..........)