Log in

View Full Version : B5m vs C4.2


Chesty
28-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Anyone who has driven and/or owned both know how they compare on track?

Really like the way the C4.2 drives and just wanted to know if the B5m goes as well. I've read mixed reports:confused:

RDG 40
28-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Im no pro but there is a difference its hard to say what though my times were nearly the same on track

B5m seems to be slightly heavier to rear and lighter to front easier to go light at front but thats about all i can say.

Only thing i would say is im tempted to sell my c4.2 jus because of the difference it handles i thought id run them and be able to swap easily but doesnt seem the case. Being very average i need to practice with same characteristics swapping was like driving two very slightly diff cars

If thats any help

discostu
28-09-2014, 11:26 PM
I've had the c4.1/c4.2 and now run the b5m the m is much more forgiving more balance and tough I fast improvement over the two bitsa cars

Chesty
29-09-2014, 09:22 AM
Cheers for the feedback guys - sounds good.

Is there a general consensus amongst national drivers about the car?

Richard Lowe
29-09-2014, 11:28 AM
I've got no plans to move away from my C4.2 until the D215 arrives, the B5M is a step backwards IMO going on the one's I've driven...

alex97
29-09-2014, 12:01 PM
I've got no plans to move away from my C4.2 until the D215 arrives, the B5M is a step backwards IMO going on the one's I've driven...
ive also been looking at the D215, any idea when it should be out???

DNC
29-09-2014, 03:03 PM
ive also been looking at the D215, any idea when it should be out???

What is a D215??

alex97
29-09-2014, 04:46 PM
What is a D215??
Hpi's new 2wd drive buggy, its due out in 2015 and looks very nice. Very little info has been given out by hpi :(

Richard Lowe
29-09-2014, 07:35 PM
ive also been looking at the D215, any idea when it should be out???
Here we go again :lol:
It's still all prototype stuff at the moment, it'll be a way off yet.

Let's not hijack an AE thread :)

Aire valley
29-09-2014, 09:04 PM
I've got no plans to move away from my C4.2 until the D215 arrives, the B5M is a step backwards IMO going on the one's I've driven...

That is, of course, an entirely unbiased view.....from an Hpi sponsored driver.:lol:

RDG 40
29-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Rich im interested in what you thought was different and why you prefer the c4.2 etc. is it a track condition thing or general handling etc.

Thanks

K-Brewer
29-09-2014, 09:08 PM
I changed from the C4.2 to the B5m an was instantly quicker, I know a few people that have also changed from different manufacturers who also got quicker with the B5m . It's still down to personal preference but I would say it's a step forward

alex97
29-09-2014, 09:40 PM
I went from a b44.2 to a b5m and overall I'm much faster and my laps are more consistent. I just perfure the way that 2wd cars handle and theres less maintenance. But its personal preference at the end of the day.

Richard Lowe
29-09-2014, 10:03 PM
That is, of course, an entirely unbiased view.....from an Hpi sponsored driver.:lol:
Unbiased in respect to C4.2 vs B5M yes, I can run what I want while I wait for the D215 - I'm sticking with my Centro for 'normal' tracks and B44/B4 hybrid for velcro racing :)

Rich im interested in what you thought was different and why you prefer the c4.2 etc. is it a track condition thing or general handling etc.

Thanks
It's a strange one to describe but the Centro just feels really balanced and sorted to me. It rides bumps nicely, carries good corner speed on fast corners yet still has the agility to turn on the spot when you yank the handbrake and doesn't seem to scrub speed when you do. It's taken all this years national season to get to the point with my hybrid where I'm not thinking in the back of my mind "I'd still be faster with my Centro".

The B5's I've driven felt really inconsistent, the back end is a bit... weird sometimes. Watching them go round at nationals this year none have looked all that great, they always look like they're on a knife edge and wanting to throw themselves off the track. That might be a case of not finding 'the' setup just yet or possibly just struggling to keep up with the cheaty cars or both, we'll have a better idea when people are more experienced with them :)

K-Brewer
29-09-2014, 10:41 PM
Unbiased in respect to C4.2 vs B5M yes, I can run what I want while I wait for the D215 - I'm sticking with my Centro for 'normal' tracks and B44/B4 hybrid for velcro racing :)


It's a strange one to describe but the Centro just feels really balanced and sorted to me. It rides bumps nicely, carries good corner speed on fast corners yet still has the agility to turn on the spot when you yank the handbrake and doesn't seem to scrub speed when you do. It's taken all this years national season to get to the point with my hybrid where I'm not thinking in the back of my mind "I'd still be faster with my Centro".

The B5's I've driven felt really inconsistent, the back end is a bit... weird sometimes. Watching them go round at nationals this year none have looked all that great, they always look like they're on a knife edge and wanting to throw themselves off the track. That might be a case of not finding 'the' setup just yet or possibly just struggling to keep up with the cheaty cars or both, we'll have a better idea when people are more experienced with them :)

I felt exactly the opposite with both cars lol only time I really felt at home with the Centro was on a astro , couldn't get the hang of it on anything else

DNC
30-09-2014, 05:26 AM
Unbiased in respect to C4.2 vs B5M yes, I can run what I want while I wait for the D215 - I'm sticking with my Centro for 'normal' tracks and B44/B4 hybrid for velcro racing :)


It's a strange one to describe but the Centro just feels really balanced and sorted to me. It rides bumps nicely, carries good corner speed on fast corners yet still has the agility to turn on the spot when you yank the handbrake and doesn't seem to scrub speed when you do. It's taken all this years national season to get to the point with my hybrid where I'm not thinking in the back of my mind "I'd still be faster with my Centro".

The B5's I've driven felt really inconsistent, the back end is a bit... weird sometimes. Watching them go round at nationals this year none have looked all that great, they always look like they're on a knife edge and wanting to throw themselves off the track. That might be a case of not finding 'the' setup just yet or possibly just struggling to keep up with the cheaty cars or both, we'll have a better idea when people are more experienced with them :)


Hey Richard
What do you mean by "cheaty car"??

/tobys
30-09-2014, 06:15 AM
He means motor forward cars, like the KF, TM2 etc ;)