View Full Version : Lithium grease
themaggdaddy
12-10-2014, 12:34 AM
Has anyone an idea if lithium grease is a good alternative for high speed grease?
Opinions are very welcome
Losi_110
12-10-2014, 12:02 PM
I used this in my old B4 diff and hasn't been rebuilt in years, but still silky smooth.
Pitman Ed
13-10-2014, 07:41 AM
Do you mean using lithium instead of silicone on ball diff rings?
themaggdaddy
13-10-2014, 09:47 AM
@ Pitman Ed
No instead of high speed grease. I'm gonna put steel gears in my diff instead of the nylon ones. And was wondering if lithium grease is a good replacement for high speed grease. So it will run smooth and wear less. As lubricant for the gears.
/tobys
13-10-2014, 12:35 PM
If you are talking about a gear diff, I would have thought you would want to run silicone diff fluid in order to tune?
mattr
13-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Depends if its a sealed diff or not.
Pretty sure the one in my (RTR) b4.1 wasn't sealed.
If it is a sealed diff, use oil.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.