View Full Version : b4 gearing with gtb and 6.5 motor
dave g
10-11-2008, 09:21 AM
what size pinions do i need for a b4 indoors with a novak gtb with novak 6.5motor and lipo?
spur is an 84 i believe.
also gearing for an 81 just incase.
cheers
dave
Glenn Atterton
10-11-2008, 09:35 AM
ran a 7.5s on LiPo @ York on 24/81
same pinion for 84 won't be that far away.
for 6.5 go to 23/81 / 84
81 is kit spur
c0sie
10-11-2008, 09:47 AM
I run a 23 on a kit spur with a 6.5L EVERYWHERE (on the B4 and now S2).
The 6.5L is just such a versitile motor :)
Alex H
11-11-2008, 08:19 PM
What goes for a Losi xelronin 6.5 sintred? I use 21/84 now but can i go 22-23/84?
c0sie
11-11-2008, 09:06 PM
How hot id your motor after 5 minutes?
Alex H
11-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Quite hot acctually. Thats why I´m asking because it woulnt be any cooler with higher gearing. Do you guys all run lipos? I am not so far but thinking about it since its being aproved by efra. I have heard that lipos makes both motor and speedo run cooler than with subC´s.
c0sie
11-11-2008, 09:28 PM
I cant confirm that...not really sure. I run 23/81 EVERYWHERE and always run a fan. Ive never had any heat issue with a motor ever :)
Southwell
11-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Quite hot acctually. Thats why I´m asking because it woulnt be any cooler with higher gearing.
Yes it can be.
josh_smaxx
11-11-2008, 10:33 PM
i think i ran 22/81 with an orion 6.5, was good.
zaquiz
12-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Here you have:
81 84
14 15.04 15.60
15 14.04 14.56
16 13.16 13.65
17 12.39 12.85
18 11.70 12.13
19 11.08 11.49
20 10.53 10.92
21 10.03 10.40
22 9.57 9.93
23 9.16 9.50
24 8.78 9.10
25 8.42 8.74
NOVAK 2wd 4wd
4.5R n/a 12,0
5.5R 11,0 11,0
6.5R 10,0 10,0
7.5R 9,5 9,5
zaquiz
12-11-2008, 09:03 AM
So you should run a 20 with 81 and 21 with 84, more or less.
Southwell
12-11-2008, 09:10 AM
I ran 23 with 84 on a 6.5.
dave g
12-11-2008, 09:17 AM
sometimes if you undergear you can cook the motor just as easily as overgearing if the motor is just screaming all the time.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.