PDA

View Full Version : Carisma GTB - Sutible Batteries & battery tray size


MattV6
21-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Hi guys i'm after a bit of info :)

I'm currently running a Losi mini 8 and although i think it drives very well ive just bought myself a Carisma GTB after racing against them at Torbay at the weekend, they just seem an overall better car.

My question is what are the batteries that are being used? All my other electrics are being swapped over but i would like to make this a competitive car as best i can. I'm currently running some 1300 Gens Ace packs, good but very short.

Whats the battery tray length? My kit will be here tomorrow but i would ideally like to order a few batteries today/tonight so i've got them for our race night on Thursday :). I'm in the Micro nationals and would love to get it as competitive as poss :)

Would these fit in?

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=26653

Any advice would be very helpful :)

Dombrasky
21-10-2014, 04:02 PM
these are the ones you need, approx. 20mm gap so you can move fwd or back if needed,amazing punch as used by national champs....:)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__29023__Turnigy_nano_tech_2200mah_2S_40_80C_Lipo_ Pack_TRA2820_Traxxas_1_16_models_UK_Warehouse_.htm l

MattV6
21-10-2014, 05:14 PM
these are the ones you need, approx. 20mm gap so you can move fwd or back if needed,amazing punch as used by national champs....:)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__29023__Turnigy_nano_tech_2200mah_2S_40_80C_Lipo_ Pack_TRA2820_Traxxas_1_16_models_UK_Warehouse_.htm l

Dombrasky thank you for the link :)

I will order some tonight as they also have them in stock in the UK warehouse :)

I can never understand how they sell their stuff so cheap? I've used Hobby King for years and never had an issue.

I've been on the Thumbd Designs website, the hop ups are mounting lol!

MattV6
24-10-2014, 10:37 AM
I tried out these batteries for the first time last night on the track and the performance is staggering!

The constant punch these produce is immense! They don't evem seem to lose any power over a 5 min heat!

:) :)

jrenton
24-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Are these Turnigy batteries suitable for National racing? For 1/10th scale I know there is a list of allowed/approved batteries you can use.

BazzerH
24-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Are these Turnigy batteries suitable for National racing? For 1/10th scale I know there is a list of allowed/approved batteries you can use.

They are very suitable for nationals. All the micro electric rule book says is they must be 2S and fit inside the chassis :thumbsup:

MattV6
24-10-2014, 04:56 PM
These also fit very well :)

The rules for micro batteries are just brilliant! :D