PDA

View Full Version : TORCH back in the day


HOTSHOT III
29-11-2014, 08:14 AM
I stumbled on some pics of the old track from circa 2008 when I spent the best part of a week scraping the moss off the astroturf in preparation for the debut of the ZX-5 Isambard Kingdom Brunel Edition (I seem to remember the wheelbarrow in image 4 lapped faster).

I'd completely forgotten about these, if anyone can make use of them to show how far the club has come they're more than welcome to use them:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8642/15901590351_7fa388f9fe_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7483/15281321774_ae89e5a23f_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7470/15902933632_b9c0201a81_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7465/15283933943_1a98ae2d37_b.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8561/15716077398_8728b7c9cb_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7533/15902929112_8613b4ae1f_b.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8661/15901593061_2dc48f6792_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7549/15902924562_d7ae984ca4_b.jpg

badger5
29-11-2014, 08:31 AM
Bloody hell Alex! Just goes to show how far we have come!

HOTSHOT III
29-11-2014, 10:14 AM
The layout from before this is still on Google Maps, does anyone know how to go about getting them to change it?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Southampton,+Hampshire+SO32+2BH/@50.9313229,-1.2248444,2331m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x48746c1bdf45ad9f:0x3 514448cd6067f05?hl=en

Crazy L
29-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Wow, now that's going back a few years. It is the same layout as what was on my original torch promo vid.

RANdom start

Lol

jpmatrix
29-11-2014, 03:51 PM
Wow!

Looking at the first pic you sure its not from 1988 seeing the mk3 ford escort lol.

Im suring i can remember the orange piping when i first raced Xmas 2010 with a brushed motor madrat.

shaun m
29-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Well done alex :) , This is simular to what it was like when i breifly went to torch before , bloody hard to think its the same place!!