View Full Version : Generators
Tobyw
04-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Hi,
Does the club mind the use of generators? Only reason I ask is there is 3 of us that will be racing and potentially charging all the same time and I didn't want to rely on just a leisure battery.
Thanks
Toby
Crazy L
04-12-2014, 12:40 PM
Gennies aren't a problem son, you carry on.:thumbsup:
Tobyw
04-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Gennies aren't a problem son, you carry on.:thumbsup:
That's good news . Just need to find one that can run 3x chargers running at 5amps each... Any ideas on the sort of power I would need? :confused:
Thanks
Toby
Crazy L
04-12-2014, 05:04 PM
Any ideas on the sort of power I would need? :confused:
Thanks
Toby
Lots?
Dr Fly
04-12-2014, 08:05 PM
just remember its 5 amps @ 8volts which is only 40W per charger. If your running of the 240v output of the generator its only 0.16amps per charger. I expect most generators outputs to be quoted in Watts, but don't quote me on that, as i have never had one!
danDanEFC
04-12-2014, 08:09 PM
We got the smallest kipor genny, and it runs 7 or 8 chargers easily.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.