View Full Version : Tyres at bury
Tony E
08-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Can I ask which is the preferred tyre
Used by members. Is it still the Schumacher mini pin yellows or
Is there a new better tyre on the market now.
I'm just getting equipment together.
Many thanks
Tony
Maddy
08-12-2014, 07:16 PM
Hi mate
Outdoor dry schuy mini spike yellows rear and cut staggers up front work the best for most.
Outdoor wet most use ballistic green rears.
Tony E
08-12-2014, 07:24 PM
What about indoors as I believe
It's carpet and shiny floor.
Cheers
Tony
Maddy
08-12-2014, 07:29 PM
It's half n half in a fashion,same again with mini spikes rear,but some use mini pins in yellow on the rear.
Depends if your running 2wd or 4wd.
2wd most run yellow mini spikes rear an cut staggers front
4wd yellow mini spikes all round seem to go well.
Pitman Ed
08-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Indoors at Bury most people use Schuey MPin. Some run cut stagger on front of 2wd. All yellow compound
Tony E
08-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Cheers I will have a ride up on Sunday this week and next and
Chat to a few people.
Thanks again
Tony
Maddy
08-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Ok tony,
That way you can see what ppl are running on there rb6s indoor and outdoor the week after
Tony E
08-12-2014, 07:54 PM
Nice one cheers maddy
Gavin Collingwood
08-12-2014, 11:57 PM
It's half n half in a fashion,same again with mini spikes rear,but some use mini pins in yellow on the rear.
Depends if your running 2wd or 4wd.
2wd most run yellow mini spikes rear an cut staggers front
4wd yellow mini spikes all round seem to go well.
Maddy, most run mini PIN in 2wd sometimes all round
Si Coe
09-12-2014, 06:29 AM
From race control I can tell you MOST don't run anything. There isn't a clear winner.
The top heats tend to favor minipins. I'm sure that means they are the ultimately faster tyre. However middle ability drivers seem to prefer minispikes, as they are most consistent across all the surfaces. Scott was making a good run with blocks, and some people even ran Ballistics.
It really seems to been down to what suits your driving style. Pins are fastest overall but if pins don't work for you then they aren't the best choice.......
Maddy
09-12-2014, 03:54 PM
Maddy, most run mini PIN in 2wd sometimes all round
At the last indoor meeting talking with stu wood he ran mini spikes all round.
I ran pins rear and spikes front,that worked in a fashion.:lol:
Gavin Collingwood
09-12-2014, 05:43 PM
Stu was running 4wd
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.