PDA

View Full Version : CALL TO ARMS


Kelk
18-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Tuesday the 30th is NOT happening as we cannot get access to the track

So all work will be done on weekend of the 3rd & 4th January - just a note to confirm

Hi everyone and I do mean everyone!

The club has served all of us pretty damn well over the last couple of years but it needs our / your help

Track furniture is tired, the astro needs relaying, $hit needs tidying up or working on

We've all enjoyed our time on it but if we want it to continue, and ideally grow to its fullest potential we need to help it. Not help Dudders or Ellis or someone else, but the track and most importantly the club itself needs our help.

There is a light plan in place, more details within 24 hours, but who is going to give up some time?

I know u will ask when, but that depends on numbers so over the next 3 weeks when can u spare time? I'd like full name and times / dates after we post the plan.

If you are up for it in principle post full name up now anyway

No input means the club suffers and YOU can't race so much

I'm in (Chris James)

Let's hear you guys

Vrg1
18-12-2014, 11:19 PM
I'm all in Jimmy white cap 27,29,30 any time as I'm off.

focusmad
19-12-2014, 07:46 AM
I'm in can make any time chris ellis

TARTMAN
19-12-2014, 09:18 AM
Most evenings and weekends.......

Darren P......

mugenmark
19-12-2014, 09:38 AM
weekend,3rd,4th jan

NeilRichardson
19-12-2014, 09:45 AM
I'm in any time as long I'm not working !
Neil r

Suzukitudor
19-12-2014, 09:50 AM
Am up to help even though have not been around much due to small children string of illness!

30-31 dec. days 2-4 jan am free during the days.

Collegeboy
19-12-2014, 10:26 AM
I'm able to help either 28th, 29th, 30th or following weekend.

Paul Harrod

keith123
19-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Although I'm not around for racing I'm in for helping at the track :thumbsup: Most dates should be fine with me.

Keith M

terrybmw
19-12-2014, 10:44 AM
I'm more than willing to help out.weekends and evenings only though

Kelk
19-12-2014, 07:14 PM
Great response so far folks - some of the usual guard, and some additional people. Thank you to all.

So who else? - the more input we get the better and quicker we can turn things around.



We all take the time to criticise how and what things are done, this is human nature, this is your chance to make a positive contribution to making things better, so how's about it?

dobber
19-12-2014, 08:09 PM
So what was the output of the discussions at last nights race meet?

jlucas
19-12-2014, 08:27 PM
If you need me you know where I am can always lend an evening

Jakes2514
19-12-2014, 08:47 PM
I'm free all the way to 4th Jan back to work 5th and in colchester 24/25/26 rest of the time I should be able to pitch in, Long Haired General permitting.

Jakes VDM

Duncan
19-12-2014, 10:28 PM
I can't give you a date I am free, but if you post some proposed dates I will try and free up some time :thumbsup:

Owhitehouse
20-12-2014, 05:34 PM
I will help out when I can as all depends on my work load on the nights u decide on doing them

Kelk
21-12-2014, 04:46 PM
UPDATE: Thanks guys

There is a fair bit of work but it looks like we have 3 days where we have the majority of people available.

The dates are:

Tuesday 30th Dec
Saturday 2nd Jan
Sunday 3rd Jan

The jobs to be done are:

1) GET RID OF DOUBLE DOUBLES

This means:
i) lifting astro
ii) bring shovels and wheel barrows to dig them up and transport dirt / rubble away to a specified corner
iii) re-lay astro nice and smooth


2) REBUILD CENTRE TABLE TOP

i) order scalpings and get delivered prior to work party
ii) lift astro
iii) use scalpings to smooth table top
iv) get a whack-a-thingy delivered to site to compress everything down so it doesn't sink afterwards
v) potentially lay marine ply to give an even take-off and landing on all relevant sides. Means ordering ply
vi) re-lay astron nice and smooth

3) GENERAL ASTRO SMOOTHING

To get rid of the bad ripples and overlaps

i) lift
ii) smooth out as it's re-laid

4) REBUILD CORNER TABLE TOP

i) lift astro
ii) repair / replace pallets, add side batons to strengthen
iii) place new ply on the top
iv) replace astro nice and smooth


There is a lot of work there so many hands make light work.

Tuesday 30th will give us an idea how much effort is required for all of this and we may have to do some at other times as there is a lot of work here

Each day will start with a review of what we are doing so let's say a start time on Tuesday 30th at 10am. Run until we run out of steam / whatever time you can put in

Can someone confirm we can have access to the track at that time / on that date asap please?

Who is going to buy the scalpings? Duncan can you arrange this as you want to try rebuilding it the most? Thanks

Chris Ellis you said about being able to get marine ply - please can you do this?

Thanks

Any questions / suggestions / requests for change?

Please confirm your attendance

Kelk
21-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Then we follow up on the weekend of Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th

focusmad
21-12-2014, 04:59 PM
Yes can get marine ply but needs to be delivered and as we all now Christmas is here,will be able to do 2 & 3rd on track work,also need to sort out materials for the tabletop and wacker plate ??
I have been told that b&q are now doing a waterproof ply if anyone has finished work for Christmas could there have a look for me 12mm waterproof ply is fine.
Chris

The Playboy
21-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Hi Guys

Me and the boys can lend a hand for a few hours on the 30th, Happy to discuss track layouts and ideas for a more modular race track, And jump profiles etc.

Let me know by text as not really a forum basher, Chris Ellis has my number.

Thanks for a great day, I love this club and members, and would like to get involved in taking it further.

Cheers
Jess

jlucas
21-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Right ladies if you need stuff collecting I got the truck just cos I'm not racing anymore doesn't mean I don't care about the club I've lost count of how many cold evenings I've spent there grafting. Mr Ellis has my number so don't hesitate to call

dobber
22-12-2014, 08:34 AM
Cheers James, we'll keep you posted on what we're doing and if you can help,than that'll be great. :thumbsup:

Steve.T
22-12-2014, 05:32 PM
I can do the 3rd

Kelk
26-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Saturday the 3rd and Sunday 4th is good to go

We can't get access on the 30th is Tuesday so we will have to get as much done as we can in those 2 days. I expect there will be further work over the coming weeks / months.

A bit of hard work now will pay dividends in the future so let's make this the best track in the region so everyone wants to come and play with toys on fake grass with us

Darren has offered a wheel barrow on FB so I've said we will take it as it'll make moving stuff easier

If people can bring shovels / spades and basic DIY kit like hammers, screwdrivers etc and I'd recommend some gloves then we can blitz this

Collegeboy
29-12-2014, 08:56 PM
I'll be there Sat and will bring some tools. What time sat.

Paul

TARTMAN
29-12-2014, 11:12 PM
should be OK for me to on Saturday. I will bring the wheel barrow with me and it can stay there to.

Can we confirm a meet time, I might have a car to deliver but wont take long.

IF you need anything large collecting, sheets of ply etc, tell me where and I can meet you there as I have the recovery truck so large load area. If needed.

Dudders
29-12-2014, 11:23 PM
If any thing needs buying let me know. Also James L will help collect if he can.

dobber
30-12-2014, 08:30 AM
Nicely one cheers Darren

Kelk
30-12-2014, 10:10 AM
10am Saturday start time

Broken
30-12-2014, 12:41 PM
I can make most time for the next 7 days so let me know when and I shall be there. I may struggle a bit if today as I have just come off nights.

TARTMAN
30-12-2014, 11:07 PM
will prob be able to make ot for about 11am, may be earlier(depends on work).

so other than the wheel barrow. ??????
:confused::confused:

do you need my truck? if not i will come in the car.....:D:D

Jakes2514
01-01-2015, 01:26 PM
My in-laws are here this weekend but I will try and come for a few hours if I can get away, we still doing both Sat and Sun?

dobber
01-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Darren, just bring the car as I think we need people rather than removal of equipment etc.

Jakes, I believe the plan is for both days. Will be good to have your help on either day not matter how long for

Cheers

Duncan

Kelk
01-01-2015, 10:24 PM
Yes both days - Saturday start time is 10am



[/URL]Just a reminder that we need to get as many people together as possible for Saturday and Sunday





The list as I have it so far to help is:

Me
[URL="https://www.facebook.com/stuart.mccabe"]Stuart Mccabe (https://www.facebook.com/surreys.ensei?fref=ufi) (jimmy) potentially
Christopher Ellis (https://www.facebook.com/christopher.ellis.1481)
Duncan Hedger (https://www.facebook.com/duncan.hedger)
Mugen Mark as he is on Oople (Chatty Mark?)
Neil Richardson (https://www.facebook.com/neil.richardson.90) potentially
Paul Harrod
Keith M
James Lucas (https://www.facebook.com/James.the.Rocket.Lucas) potentially
Terry Dickinson (https://www.facebook.com/terry.dickinson.7)





Dudders



What about Oly and Tit?


Anyone else?




This is a great turn out so far but even more hands will make lighter work for everyone :)


The rough plan for the day is:


1) talk everyone through what is going to be done on Saturday and why - Chris J and Chris E


2) divide everyone up into groups to do the jobs


3) crack the F on ;)




Basically Chris and I have been speaking to a lot of people recently for feedback on the club / track. Most people have focused on the positive so I pushed to hear the negatives.


This is what the opening dialogue will go through and then we fix it

TARTMAN
02-01-2015, 10:46 PM
missed me off the list.

:(:(:(:(:(

see you about 11.....

keith123
03-01-2015, 09:37 AM
Don't think I'm going to be there today unless it stops raining. Should be good for Sunday though.

Kelk
03-01-2015, 05:24 PM
Big thank you to everyone who turned up today. Stu, Chris, Carl, Gareth Paul, Oly,

Please check FB PAGE for more details

Tomorrow starts from 9am till 4pm

We need more tools and wheel barrows.

Shovels, sledgehammer etc

The track has real potential so let's make this the best we can

Thanks once again

keith123
03-01-2015, 07:14 PM
Oh... just found the other FB page, didn't know that existed :blush: no one told me about that one :cry: wondered why the other page was a bit quiet :confused:

I will be there Sunday :thumbsup:

TARTMAN
03-01-2015, 11:27 PM
on my drive anyone wants to collect it help yourself guys...... :thumbsup:

Kelk
04-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Guys if u can make it today pls do bee need more people

Kelk
04-01-2015, 09:34 PM
please ignore this post

Collegeboy
05-01-2015, 01:44 PM
Sorry guys I didn't make yesterday. When are you planning the next work party.

Steve.T
05-01-2015, 04:39 PM
Sorry guys I didn't make yesterday. When are you planning the next work party.

I think this thursday and sunday was mentioned

Dudders
05-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Work party Thursday from 6.00pm and Sunday :thumbsup:

Next meeting maybe next Thursday if not Sunday 18th full day.

Jakes2514
06-01-2015, 09:13 AM
I'll be there Thursday the in laws didn't leave until late on Sunday :thumbdown:

Do we need to bring anything?

Owhitehouse
06-01-2015, 03:07 PM
I'll be there Thursday the in laws didn't leave until late on Sunday :thumbdown:

Do we need to bring anything?

could u bring 25 sappers and a SLDT to move the dirt and rocks ?

Kelk
06-01-2015, 05:02 PM
Neil is right - the next work party is Thursday 8th January

Aim for the night:

Sort the astro out - details on the night
Clean up

Now a lot of you will be wanting to return to racing asap so many hands make light work and all that so if you were planning on racing, then come down and help out. You'd got the time free as you were going to race anyway.

As for the weather, it's meant to be dry so no issue there.

See you all that evening from 18:30 onwards

Kelk
06-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Additionally Sunday will also be a work party from 9am

Come show the love

Jakes2514
07-01-2015, 12:14 PM
could u bring 25 sappers and a SLDT to move the dirt and rocks ?

Sorry it's after their bed-time and I'm pretty sure the SLDT's are US...

Steve.T
10-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Tomorrow still on?

dobber
10-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Tomorrow still on?

It certainly is, all help most welcome! :thumbsup:

TARTMAN
10-01-2015, 11:16 PM
It certainly is, all help most welcome! :thumbsup:

I will be able to lend a hand for an hour or 2, dropping a few things for the iconic meeting and also the wheelbarrow off....

Steve.T
11-01-2015, 07:46 AM
I'm afraid I have to work so can't make it, sorry guy's

Steve.T
14-01-2015, 08:56 AM
When's the next work day? I'm disappointed I couldn't make the last one

Kelk
15-01-2015, 04:58 PM
There will be some tonight from 6:30

Steve.T
28-01-2015, 10:44 AM
I'm off work until Friday, anyone heading over?

dobber
28-01-2015, 05:21 PM
I'm off work until Friday, anyone heading over?

Hi Steve,

We will be racing this week! Woohoo