View Full Version : XB4 2015 Metal Bevel & Diff Gear
Lee1972
20-12-2014, 09:35 PM
On the 2015 spec the outer gear and the bevel in the diffs are now metal. Does anyone have the new part numbers and are they available for sale yet? Saw a car once for sale on here that had Yokomo metal gears fitted again does anyone have the part numbers?
BentKa
21-12-2014, 02:48 AM
Here you go:
XRAY presents new authentic option parts for XRAY XB4 car: (http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/news/newsdesc.php?news_id=3086&kategoria=3086&catName=New%20XB4%20Steel%20Bevel%20Gears&Xnet_Session=d76245098f23eac9e333debdc8782826)
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx96/bent-ka/XB4/1450317_10201087581817954_326060842_n_zpsea8a4274. jpg
#364955 Steel Differential Bevel Gear 35T (http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/products/proddesc.php?prod_id=5221)
• 35T diff bevel gear
• High-strength, hardened steel
• Improved reliability
• Increased lifespan
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx96/bent-ka/XB4/10454961_806454422749175_5641050592799715633_o_zps a97e2323.jpg
Precision-machined 35T differential bevel made from high-strength steel. Additionally hardened for increased lifespan and reliability.
#365134 Steel Bevel Drive Gear 14T (http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/products/proddesc.php?prod_id=5223)
• 14T bevel drive gear
• High-strength, hardened steel
• Improved reliability
• Increased lifespan
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx96/bent-ka/XB4/10750062_806454419415842_3752325120825348971_o_zps d926edb8.jpg
14-tooth bevel-drive steel gear for front/rear differential. Additionally hardened for increased lifespan and reliability.
The combination of this gear + Steel Differential Bevel Gear increases reliability and improves drivability at high-traction tracks due to the increased gear weight.
Bent
Lee1972
21-12-2014, 09:39 AM
Thanks Bent ☺
thorny97
21-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Yes they are available in the UK now either from your local hobby shop I.e. MB Models or RC Disco
Gregerl
21-12-2014, 11:48 PM
Don't forget to also buy a pair of part #364990, one bushing is needed in each metal crown gear.
Not needed for alu gears apparently.
BentKa
22-12-2014, 08:28 AM
Don't forget to also buy a pair of part #364990, one bushing is needed in each metal crown gear.
Not needed for alu gears apparently.
Correct…the machined alu gears don't use the insert.
Bent
andoiwebb
25-12-2014, 06:22 PM
I think I'm going to build up my xb4 15 with plastic gears for low / med grip and save the steel gears for really high grip. Never had a plastic gear fail since the xb4 first came out and love the acceleration of the light weight drive train.
sime46
25-12-2014, 09:24 PM
I've ran mine with the option alloy gears which are only 1gm heavier than the plastic ones and the kit steel gears. Gotta say I didn't notice any difference. I too was concerned about the extra rotating mass but was pleasantly surprised with the results. The alloy gears are lovely but mine seemed a tad more noisy with them fitted. I fitted the steel kit gears to see if it quietened it down. It did. Lol.
andoiwebb
25-12-2014, 09:27 PM
When you say alloy gears, do you mean the diff internals or the diff ring gear and pinion? As I was going to replace the external steel gears with the plastic versions.
BentKa
25-12-2014, 09:49 PM
When you say alloy gears, do you mean the diff internals or the diff ring gear and pinion? As I was going to replace the external steel gears with the plastic versions.
He's talking about the optional Alu. Differential Bevel Gear 35T - Swiss 7075 T6 ;)
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx96/bent-ka/XB4/IMG_1389_zpsd737550b.jpg
Bent
andoiwebb
25-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Oooh, not seen those before. Don't think I'd run an alloy gear against a steel gear, would make more sense against a composite pinion.
BentKa
25-12-2014, 10:13 PM
Oooh, not seen those before. Don't think I'd run an alloy gear against a steel gear, would make more sense against a composite pinion.
We've been running these for a few months now and no issues at all :D
They are meant to be paired with the stock steel pinion.
But if you have ran the stock metal gears and want to swap out the bevel gear for aluminum I would change the pinion for a fresh one as well.
We keep them in pairs and change both if we do swap them out.
Bent
sime46
26-12-2014, 12:02 AM
Those are the ones. Super light and super strong.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.