PDA

View Full Version : indoor setup advice for X-6


burgie
19-11-2008, 01:35 PM
as title really - if anyone has a good starting point setup for the indoor track at Southport, please let me know what you have.

Thanks

super__dan
19-11-2008, 01:42 PM
I very rarely change my setup anywhere, only subtle differences. The slight exception being Worksop where more steering than normal is required.

I'd go with Ellis starting setup and take it from there.

burgie
19-11-2008, 02:35 PM
OK, will do.

thanks

super__dan
19-11-2008, 03:51 PM
The only thing I ever do is vary the oils a fraction thinking about it. I usually run 27.5wt in the rear (which for some reason feels the same on the bench as Ellis rear shocks with 25wt in, when I run 25wt it feels much softer than his). So occasionally I up and down the weights by 2 1/2 wt but rarely any more than that.

Having just started running Lipo, the balance is similair with some weight added to the front however we're still learning the exact differences beween running Lipo and Nimh in various track condtions.

stegger
19-11-2008, 04:41 PM
The only thing I ever do is vary the oils a fraction thinking about it. I usually run 27.5wt in the rear (which for some reason feels the same on the bench as Ellis rear shocks with 25wt in, when I run 25wt it feels much softer than his). So occasionally I up and down the weights by 2 1/2 wt but rarely any more than that.

Having just started running Lipo, the balance is similair with some weight added to the front however we're still learning the exact differences beween running Lipo and Nimh in various track condtions.
Dan do you and ellis use the same shock oil's if so, what ?:)

_sleigh_
19-11-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm sure Dan's answer will be Losi. :thumbsup:

Having said that, has anyone seen NEW Losi oil??? I'm sure I saw a bottle of 30wt (normally clear) that was coloured light red. :confused:

GRIFF55
19-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Having said that, has anyone seen NEW Losi oil??? I'm sure I saw a bottle of 30wt (normally clear) that was coloured light red. :confused:[/quote]

Belsten had a bottle of red on the table sunday, it was heavy stuff tho, not 30. 80 i think it was? I've not seen any other:confused:

Lee
19-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Dan do you and ellis use the same shock oil's if so, what ?:)

No they have their own bottles now :lol:


I have gone down to 25 wt (losi) in the rear since running lipo. I still run 35 up front but with a cut green spring

_sleigh_
19-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Belsten had a bottle of red on the table sunday, it was heavy stuff tho, not 30. 80 i think it was? I've not seen any other:confused:

Nargh, it had the new Losi logo on it and was defo 30wt.

super__dan
19-11-2008, 05:51 PM
I use Losi and I think Ellis does too. Not bought any new for a while though so not seen the red 30wt.

It's interesting how people are going different ways with Lipo and whether they are feeling a greater effect at the front or rear end. Ellis has been adding weight back into the car, where as I know James Helliwell loves it with none added.

The variation in Lipo in terms of power/punch and the weight differences does also mean that peoples motor and setup is likely to be more variable than before IMHO.

Northy
19-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Dan Greenwood - the gentleman racer :thumbsup:

G

super__dan
19-11-2008, 07:35 PM
:D :D