View Full Version : ring of death
bert digler
21-11-2008, 05:34 PM
how many xbox360s you had do this:thumbdown: 2nd one in six months
MikePimlott
21-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Mine went faulty 2 week ago, had to send it to germany.
They sent me a brand new one back. :thumbsup:
danDanEFC
21-11-2008, 07:42 PM
I have lost 2 360's to RROD, 1 to a faulty disk drive and 1 to something else that no onle else can figure out.
360's are great but they are made of paper and wet string
Ive got one for sale if your interested, lots of games 2 controllers.. at a bargain price :thumbsup:
Doomanic
21-11-2008, 09:41 PM
This the reason I decided to get a PS3. Never had a problem with it.:thumbsup:
bert digler
21-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Ive got one for sale if your interested, lots of games 2 controllers.. at a bargain price :thumbsup:
cheers dude but ive got the three year warranty on the ring of death hence me cooking the f**ka to make sure :lol:
bert digler
21-11-2008, 09:54 PM
how much you askin for it
glypo
21-11-2008, 10:27 PM
On 360 subject, was messing about on one today and prefer the new live/ general backend. A little bit Wii like in terms of graphics, but very PS3 like in terms of navigation.
Much better :thumbsup:
Teddy truman
21-11-2008, 11:00 PM
im on my 4th... loads of free stuff out of xbox after 3rd tho :-):thumbsup:
jono83
23-11-2008, 04:21 PM
On 360 subject, was messing about on one today and prefer the new live/ general backend. A little bit Wii like in terms of graphics, but very PS3 like in terms of navigation.
Much better :thumbsup:
That exactly what i thought when i finished updating mine, this also my second xbo360 my first one blew up lol
bert digler
23-11-2008, 04:25 PM
mines on the way germany some toolfrom xbox phoned to ask if the cables where plugged in i said no its in the post thanks and put the phone down:lol:
I'm on my 4th box, and all I got was one months free Live, and a load of acrade games that wont work properly unless I'm signed into Live. ooohhh, thanks micro$oft.
Teddy truman
24-11-2008, 09:03 AM
i have had 2 xbox controlers, one wireless headset and plug and play kit :thumbsup:
Southwell
24-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Mine aint turned on enough to break. :woot:
gaza121
24-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Mine blew up on me too!, At first it was intermittent then it just completely died a few weeks later, Its a design flaw on the Heatsinks and they are only held in place my weak mastic/glue.
I had mine modified and its now running two turbo cooling fans!!!:thumbsup:
Southwell
24-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Earlier models were put out with known faults, which affected 40% of buyers. Just shows what a shower of &*^** MS is!
Chrislong
08-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Mine has just gone in the last half hour. Playing on it for no more than 2-3 minutes and the graphics froze, so like ya do - turned the thing off, left it a minute, turned it on and its making some horrible digital buzzing sound through the telly and the graphics blocking up. After a few attempts it boots up properly but then it goes once a game starts loading.
So I try a few more times, and I have 3 red lights. The only one not lit is top right. It can't have got hot so quickly can it?
Any ideas?
Ive had it for 14 months! For gods sake why could this not have happened inside warranty. i didn't extend it. :cry:
Chris
rcracer
08-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Mine has just gone in the last half hour. Playing on it for no more than 2-3 minutes and the graphics froze, so like ya do - turned the thing off, left it a minute, turned it on and its making some horrible digital buzzing sound through the telly and the graphics blocking up. After a few attempts it boots up properly but then it goes once a game starts loading.
So I try a few more times, and I have 3 red lights. The only one not lit is top right. It can't have got hot so quickly can it?
Any ideas?
Ive had it for 14 months! For gods sake why could this not have happened inside warranty. i didn't extend it. :cry:
Chris
Dont want to rub salt in the wounds Chris but going back a while to your should i get a xbox or ps3 ...well PS3 all the way matey :thumbsup:
Chrislong
08-12-2008, 06:21 PM
:lol: Well perhaps. Being an Elite I thought it'd be fine.
I want to fix it, FOC if possible. Otherwise im trading in all this stuff and getting a PS3. Id rather fix it though, PS3 is last resort.
footey
08-12-2008, 06:25 PM
chris i think u struggle to repair urself weve had 2 go on us but since we got the elite which was along time ago now no problems touch wood and my young 1 is never off it
col300
08-12-2008, 06:32 PM
:lol: Well perhaps. Being an Elite I thought it'd be fine.
I want to fix it, FOC if possible. Otherwise im trading in all this stuff and getting a PS3. Id rather fix it though, PS3 is last resort.
Hi Chris,
MS have extended the warranty to 3 years for that fault, so if you ring them up they will collect it and repair it free. Can take a while though.
If you want to have a go at fixing it yourself though here's a guide (taken from another forum)
http://rapidshare.com/files/125748623/X360RLF_Official_Guide.pdf
Col.
footey
08-12-2008, 06:50 PM
col that is a good point my lass as just said that to me about the warrenty and the last 1 we sent away took 2 weeks and they collect so dont cost to send
3975dave
08-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Had ours picked up last week for the same fault. All foc:)
rcracer
08-12-2008, 06:56 PM
I couldnt be doing with all the hassle TBH
Chrislong
08-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Cool, so how do I make contact? :D
col300
08-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Cool, so how do I make contact? :D
http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/EB42A9A1-F77F-4ADA-A17E-76AEFF34A6F6/0/IconPhone.jpg Phone
Assistance by phone:
0800 587 1102
or +44 20 7365 9792 from a mobile phone
Hearing Impaired (TTY device):
0800 587 1103
Hours of operation:
Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00
Saturday: 09:00-20:00
Sunday: 09:00-17:00
Col.
Chrislong
08-12-2008, 07:32 PM
What a star, cheers! I have just emailed them.
Wondering about getting a phone from carphonewhorehouse with free PS3... mmmmh.
lochness42
08-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Just found article about XBox problems on wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_problems
I haven't got console (having semi work, game laptop now :)) but If I buy one, it definitely won't be XBox :D
Crazy L
08-12-2008, 08:32 PM
You never had this problem with the Mega Drive:p:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.