View Full Version : My TM2 v1
spiboom85
21-01-2015, 08:09 PM
Here is my new hobby / project ha ha very happy with the out come just setting all up for indoor use now
so far iv got installed
1) Speed Passion Reventon Pro V1.1 ESC Comp V3.0-7.5R motor
2) Absima LP Servo "ACS1612SG" Combat Series
3) Big Bore, Front - Shockers with Team Associated Shock Oil (40wt) - Medium Standard team c springs all round
4) Big Bore, Rear shockers with - Team Associated Shock Oil (50wt)
5) Schumacher Talon Off Road Wing
6) Schumacher Black Hex Front & Rear wheels
7) Schumacher Mini Pin Tyres - Front & Rear - yellow
Very happy with the buggy :D:D
brooksy
21-01-2015, 08:28 PM
What surface are you running on indoors?. The oils in your shocks are a bit high and you don't want 50wt in the rear. I have 35wt in the front and 271/2 in the rear on mine.
spiboom85
21-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Running on carpet, im on medium springs on the standard shocks
im not sure what was in them when I bought the buggy but was far to soft
every time I took a turn front end sinks to floor / back end comes up and roles was way to soft for my track.
iv got 2 sets of shockers the lower grade oil 30 I use for out door tracks astra turf etc
brooksy
21-01-2015, 09:44 PM
I run mine on carpet with the above weights. I wonder if the piston holes have been drilled out?. That may be why it's too soft.
If it's set up right you shouldn't have heavier oil in the back than the front. Is there someone who can have a look at it where you race?.,
Excellent choice on the car by the way,I like mine that much I don't want to upgrade to the V2.
Phill
spiboom85
21-01-2015, 10:02 PM
mine is more less set up to a couple of chaps at are track its totally different to any other tracks as all flat
I have about 4 holes in my pistons again not sure if that's standard.
I use your set up for out doors and its perfect.
replying back to the tm2 v2 upgrade my mate adam perei has the v2
I do like my car but I also like the upgrade on the rear wishbones for the adjustable height thing lol sorry am new to this, the part to lower the back end. oh and the shinny orange bar ha ha
brooksy
22-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Thats cool,if it works for you who am I to question it:D. The v2 is a nice piece of kit for sure.
spiboom85
22-01-2015, 04:22 PM
id just like to take some parts of the v2 for my v1 ha ha :D
Gavin Collingwood
23-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Regardless of what track be it carpet/astro/clay, tight track or flowing track, having harder oils in the back than the front is never a good idea. Best piston set up I've come across is what most of the team is using.... 2 x 1.6 on front and 3x 1.4 rear. Very balanced. But that is for the v2 mind
spiboom85
30-01-2015, 11:17 PM
Hi chaps in need of help :confused:
after taking my shockers apart I have found that I have 6 holes drilled in each piston, now 4 of them are the same size and 2 are bigger
im trying to set my car up to run on carpet I put the thicker oils in as noted above is better but car is still very spongy an snappy / sharp steering on front and back end lifting up,
am I better replacing the pistons for some new ones and drill them my self
if yes how many holes and to what size an does ? it matter were you position the holes ?
iv looked on insideline racing and they have 2 types, 1 set black with 3 holes = an a white set 2 hole
Part Number :ABST02096
Part Number :ABST02068
im just not 100% sure on what I need to buy' plus what oils i need after iv sorted the pistons, all my running information is in my first message.
as stated this is a indoor track / carpet I run at the ribble vally club / Leyland,
hope someone can help thanks
brooksy
31-01-2015, 01:13 AM
What springs do you have on the car,and have you had the diff to bits,cleaned it and re oiled it?. Do you know what thickness oil is in the diff?. I run 10,000wt in mine on carpet.
I would say the holes in the Pistons would be ok. I run mine with the six hole Pistons in with two drilled to 1.4mm.
Standard hole size is 1.2mm I think.
You also need higher thickness oil in the front shocks than the rear as has been said before.:thumbsup:
Phill
InsideLineModels
31-01-2015, 03:03 PM
Hi
These are the TeamC Blank pistons that most of the team use
http://insidelineracing.co.uk/inside-line-shop/spares/team-c-rc-car-spares/piston-set-teamc-blank-12mm-p
Mostly we are running the following indoors
Rear
3x1.4mm holes
350-450CST
TeamC Medium/Hard Spring
Front
2x1.6 holes
600-700CST
TeamC Hard Spring
Also, as mentioned by brooksy it's worth checking your diff and refilling. 10k is a good place to start
Hope this helps
Kev
spiboom85
31-01-2015, 03:29 PM
hi should the diff / bottom of the plastic bucket if you will be filled with the selected oil or do I just put the oil on the gears if that makes sense :confused:
inside the diff were all the metal gears are again im not sure what oil is in this as iv bought second hand
in regards to the oil I have some that I got with the car Mugen super silicone for diff at 3000, 7000, 1000 and 300
as for the pistons I also have the 12mm shock pistons team associated inside the pack they have
4 x 1.5mm 2 holes
4 x 1.6mm 2 holes
4 x 1.7mm 2 holes
shocker oil iv got 40wt, 50wt , 35,
I have 1 set of medium springs front and rear
and only 1 set of hard springs for the front
out of what I have what will be the best to use :confused:
InsideLineModels
31-01-2015, 05:14 PM
You should fill the diff drum up, but leave enough space for the gear on the other half so as not to pressurize the diff once done up.
Stick the mugen 7000 in as that's the closest, but you really want to be 10k minimum indoor on carpet.
Out of what you have go for 1.6 pistons in the front and 1.7 in the rear - this should be pretty good. 40wt front and 35wt in the rear.
Hard springs on front and medium on rear
Kev
spiboom85
31-01-2015, 05:51 PM
Thanks kev
iv just done the diff and it had no oil in' well just like a gunk on the gears but not running out if you get me :bored:
thanks for the piston set up
iv watch the links that have been put on here regarding the shims on the diff
on mine as iv just taken this apart iv only got 1 shim on the gear side of the diff and 1 shim on the other part with the 2 bearings on
will this be ok until I upgrade to the 10k diff oil as ill have remove it all again:thumbsup:
Also as for the springs am I right in 1 notch = hard spring 2 medium 3 soft ?
Thanks
InsideLineModels
31-01-2015, 06:33 PM
Thanks kev
iv just done the diff and it had no oil in' well just like a gunk on the gears but not running out if you get me :bored:
thanks for the piston set up
iv watch the links that have been put on here regarding the shims on the diff
on mine as iv just taken this apart iv only got 1 shim on the gear side of the diff and 1 shim on the other part with the 2 bearings on
will this be ok until I upgrade to the 10k diff oil as ill have remove it all again:thumbsup:
Also as for the springs am I right in 1 notch = hard spring 2 medium 3 soft ?
Thanks
I think you'll be ok on the shims, i'm pretty sure i just have 1 either side
You are correct on the springs :)
Cheers
Kev
spiboom85
31-01-2015, 06:50 PM
cheers kev
hopeful on Friday car might work better :thumbsup:
just doing the shockers now
thanks
spiboom85
31-01-2015, 07:57 PM
is there a set position for the shockers, as in on the 2 top decks front and rear I have mine both on the middle hole
and bottom rear is on the inner as in closest to the diff
front is on the outer closest to wheels:confused:
brooksy
31-01-2015, 08:53 PM
All you need to do on those is move the rear bottoms to the outer hole then you should be set to go.
spiboom85
31-01-2015, 09:08 PM
thanks what difference does this make ?
iv noticed on a few set u sheets of others they move things in and out to adjust on different tracks
also noticed a lot have different camber mine is all set up on 0%
also im running min pins yellow
a few are running the cut staggers but most run on the foams
brooksy
31-01-2015, 09:45 PM
More traction on the rear.
If you have mini pins on the front that will give you too much front end,that's another reason the front end is snappy/sharp as you said earlier. You need to run low profile cut staggers(yellow compound).:thumbsup:
spiboom85
31-01-2015, 09:50 PM
:thumbsup: I have a set :thumbsup: ill get them bad boys on thanks
brooksy
31-01-2015, 10:08 PM
I've just had a look at the pics you put up of your car and from looking at the rear your ride hight looks a bit high to me.
Do you have a ride hight gauge?.
I have mine at around 19-20mm both front and rear.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.