PDA

View Full Version : someone tried to log on here as me.


trax de max
27-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Got an email today.
Dear trax de max,

Someone has tried to log into your account on oOple.com Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 183.207.228.118

All the best,
oOple.com Forums.

This IP address is in Beijing, China. :thumbdown: Located in the middle of the Northern Sea.
Glad too see i got this message.

jimmy
29-01-2015, 01:36 AM
strange, i looked at the ip in the admin to check if they actually managed to get into anyone's account, ever - and it seems not. If anyone else has similar messages please contact me directly. it is most worrying where the ip is located.

Ashlandchris
29-01-2015, 08:24 AM
IP address location means nothing though - mine always says I am in Kentucky - USA. I'm not

Karting
29-01-2015, 08:35 AM
True, I can't log into my William hill account at home because my up address says I'm in Texas. It's proberly saved me quite a bit of money though

mattr
29-01-2015, 11:26 AM
My ip says I'm where I decide I want to be. Sometimes.

When I need it to....... ;)

jimmy
29-01-2015, 05:16 PM
True, I can't log into my William hill account at home because my up address says I'm in Texas. It's proberly saved me quite a bit of money though

Sky Internet, Morcambe H2

jimmy
29-01-2015, 05:17 PM
IP address location means nothing though - mine always says I am in Kentucky - USA. I'm not

Sky again, says keighley.

jimmy
29-01-2015, 05:20 PM
IF someone uses a spoof ip, it's easy to find out. Google it and it'll be a vpn or anon-browser. Had problems in the past with dickheads posting madness and making multiple accounts.

Ashlandchris
29-01-2015, 05:33 PM
Sky again, says keighley.

My home pc is within about 30 miles of Keighley, but this morning at work (Derbyshire) I searched my IP address on my laptop and it said Kentucky. Mind you, it would probably have been quicker to get back from Kentucky earlier with all the shenanigans on the M1

jimmy
29-01-2015, 06:40 PM
My home pc is within about 30 miles of Keighley, but this morning at work (Derbyshire) I searched my IP address on my laptop and it said Kentucky. Mind you, it would probably have been quicker to get back from Kentucky earlier with all the shenanigans on the M1

haha, chaos outside our house, i assume someone crashed just down the hill. it's a salted and scraped road but very steep. was comedy to watch people turning round.
In 2010 there was a volvo totally sideways blocking the road for a week!

Karting
30-01-2015, 01:00 AM
Sky Internet, Morcambe H2

Close but.....


actually no where near I'm from London...

Col
30-01-2015, 05:38 AM
Close but.....


actually no where near I'm from London...

Somewhere neat St James park according most iplookup sites

Col
30-01-2015, 05:40 AM
IP address location means nothing though - mine always says I am in Kentucky - USA. I'm not

http://addgadgets.com/ipaddress/index.php?ipaddr=162.128.69.140

Middle of a field, Kentucky...

Col
30-01-2015, 05:42 AM
My home pc is within about 30 miles of Keighley, but this morning at work (Derbyshire) I searched my IP address on my laptop and it said Kentucky. Mind you, it would probably have been quicker to get back from Kentucky earlier with all the shenanigans on the M1

and this one says betwen Farnley and Bramley...

mattr
30-01-2015, 08:07 AM
My work IP used to hop around during the day, depending where there was least load. So most of the morning I was in Detroit, then at lunch time I'd switch to somewhere in Japan, mid afternoon I'd be back to Essex.
Except I was working in the Midlands.

Had a similar system here, living/working in Sweden. Meant I could access iPlayer from my work PC in the afternoon......... No other times tho!

trax de max
30-01-2015, 10:31 PM
where ever the ip address is, someone has tried to log on as me. I'm only pop on here randomly, but may be a usefull for the admins too know what's happened

andys
28-04-2015, 08:33 AM
Just had this also - what's going oN????

Dear andys,

Someone has tried to log into your account on oOple.com Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 183.223.213.135

All the best,
oOple.com Forums