PDA

View Full Version : Carisma with 5700kv motor-video


ChrisCorbett
02-02-2015, 09:21 PM
Haven't put this on a track yet, still setting it up etc. I'm not sure how fast it should be with 5700 motor but when I go full throttle on stand it doesn't seem that quick. Epa's are max on throttle, gearing is 70/16.
I realise that I will be running indoors and probably won't use full power much but I am more worried that something is amiss with motor or esc.
I have had literally dozens of rc cars all with brushless and expected ballooning tyres! Vid below, any comments welcome

http://youtu.be/fRiZLoRekGY

Dombrasky
02-02-2015, 10:42 PM
sounds like something's binding... the wheels stop rather too quickly is also a sign of this
is there a little play between pinion and spur mesh as it sounds too tight, or pinion rubbing on the belt?,i ran this motor with a turnigy nanotech 2200
lipo and it was ballistic

rondoolaa
04-02-2015, 07:49 PM
try recalibrating the esc to the handset,
mine was going slow when i put a 6600 in it, i recalibrated and its rapid now

pher0
15-03-2015, 02:48 PM
sounds like somethings binding fella mine dont make the low brrrrrrrr grunt try these motors too goes like shit off a shovel http://thumbsdesigns.com/product/leopard-5800kv-4-pole-sensorless-motor/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCF4yalMxos&feature=autoshare