PDA

View Full Version : Noob - Building LC Racing EMB1


mmm_cheeseburgers
06-02-2015, 09:31 PM
Hi everyone,

As the title suggests I new to micro rc but have built a few cars, planes & helis.

I've just bought the LC Racing EMB1 kit from wheel spin in Cannock.

Q1 - it came with a steering servo, will that be good enough for some bashing with my littl lad?

Q2 - I have no electrics, motor, esc or battery.: please help :)

What would you suggest?

Would you be good enough to point me in the direction of what to get from where, with part numbers if possible? I have followed links from other threads but have no idea which motor esc they meant....

Also, I want to use a 2s LiPo, as above, please give me links to reputable online retailers :)

markwilliamson2001
07-02-2015, 10:05 AM
Hi.

If you had bought the RTR version, it comes with everything you need!
To be honest, this might be the cheapest and easiest way, as you would then have the best upgrades as well (CV Driveshafts on the front), metal chassis and shock bodies too.

You would also have a complete set of spares as well which can only be a good thing!

The standard servo is fine for bashing. If your going racing it might be worthwhile updating the Savox SH-1256 or 57 servos, as they are a lot more precise, centre better, and are a quality item. The parts from the RTR kit are fine, and the motors are used at the Micro National meetings!

Hope this helps!
Mark

mmm_cheeseburgers
07-02-2015, 06:34 PM
Thanks Mark, I appreciate the advice. I've ordered the stock motor and esc.

I want to use LiPo and the max dimensions are 102mm x 30mm with a max height of 26mm

Any idea what would fit?

Thanks

Ashleygibb
07-02-2015, 07:26 PM
Pay a visit to thumbs designs on Internet the owner is multiple time national micro champion Craig Harris, he offers good advice and also sells the stuff u need

markwilliamson2001
08-02-2015, 11:52 AM
You'll have to look online for dimensions
The IP/VAMPIRE 1800 MAH hardcase lipos will fit.

Think the ones Schumacher sell on their site fit too
Otherwise nanotech 2200 short packs will be fine

Balders
08-02-2015, 05:27 PM
http://www.MicroRCracer.com

and

http://www.thumbsdesigns.com

All you need! :)

mmm_cheeseburgers
09-02-2015, 06:45 PM
Thanks everyone, I'll add s picture when it's all done...

superx
09-02-2015, 07:32 PM
These Lipo`s are great value and loads of power :wub

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__20390__Turnigy_nano_tech_2200mah_2S_40_80C_Lipo_ Pack_TRA2820_Traxxas_1_16_models_.html