View Full Version : 280 motor question
qatmix
10-02-2015, 01:56 PM
Hi Guys
I am trying to modify a RC bike and the motor is a 280 type. I want to upgrade it as the motor is really slow at the moment.
Are most micro's 280 size with a short can? If so where can I get a cheap but peppy motor (Brushed is fine as the bike will probably fall to bits if I run anything too hot).
Thanks
C
davidmog99
10-02-2015, 10:20 PM
Back in the day the graupner speed 300 6v was a popular motor as an upgrade for the rc18.
Very fast, and lasted a long time (but not rebuild able). They have a good range of brushed motors, all the specs are listed on their website. Hth.
Essex2Visuvesi
10-02-2015, 10:54 PM
Which bike is it?
If its one of the kyosho 1:8 scale then the Graupner speed 300 6V will make it like a missile
Stay away from brushless as they make them virtually undriveable and unless you go for the alloy gearbox upgrades they will destroy the drivetrain in short order
qatmix
11-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Cheers guys,
It is a Kyosho 1/8 but it's a RTR version (FA series). I have already stripped it down and fitted bearings, added foam inserts and replaced a friction shock in the rear with an oil one I had knocking around.
It's fun but it just needs a little more poke!
I will get the 300, it should be fine with the RTR electronics, if they go pop then I will fit proper RC gear in it.
dodgydiy
11-02-2015, 09:52 PM
or if you want an extreme missile the speed 300 4.8V!! they are still available in 4.8, 6 and 7.2 volts, have a look at a few rc boat stockists, easiest place to find them and they are very good reliable motors
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.