View Full Version : X6 Lipo ready
Spencer Mulcahy
29-11-2008, 12:59 AM
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/2659/x62004oq8.jpg
By spencermulcahy (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/spencermulcahy), shot with Vivicam 5399 (http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=Vivicam+5399&make=Zoran+corporation) at 2008-11-28http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/7497/x62002ot2.jpg
By spencermulcahy (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/spencermulcahy), shot with Vivicam 5399 (http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=Vivicam+5399&make=Zoran+corporation) at 2008-11-28http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4576/x62001ua2.jpg
By spencermulcahy (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/spencermulcahy), shot with Vivicam 5399 (http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=Vivicam+5399&make=Zoran+corporation) at 2008-11-28
A bit of demel action I think it is neat anyway, just need black servo and speedo wires.:thumbsup:
kropy
29-11-2008, 03:04 AM
You could always use some black heat shrink on those wires ;)
Squintz Palladoris
29-11-2008, 07:20 AM
Looks great Man. I need to do that to mine!
Brad
Big E
29-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Here is how I have done mine.
I didn't go to the lengths of puting th emotor wires throught he chassis but all the receiver wires are :)
Also filled in the cell slots so as not to get dirt in the car.
E.
Big E
29-11-2008, 09:14 AM
And here is some pics of my X5 with lipo fitted in.
E.
mark christopher
29-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Big E
what did you use to fill the slots in and what posts are they for the x6 cell holder?
Mark
Spencer Mulcahy
29-11-2008, 01:34 PM
I have some lexan under the speedo and under the wires in the cell tray I have not done the X5 yet bit I have some ideas. Who would have thought you could do neat installs with brushless. Those pics are not the best I will do some more when I have time.:thumbsup:
bigred5765
29-11-2008, 01:36 PM
lookin good spence
Here is how I have done mine.
I didn't go to the lengths of puting th emotor wires throught he chassis but all the receiver wires are :)
Also filled in the cell slots so as not to get dirt in the car.
E.
Great solutions as always!
Can you explain how you did it?
X-6:
Std. brace or custom? Posts from?
What's in front of the ESC? Heatshrunk wires?
Do you have lead weights under the battery? Any thoughts/tests on this? (I see the S2 drivers put lead in the front also)
X-5:
How do you secure the carbon brace in the rear?
Anything pre-made in the pipeline from X-Factory (more E-Speed parts maybe?)
Richard Lowe
29-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Here is how I have done mine.
I didn't go to the lengths of puting th emotor wires throught he chassis but all the receiver wires are :)
Also filled in the cell slots so as not to get dirt in the car.
E.
Is that all lead under the speedo making it sit that high?! :woot:
Darren Boyle
29-11-2008, 04:02 PM
The brace on Ellis X6 is a hand made affair, we have one in the offering at present which will work in a similair method except it may possibly use thumb screws similiar to those used by Associated on the B44.
The black stuff in font of his speedo in the 2wd is heatshrunk units of lead weight.
I am not sure if Ellis runs extra lead under the ESC or LIPO, he will need to confirm that
On the X5 the brace is secured on the inner side with a screw passing through the sway bar mount on the rear diff cover and threading down into the carbon strap. Ellis has drawn up and designed the strap and is currently testing the prototype to see if any changes need to made. This may become an E-Speed part or we may possibly decide to produce it under the DMS X-Partz range (which is all being added to the X-Factory site this weekend)
The black stuff in font of his speedo in the 2wd is heatshrunk units of lead weight.
WTF! Please explain! :D Why?
Darren Boyle
29-11-2008, 04:28 PM
To help keep the balance of the car and weight bias/distribution "exactly" the same as when we ran NIMH's, now we get to add or remove the weight as needed.......
JustARcFan
29-11-2008, 04:55 PM
When will this lipo retention be available?
You have an idea when the blue motor mount will be delivered?
Thanks
To help keep the balance of the car and weight bias/distribution "exactly" the same as when we ran NIMH's, now we get to add or remove the weight as needed.......
I understand the "physics" :D
How do you mount it? Why not just lead weights with adhesive?
JustARcFan
29-11-2008, 05:06 PM
That's what I did but you have to put 145gr in the 2 cell slots :eh?:
So a lot of lead.
Darren Boyle
29-11-2008, 06:16 PM
ESpeed blue motor mounts are now free from customs and should be delivered here on monday
Big E
29-11-2008, 06:17 PM
The post on the X6 are just 2 of the rear post but lowered a touch.
The cell slots are filled with some stuff called Permabond that I borrowed from work :thumbsup:
There is some weight under the speedo. Also as Darren says the 2 black lumps are real lead that I have heatshrunk, it weighs more than the stick on weights so I can have more weight but in a smaller physical size. They are in 2 lumps so I can remove them if I want to alter the cars handling. Just something I wanted to try out really in case I ever wanted to run the front of the car lighter, or in effect more weight bias to the rear. They aren't stuck in in the picture, normally they are servo taped but I just put them in for the pic.
And the car jumps soo much better with the speedo in the middle...not that it was ever bad before :woot::)
Aha! Where can I get lead like that?
How about tungsten - is that an idea too?
Should be a market for these things now...
mark christopher
29-11-2008, 06:39 PM
elis do you run the motor heat sink to compenste for the carbon motor plate?
Mark
Darren Boyle
29-11-2008, 07:04 PM
I think Ellis runs the heatsink as a precaution all the time anyway, he used to use it even when he ran the alloy motor plate, but I amsure he will agree the motors dont get "that" hot underneath anyhow, just extra measures, just in case......
Big E
29-11-2008, 07:17 PM
elis do you run the motor heat sink to compenste for the carbon motor plate?
Mark
No. I run it because it is on there :eh?: Used to need it sometimes when the motors were bonded but now they are sintered I don't really need it but I just leave it on there....mainly because I never take the motor out :thumbsup::woot:
Although now I have my X12 motors I won't have it on.
E.
chemax92
30-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Seems like I'm in the good direction :D
I also used standard epoxy putty to fill the cell holes.
Maybe we'll see a pre made Lipo ready chassis in the future with all these new mods done :rolleyes:
sebx6france
30-11-2008, 01:56 AM
it's the x6 of my friend boubouille
4542
Our battery brace mod,
2 additional posts screwed from under, each side of centre box, brace via fibre-lyte from our simple design in 3mm carbon, tried some simple delrin brace but like the larger carbon.
Also cutup some lead flashing to fit under the lipo in the slots, we have yet to run the car so expect to be adjusting weights as we go.
http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=228&pictureid=1221
super__dan
30-11-2008, 03:19 PM
test failed ;)
failed a dozen times...........:lol: now chickened out and posted a url !!!(removed)
After joining imageshack........we have something, now how to turn that into nice thumbnails........
Tim Ward
30-11-2008, 04:32 PM
The post on the X6 are just 2 of the rear post but lowered a touch.
The cell slots are filled with some stuff called Permabond that I borrowed from work :thumbsup:
There is some weight under the speedo. Also as Darren says the 2 black lumps are real lead that I have heatshrunk, it weighs more than the stick on weights so I can have more weight but in a smaller physical size. They are in 2 lumps so I can remove them if I want to alter the cars handling. Just something I wanted to try out really in case I ever wanted to run the front of the car lighter, or in effect more weight bias to the rear. They aren't stuck in in the picture, normally they are servo taped but I just put them in for the pic.
And the car jumps soo much better with the speedo in the middle...not that it was ever bad before :woot::)
For clarification - how much weight is used where exactly on your car E?
Need to get weight balance of my X-6 right. I am using TP 3200 LiPo and found handling had really changed from NiMh in 4-2 arrangement.
super__dan
30-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Tim the TP 3200 is REALLY REALLY light, maybe half the weight (ish) of the 5500LRP packs Ellis uses so you'll not be able to directly compare I don't think, well that is unless you weight up underneath the lipo to total weight of 4 Nimh cells, then add the same as Ellis to the front. Hope you've got some lead ;)
Big E
30-11-2008, 07:20 PM
As dan says you will need some lead.
My 5300 lipo's weigh the exact same as 4 nimh cells so all I had to add was 145 grams to the front to replicate the 2 missing cells.
Good reason to get high capacity ones...and I can do 25 minutes on them :woot::thumbsup:
Tim Ward
30-11-2008, 09:18 PM
That explains why when I used a borrowed TP4900 with 2 old cells in the front centre slot it felt better.
So, do I need to replicate the weight of the 6 NiMh set up, or just the balance?
Could I put half the weight of the TP3200 LiPo (193g) below the speedo in the 2 cells slot? So that's 96.5g in front?
mark christopher
30-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Matt dodd ran his softer, not sure if he ran any lead, he won at worksop
matdodd
30-11-2008, 10:17 PM
I ran 30g where the front 2 cells were, 10g infront of the servo & 5g at the very front with a Trakpower 3600 :thumbsup:
ashleyb4
01-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Whats the chances of there being an x6 chassis without the battery holes and without the deviders for the cells so that lipo can fit straight in.
A
Big E
01-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Lipo fits straight in now :confused:
ashleyb4
01-12-2008, 04:34 PM
I know they do fit i was just wondering if there would be a lipo style chassis with no cell holes and just a flat batter tray. Similar to what chemax92 has done.
A
Body Paint
01-12-2008, 04:45 PM
chemax92: doesn't have a flat battery tray Ash, he's just filled in the holes under the Lipo. Although the front battery tray is flat for the speedo to sit in, is that what you mean?
If you cut the support out under the Lipo the chassis gets proper wobbly, I tried it on an old X6 chassis. It's quite surprising how much those little ribs do.
I know they do fit i was just wondering if there would be a lipo style chassis with no cell holes and just a flat batter tray. Similar to what chemax92 has done.
A
Ribs are there for a reason ash, strength and pleasure :thumbsup:
Darren Boyle
01-12-2008, 05:22 PM
But if we "filled in" the holes people would then NEVER be able to run any older NIMHs, a car that can run both is better IMHO thatn one that can ONLY run LIPO or ONLY run NIMH.......
ashleyb4
01-12-2008, 05:30 PM
chemax92: doesn't have a flat battery tray Ash, he's just filled in the holes under the Lipo. Although the front battery tray is flat for the speedo to sit in, is that what you mean?
If you cut the support out under the Lipo the chassis gets proper wobbly, I tried it on an old X6 chassis. It's quite surprising how much those little ribs do.
But if we "filled in" the holes people would then NEVER be able to run any older NIMHs, a car that can run both is better IMHO thatn one that can ONLY run LIPO or ONLY run NIMH.......
OOO i understand now i thought he has dremelled the little rib bits out to.
Lee i dont need ribs i bring enough pleasure to ladies lives as it is. :lol:
A
mark christopher
01-12-2008, 05:33 PM
But if we "filled in" the holes people would then NEVER be able to run any older NIMHs, a car that can run both is better IMHO thatn one that can ONLY run LIPO or ONLY run NIMH.......
:thumbsup:yipee!!
but darren they would not be able to run new nimh either;)
Lee i dont need ribs i bring enough pleasure to ladies lives as it is. :lol:
A
your such a liar :lol:
ashleyb4
01-12-2008, 05:38 PM
:thumbsup:yipee!!
but darren they would not be able to run new nimh either;)
I aggreee with darren now craig has exsplained the holes can be used for lead to weigh the car up aswell.
Lee i never lie.
A
Lee i never lie.
A
ok ash but hoovering the living room for your mum doesn't count as providing a pleasurable experience for a woman :lol:
Ribs are there for a reason ash, strength and pleasure :thumbsup:
*Her* pleasure, even.
*Her* pleasure, even.
I didnt want to make it too obvious :lol:
Then again, you can't wear an X-6 chassis inside-out...
Southwell
01-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Ribs are there for a reason ash, strength and pleasure :thumbsup:
Doubt it makes a diff when all you can have is royal ones....:woot:
He likes them because it tickles his palm :lol:
chemax92
01-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Battery bay ribs are intact like said before for strengthening reasons. I only removed the one in the 2cell bay to give a flat floor to the esc.
But personally I would like to see a factory chassis without cell holes (or even filled thin enough to cut with an x-acto if you wish to use nimh). This way we give preference to lipos, the future right now.
Lowering the lipo is other story..
Is the X60 chassis made without cell holes?
;)
MHeadling
04-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Just had a look at Big E's car, what servo horn is that? the steering link looks a better angle, is it a losi one? if so any know a part number .... Darren??!! lol
Darren Boyle
04-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Its the Losi one from the XXX part no A1620......
JustARcFan
04-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Any idea about the carbon lipo retention?
Thanks
Northy
04-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Poor Spencer - his thread got well and truly raped! :woot:
G
Spencer Mulcahy
04-12-2008, 09:40 PM
I feel dirty G.:woot:
bigred5765
04-12-2008, 09:49 PM
I feel dirty G.:woot:
hope his wife doesnt find out lol
Southwell
04-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Lmao, i didn't even read the first post, i just thought it was about chassis cutting and shizzle. :woot:
Paul_Sinclair
08-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Since this thread got off track in this direction (mostly talking about the second-half of the link below), and 3 days isn't quite too dead to res back up, I thought I'd post this little announcement here: http://www.2wdrc.com/News/12-08-2008.htm
Mike Hudson
08-12-2008, 02:19 PM
only just had a good look at the x60 chassis from 2wdrc, will the x6 chassis be possibly updated with the new features the x60 chassis has (one piece chassis, servo mounting, battery mounts, rear front inner hinge pin mounting system etc) but obviously shorter?
Darren Boyle
08-12-2008, 03:47 PM
only just had a good look at the x60 chassis from 2wdrc, will the x6 chassis be possibly updated with the new features the x60 chassis has (one piece chassis, servo mounting, battery mounts, rear front inner hinge pin mounting system etc) but obviously shorter?
You never know what the future has in store, things are always progressing and moving forward here with X-Factory.........
Big E, what LiPo packs are you using?
Darren Boyle
10-12-2008, 02:31 AM
Ellis is using the latest LRP 5300 hardcase versions.......
stegger
10-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Ellis is using the latest LRP 5300 hardcase versions.......
Won't that be NOSRAM darren ? :confused: if so how much are they fella ?:)
matdodd
10-12-2008, 08:56 AM
No They will be LRP ones :p
Darren Boyle
10-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Won't that be NOSRAM darren ? :confused: if so how much are they fella ?:)
As Mat has said, DEFINATELY LRP from now on, Ellis signed for them a couple of weeks back. They are £69.95 at the momnet but due a price rise possibly from the importer on the next delivery
Northy
10-12-2008, 11:10 AM
As Mat has said, DEFINATELY LRP from now on, Ellis signed for them a couple of weeks back. They are £69.95 at the momnet but due a price rise possibly from the importer on the next delivery
What is the max price going to be for BRCA legal ones? :eh?:
G
Darren Boyle
10-12-2008, 11:19 AM
What is the max price going to be for BRCA legal ones? :eh?:
G
Not sure, this is why we also are not sure if these are going up or not since they will want to keep them under the BRCA limit so that they can be used next year...
Big E
10-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Won't that be NOSRAM darren ? :confused: if so how much are they fella ?:)
As they have all said I'm LRP now :D
Mike Hudson
10-12-2008, 12:19 PM
come to the blue side :woot:
Blue is definitely better:D
Kecky
10-12-2008, 12:28 PM
The 'Bluer' the better fo me :thumbsup:
RLGfx
10-12-2008, 12:56 PM
apparently Stan likes his women blue too... and cold.... :o
Kecky
10-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Oh no :o
I like my women Blue and hot :thumbsup:
matdodd
10-12-2008, 07:58 PM
apparently Stan likes his women blue too... and cold.... :o
:lol:
Mike Hudson
11-12-2008, 02:30 PM
This is what my new X6 lipo straps should look like when I get them cut but they will look much better :drool: ... a clip on the rear post would obviously hold the rear of the strap down. Anyone interested in a silver or black carbon fibre pair of them? ;) Also have new front shock tower for the kfactory alloy mounts with more shock mounting holes and a rear tower to go with it too... will post some pics up soon ;) The more people who would like the battery straps the better as they will be cheaper, Ideally I need atleast 10 people who would like them before I get a batch made, I will give a rough price when I get a reply from the email i sent...
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/RaceAceMike/IMG_1839.jpghttp://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/RaceAceMike/IMG_1838.jpg
MHeadling
11-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Yes they look cool Mike, put me down for a set, black carbon please!
How much are they going to be??
JustARcFan
11-12-2008, 07:10 PM
You can also put a black one for me please.
Thanks
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.