View Full Version : Connecting cups questions.
vrooom
01-03-2015, 09:56 PM
I have a TM2 v2 car with very worn connecting cups... center and diff output.
will TS412 - Connecting Cup "Ultra-Hard" will be better replacement than driveshaft puck someone making on here?
or should i buy standard connecting cups and be done with it?
Clive Loynes
01-03-2015, 10:37 PM
I have a TM2 v2 car with very worn connecting cups... center and diff output.
will TS412 - Connecting Cup "Ultra-Hard" will be better replacement than driveshaft puck someone making on here?
or should i buy standard connecting cups and be done with it?
Hi vroom,
The standard ones wear quite quickly. I once ran 12000 oil in my gear diff and on high grip Astro the cups had a notch in them after one meeting.
I have put my C-Drives on the out-drives on my TC02C and not seen any wear yet. Several people have gone for the C-Drive on both the TM2 and TM4 centre shafts and report great results. No negative reports so far.
The C-Blade is hard and transmits the torque more efficiently because it has flat faces running against each other and also the pin is in a round hole so that also has a much larger bearing area than the pin rubbing against a flat face. The generation of the notch on the standard arrangement is effectively a "machining" operation and you don't do that without using valuable energy.
But I only have one C-Blade in stock until I make another batch. :(
Take a look at the facebook page in my signature.
Cheers
spiboom85
01-03-2015, 11:21 PM
Definitely go with the c drive very happy with mine, runs very smooth and quiet and no play:thumbsup:
Cheers Clive Buggy TM2 V1
trebboR
02-03-2015, 12:31 PM
x2, I also run the C drive in my V2, and it works great!
I use the hardend outdrives on my diff, but the problem with these is that the pin of de CVD will ware, so you wil get play anyway.
So I think I have to order the blades for my CVD's @Clive :D
Clive Loynes
19-03-2015, 10:27 PM
I'm making some C-Blades with a slightly different profile for use on the TM4 rear prop-shaft and it looks as though they can be used on the diff outdrives on a Durango as well!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.