PDA

View Full Version : tc02c EVO modified aluminium rear upper link brace lugs


Gavin Collingwood
02-03-2015, 12:17 PM
What do we think guys
Pictures attached

Clive Loynes
03-03-2015, 10:21 PM
67 views and no comments. They must be waiting for you to drive it into the wall to see if it breaks like the original. ;-)

I have now made some extension plates for the lugs, as requested by the dirt racing fraternity.

These give two more mounting positions, inboard of the standard one.

Clive Loynes
14-03-2015, 12:51 PM
I see that the Team-C aluminium rear shock mount is due out in the next couple of weeks. I don't know if it offers any additional setup options but I can always machine the lugs off the new orange job and fit my bits.

xfactor
14-03-2015, 01:51 PM
Any pictures Clive of the new alloy rear shock mount..

Clive Loynes
14-03-2015, 02:33 PM
Any pictures Clive of the new alloy rear shock mount..

LOL

It's very ORANGE!

xfactor
14-03-2015, 02:49 PM
Yeah baby,,, its where its at. whens it out.:D

Clive Loynes
14-03-2015, 03:10 PM
Yeah baby,,, its where its at. whens it out.:D

See post #3

But I don't know if that is available to the team drivers or available in Hong Kong or available in shops here. Since things seem to come on a slow boat from China, if it is the latter then it must be on the high seas!

xfactor
14-03-2015, 03:36 PM
:wub Cheers Clive... Got carried away and missed post 3.....:D

Crazy L
14-03-2015, 03:44 PM
Would that brace fit my Mad Monkey? Looks like it would.

Clive Loynes
14-03-2015, 04:43 PM
Would that brace fit my Mad Monkey? Looks like it would.

Yes!

Clive Loynes
14-03-2015, 04:45 PM
:wub Cheers Clive... Got carried away and missed post 3.....:D


LOL

It's the Orange Mist Effect! Team-C owners will always buy something orange, even if it makes the car slower!

Clive Loynes
26-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Looks like the TU0273 aluminium rear shock mount is $42.39 at Vortex hobbies in the US.

So that's probably £45 here in Blighty.

That's a lot of money for orange! :D

Might be better off giving me £25 and your old plastic mount. :thumbsup: Then get orange tinted sun glasses.:D

Clive Loynes
02-05-2015, 06:54 PM
Has anyone seen a TU0273 yet?

You can't miss it, it's very orange. :D

Clive Loynes
09-06-2015, 10:26 AM
Spotted at Inside Line......

And I was £4 too low on my estimate!

http://insidelineracing.co.uk/inside-line-shop/spares/team-c-rc-car-spares/temp/shock-tower-mount-aluminium-tu0273-p (http://insidelineracing.co.uk/inside-line-shop/spares/team-c-rc-car-spares/temp/shock-tower-mount-aluminium-tu0273-p)


EDIT: And just noticed that stock level is zero.

adey
09-06-2015, 10:39 AM
I wonder how many will buy it for that price

InsideLineModels
09-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Spotted at Inside Line......

And I was £4 too low on my estimate!

http://insidelineracing.co.uk/inside-line-shop/spares/team-c-rc-car-spares/temp/shock-tower-mount-aluminium-tu0273-p (http://insidelineracing.co.uk/inside-line-shop/spares/team-c-rc-car-spares/temp/shock-tower-mount-aluminium-tu0273-p)


EDIT: And just noticed that stock level is zero.


Good spot clive!

They're on the way and due with us Thursday :)

Clive Loynes
09-06-2015, 12:48 PM
Good spot clive!

They're on the way and due with us Thursday :)


LOL

That's torn it!

Now the Orange people will be camped out on your doorstep all Wednesday night!

InsideLineModels
09-06-2015, 12:49 PM
LOL

That's torn it!

Now the Orange people will be camped out on your doorstep all Wednesday night!

Haha!

Clive Loynes
09-06-2015, 03:32 PM
I think that the few people using the Evo are using the old type of rear brace, which doesn't break. At that price I think that they will carry on doing that.:D unless they have a really bad case of orange fever.

Alternatively, I do have some slight seconds of my brackets that people could have at £10, a saving of £40 on the orange masterpiece if they drill their own holes in the brace. :rolleyes:

("Slight seconds" were the result of my milling machine throwing a hissy fit and losing its way. Some of the chamfers and rads are not quite right but the parts will function as intended.)

InsideLineModels
09-06-2015, 05:54 PM
I think that the few people using the Evo are using the old type of rear brace, which doesn't break. At that price I think that they will carry on doing that.:D unless they have a really bad case of orange fever.

Alternatively, I do have some slight seconds of my brackets that people could have at £10, a saving of £40 on the orange masterpiece if they drill their own holes in the brace. :rolleyes:

("Slight seconds" were the result of my milling machine throwing a hissy fit and losing its way. Some of the chamfers and rads are not quite right but the parts will function as intended.)

The old brace is an option but the camber link ballstud holes are too low in my opinion. I used it for a bit but ended up going back to the standard brace.

It's fine for people to stick with the original brace (as I think it's more than strong enough), or your one, or the new orange one. They're just options and it's great there is the choice.

Clive Loynes
10-06-2015, 09:11 AM
It's fine for people to stick with the original brace (as I think it's more than strong enough),........................


LOL

You're just not crashing enough Kev! :D

spiboom85
15-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Hi would this fit the tm2 V1 ? :confused::woot:

Clive Loynes
16-06-2015, 08:15 AM
Hi would this fit the tm2 V1 ? :confused::woot:

No Steve, it's for the TC02C and the TC02C-Evo.

I think that your shock tower mounts directly to the gearbox?

Clive Loynes
02-07-2015, 11:25 AM
Just noticed Gavins signature:

Cougar KF2
Schumacher
BMRCC


Has he gone ofver to the Dark Side?