PDA

View Full Version : x-6 questions


jono83
03-12-2008, 06:57 PM
hi got myself a b4ft and a set of losi shocks is anything else essential apart from the obvious x-6 conversion kit ?

ben
03-12-2008, 07:01 PM
I would reccomend the losi BK2 rear stub axles if you can get hold of a pair. They provide more droop on the rear end. I would also reccomend the e-speed hangers and motor mount. :thumbsup: Ill let the team lads clean it up :thumbsup:

Ben

jono83
03-12-2008, 07:23 PM
is there a alternative to the bk2 axles as there like rocking horse poo atm lol i was planning on getting the e-speed parts aswell

Cockerill
03-12-2008, 07:26 PM
X-Factory are now having them made.

http://www.xfactoryrc.com/news_11-12-2008.htm

I'm sure Darren at DMS will be getting some in soon, probably best to ask him when.

Mike Hudson
03-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Edit: Tom beat me to it :yawn:

jono83
03-12-2008, 07:33 PM
:thumbsup:thanks guys:thumbsup:

Spencer Mulcahy
03-12-2008, 09:44 PM
The axels are on Dms site now.:thumbsup:

Darren Boyle
04-12-2008, 12:21 AM
They are indeed already in stock, part numebr is XF5660 and they are only £12.99 per pair which is cheaper than the old Losi ones too........ still made by MIP for us though.

sime46
04-12-2008, 12:28 AM
Dont mean to hijack the thread but...Do you have any E speed motor plate braces mate and if so how much?

Darren Boyle
04-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Yes they are in stock, price is £12.49 as per our website.

super__dan
04-12-2008, 03:05 PM
You NEED a 78 or smaller spur else the dogbone end can catch the spur if rotating and the car is upside down.

MHeadling
04-12-2008, 03:16 PM
There are new smaller b4 spurs coming out on redrc website, will these be good for gearing on the x6?? Or is the 78 fine for BL power??

Chrislong
04-12-2008, 04:43 PM
With a 78 spur you will be able to gear the X-6 fine. But with a 76 AND a smaller pinion (to get the right ratio) the motor is likely to press into the gearbox before it mesh's properly. Although if you are running a low wind due to Lipo - like Dan does, 7.5, 8.5 etc, you may be able to get away with the smaller spurs as you will be running larger pinions and the motor won't clash with the gearbox..

Whereas on a B4, the smaller spurs mean the motor is not hanging as far out the back, especially when running lower winds like 7.5, 8.5 etc.

super__dan
04-12-2008, 05:10 PM
I'd stick in the 76 to 78 range.

In the old days ;) with brushed motors and nimh you needed small pinion, personally now I never ever run anything faster than a 6.5 so never on much smaller than a 22 pinion which fits easily. Think I can get 19/78 on mine.

Since the last meeting I have a 76 on in fact it's currently got 23*76 on a 7.5 motor if I'm not mistaken.