View Full Version : Excessive slipper out drive wear
OneKiwi
12-04-2015, 01:09 PM
Im wondering if there maybe was a bad batch or if others have come across this.
If they were cheap parts then wouldn't be a big problem but they aren't
2 practice days
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/simonandhanna/IMG_20150412_144105.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/simonandhanna/IMG_20150412_144049.jpg
Does the center diff help? If not then it may be cheaper anyway just replacing the single outdrives?
Clive Loynes
12-04-2015, 02:46 PM
I think that's normal.
You could take a look here:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164451
or here:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156211&page=2
Or take a look at my facebook page, where there are more photographs.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heske...68872353145927 (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hesketh-Bank-Innovations/768872353145927)
I'm currently out of stock due to a recent rush of orders but will be making some more very soon. Send me a PM if you want to be in the queue.
brooksy
12-04-2015, 04:50 PM
Mine wasn't that bad after 2 YEARS of running.:cry:.
I would imagine that one hasn't been hardened for it to wear that bad after two days.
Clive Loynes
12-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Not found a hardened one yet.
OneKiwi
12-04-2015, 05:54 PM
Clive, do you harden them as well?
When do you think you could get a couple doone?
Drop me a PM on FB ans Ill get them sent out to you this week.
brooksy
12-04-2015, 06:42 PM
Not found a hardened one yet.
I don't mean hardened like the hardened diff out drives you can buy as option parts. The standard kit parts must be made to a certain hardness,but that one looks like it's made of cheese!.😁
I certainly wouldn't call that normal wear after two days of running.
Clive Loynes
12-04-2015, 07:16 PM
I certainly wouldn't call that normal wear after two days of running.
We don't know how excessive the test days were though. :D
Agreed, they do look a bit drastic but what lubricant was present and was it very dusty? It isn't the worse one that I have seen.
The shape of the notch is a bit odd too.
As far as I can tell, they are all manufactured from what would be called mild steel. That's what they cut like anyway.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.