View Full Version : Wing Wires - Yokomo
timmy
12-04-2015, 08:22 PM
I need to make up some wing wires for a couple of my Yoke's. I was going to order some piano wire but I need to know the diameter of the originals.
Anyone either used piano wire and know what diameter I need to order, or got the ability to measure the diameter of the originals please let me know.
cheers
Tim
Peakey
12-04-2015, 10:45 PM
The old cats are 1.6mm 16swg so I bet the yokes arn't far off I'll dig out my new one and mesure it up for you tomorrow.
timmy
13-04-2015, 12:09 PM
cheers Justin
robin_c
13-04-2015, 09:32 PM
You know piano wire may rust unless zinc / tin coated and even then once tin / zinc coating breaks down can corrode.
Why not consider using a stainless grade such as 302 or 316
For my Losi xx I used 302 and it wasn't much harder to form than piano wire.
Peakey
14-04-2015, 08:28 AM
Here you go Timmy sorry for the delay
It's 2mm thick tre plastic is .1mm so take that off
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/C4A323B0-C0BA-4C54-8993-4A7BEEAEABCD_zpsu2egvqbl.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/C4A323B0-C0BA-4C54-8993-4A7BEEAEABCD_zpsu2egvqbl.jpg.html)
I would say 73mm across
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/55E6564E-7AE4-4809-B5F6-00085328DEA8_zpsa8hsyjyr.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/55E6564E-7AE4-4809-B5F6-00085328DEA8_zpsa8hsyjyr.jpg.html)
And 40mm long
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/0EA7EA39-91E5-4F86-964E-E6248C66789F_zpszpfxq3cl.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/0EA7EA39-91E5-4F86-964E-E6248C66789F_zpszpfxq3cl.jpg.html)
timmy
14-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Nice work, thanks Justin:thumbsup:
Peakey
15-04-2015, 07:06 AM
No problem pal :thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.