PDA

View Full Version : Tomtom cheap map updates


super__dan
12-04-2015, 09:24 PM
I've got a 5 year old Tomtom XXL satnav which is a great device but the map is well out of date. I don't think the map updates from Tomtom offer good value on an older device so was wondering if there was a way of getting a cheaper update?

I'd happily take say a 1 year old map if it was half of the £40 - £50 price depending on if I want UK only or Europe included (will be driving abroad later in the year I hope).

Any advice appreciated.

bigred5765
13-04-2015, 01:20 PM
pm sent

JCJC
16-04-2015, 08:03 AM
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tomtom-map-updates-heavily-reduced-6-95-for-uk-maps-11-95-for-europe-maps-2187555

just came on.......... that's Western Europe (one year update inc) for £11.95 using the discount code, so someone at Tom Tom reads oOple ?

Note: had to add a SD card to my old GO720, Western Europe almost 2gig.

super__dan
17-04-2015, 02:42 PM
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tomtom-map-updates-heavily-reduced-6-95-for-uk-maps-11-95-for-europe-maps-2187555

just came on.......... that's Western Europe (one year update inc) for £11.95 using the discount code, so someone at Tom Tom reads oOple ?

Note: had to add a SD card to my old GO720, Weston Europe almost 2gig.


Thanks so much for posting this, it totally worked, 1 year of updates for £12 - brilliant!!!!

bretts
17-04-2015, 03:46 PM
Woo hoo! You can find your way to Mothercare now Dan, ho ho!

All the best, mate.

JCJC
19-04-2015, 06:40 PM
Yea, it's a great deal Dan, my old GO720 took a few goes but now looks and works like new. Who would have thought Tom Tom would drop the price, shame the discount code only works once for each user or I would have had more maps.