TryHard
05-12-2008, 09:25 AM
So,
I've just got hold of a B4 in preperation for the Petit Race in Jan... having raced a 4wd before (and only once at that!), I'm itiching to get racing with a 2wd.. however don't want to balls it up!!
Been doing some searching on here, and have a few Q's.
Weight - I've had a XXX before, and had a load of lead in the front... am I correct in thinking the B4 likes the lead at the back under the rear brace? Any other places I need to be putting it?
What about the weight with LiPo, did see one thread mentioning some people like it with weight, others without... :confused:
Given I'm going to be running at the Petit (full carpet, with jumps :thumbsup:), i've had a few thoughts on a base setup, going off info from here;
Front
Blue springs, #2 piston, 35wt oil, mid top, in on arm, Longest camber link, -1deg camber, 25deg castor
Rear
Silver springs, #1 piston, 30wt oil, mid top, in on arm, longest camber link, -2deg camber, short wheelbase, 1deg anti squat.
Tyres I would guess at schui yellow mini-pins... although stagger ribs on the front have been suggested???
Is this a good place to start off with? Anything else people can suggest?
Cheers
Ed
I've just got hold of a B4 in preperation for the Petit Race in Jan... having raced a 4wd before (and only once at that!), I'm itiching to get racing with a 2wd.. however don't want to balls it up!!
Been doing some searching on here, and have a few Q's.
Weight - I've had a XXX before, and had a load of lead in the front... am I correct in thinking the B4 likes the lead at the back under the rear brace? Any other places I need to be putting it?
What about the weight with LiPo, did see one thread mentioning some people like it with weight, others without... :confused:
Given I'm going to be running at the Petit (full carpet, with jumps :thumbsup:), i've had a few thoughts on a base setup, going off info from here;
Front
Blue springs, #2 piston, 35wt oil, mid top, in on arm, Longest camber link, -1deg camber, 25deg castor
Rear
Silver springs, #1 piston, 30wt oil, mid top, in on arm, longest camber link, -2deg camber, short wheelbase, 1deg anti squat.
Tyres I would guess at schui yellow mini-pins... although stagger ribs on the front have been suggested???
Is this a good place to start off with? Anything else people can suggest?
Cheers
Ed