PDA

View Full Version : b5m alloy servo horn


alex97
26-05-2015, 07:58 AM
Hello, after stripping my stock plastic servo horn at the weekend I'm now looking for a metal on to replace it. Has anyone got any suggestions?

The servo I'm using is a core RC one that has a 25t top gear.

Thanks Alex

DarkHawk
26-05-2015, 12:09 PM
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/anssh0025-b-answer-rc-clamping-servo-horn-black-25t.html
alex this will do the job for you

Stickygeko
26-05-2015, 03:52 PM
we bought a fastrax one £3.50, really impressed with it have a look for fast311b

alex97
26-05-2015, 04:43 PM
we bought a fastrax one £3.50, really impressed with it have a look for fast311b


I can only find it for £5.99?

Gupz
27-05-2015, 11:22 AM
I use the Hudy servo horn. It's been on the buggy since day one and has never let me down :)

You need to find one that is off set to the same amount as the standard one. I've had to use a couple of shims to get everything running without catching on the servo, but with a bit of tinkering, it works perfectly :thumbsup:

Gupz
27-05-2015, 11:28 AM
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/dy293493-alu-servo-horn-futaba-savox-offset-25t-v2.html

This is the off set one that I used. I found that the straight ones meant I had to run the ball thingy on the other side of the horn. It made the steering arm sit at a funny angle and gave the servo less work in one direction and more in the other. Difficult to set steering at an even centre.

alex97
05-06-2015, 01:52 PM
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/anssh0025-b-answer-rc-clamping-servo-horn-black-25t.html
alex this will do the job for you


It just arrived, the hole is a little higher than the stock plastic one but there is zero rubbing on the sevro, even without the spacer one the servo gear.

Thanks