PDA

View Full Version : REGIONAL - 26th to 28th June 2015


chrispattinson
05-06-2015, 10:43 AM
Dear all,
Can we please use this thread to coordinate our regional prep. My time is limited pre regional, with assignments, exams, and work. Here are my thoughts:

Booking of Gypsies Green - Done - Access from 2:30 Friday
BRCA insurance cert required - Done
Do we have any DBS/ CRB checked members suitable for lost children? Done
Van hire with tail lift - Dex - I heard you were sorting this?
Generator - Can use mine. Done
Rostrum? - Use our rostrum or scaffholding?
Grasscutting - Chris P to request from council.
Helpers on Friday 4th -I'm available from 3pm onwards at the moment. Let's get a list together.
Roll fencing - Make sure we take our own.
Lawn mowers - Rent from Lord hire again? £30?

Trophies?
Race Director - joint effort?
Race Control tent?
Handouts Transponders - do ours work?
Race Numbers - Have we got enough from last year?
Marshalling position numbers - Do we still have from last year?
Oople publicity
General Publicity - Gazette - Chris P to promote
Amenity Cleaning (Gypsy's Green)/ Portaloos?
First Aid Kit.
General Stuff - Tie Wraps, Bin Liners etc
Any jumps need repair? More wood/hardboard?

Here's what we're aiming for again, just with sunny weather:

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag16/N7ELA/Mobile%20Uploads/D7623F47-123B-4E04-8853-183802C07444_zps6rqvvlms.png


Chris.

dpackster1980
06-06-2015, 02:19 PM
I still have trophies left from the regional from 2 years ago.

DAVO
06-06-2015, 07:22 PM
We can help after 4pm

ja76
07-06-2015, 01:11 PM
I can make repairs to the jumps or build new ones if people know what they want?

dpackster1980
07-06-2015, 01:37 PM
I'll see if I can get the day off.

One thing I will ask is people to go to the youth centre to unload the van and put the stuff away on Sunday. Last year there was only a couple of us and we were nearly late getting the van back.

corkyjohnson75
08-06-2015, 07:13 PM
I can make repairs to the jumps or build new ones if people know what they want?

If you make new jumps make it so it's not as steep as the one we have now .

arceye
08-06-2015, 07:31 PM
If you make new jumps make it so it's not as steep as the one we have now .
This to stop dex entering orbit?

Andyp
08-06-2015, 08:59 PM
If you make new jumps make it so it's not as steep as the one we have now .

Whoops!!!

I actually have quiet abit of wood still in my garage, I was planning on making some smaller jumps, but then it come to light that we might not be at the venue for too much longer so I held my horses on doing them, since then I haven't really had any time to do them, you could possibly get the wood from me, I don't have my van anymore so I may have a job to move it, I might try and make an effort to try and get them done before the regional weekend, would anyone have access to quiet a large van to pick them up from Stockton area of I get them done? I know that is not ideal situation.

StwBald
08-06-2015, 09:51 PM
One thing I will ask is people to go to the youth centre to unload the van and put the stuff away on Sunday. Last year there was only a couple of us and we were nearly late getting the van back.

Will be able to do that, but I cannot get there for early Friday.

Jumps is there any chance of having some smaller version to go with the current big one to do different jump layouts. Just my thought

Hyperstrada
09-06-2015, 05:29 AM
I can help to load up the van around lunchtime and can help with everything else to about 16:30.

Shifta
09-06-2015, 04:42 PM
I will sort the trophies out and will be there to build the track about 1.30..
Also think we could do with a better P.A. So people in the pits can hear what's going on.. Any ideas?

Steven Forster
10-06-2015, 09:59 PM
This to stop dex entering orbit?

:D :p

arceye
10-06-2015, 10:17 PM
:D :p

I just saw this post from you on the new ramp thread. How you've changed!!
most people were getting carried away with big air jumps, if you made a mistake on the way up anybody was up for being a target.......if you landed on the down ramp then you had more control of your buggy into the corner......I also think it was the fastest way to do that section of the track......its easier to control a buggy on the track than in the air !!!

chrispattinson
11-06-2015, 01:18 PM
I can help until late Sunday. Dex do you have a Luton van hired / purchased?

Steven Forster
11-06-2015, 09:15 PM
I can help until late Sunday. Dex do you have a Luton van hired / purchased?

Got another number to try, will ring up in the morning and let you all know

Shifta
12-06-2015, 01:31 PM
Trophies are ordered...

Steven Forster
12-06-2015, 06:14 PM
Fleet 1st luton van hire, friday - sunday = £160.....not available for our dates

Practical luton van hire friday-monday = £220.....available but not sure if we want to book the van at that price ???

These 2 are based in peterlee so any other companies to try for other areas for someone to drive ???

cmgreen
15-06-2015, 09:46 AM
I cant get a half day for the Friday, can come after work on fri night around 6 if needed- let me know please, but I will be able to help put away on Sunday.

chrispattinson
18-06-2015, 07:27 AM
Gypsies green access from 2:30 only on Friday.
Grass cutting ordered for thursday.

Dex .... just make sure the Luton has a tail lift

I previously used this place in Hebburn:
CLR van hire: 0191 4833102 ... collected on Friday morning, and left my car there til I returned on Monday.... £180 I think.

But I can't get time to collect and drive the van this year.

Steven Forster
18-06-2015, 11:25 AM
Gypsies green access from 2:30 only on Friday.
Grass cutting ordered for thursday.

Dex .... just make sure the Luton has a tail lift

I previously used this place in Hebburn:
CLR van hire: 0191 4833102 ... collected on Friday morning, and left my car there til I returned on Monday.... £180 I think.

But I can't get time to collect and drive the van this year.

Ive got a luton van sorted.....£210 from friday 12pm to monday morning 9am

chrispattinson
18-06-2015, 12:48 PM
Scaffholding or our rostrum?

dpackster1980
20-06-2015, 10:11 AM
If we want to make money this year then rostrum. Scaffolding is better because you get a better view of the track. I've spoken to someone at work who's family are virtually all scaffolders and he said none of them are reliable.

The only other issue is the state of the rostrum steps, they're a mess.

corkyjohnson75
20-06-2015, 10:26 AM
Am not available on Friday now , am down Leeds till late.

Al help put it away tho.

Andyp
20-06-2015, 07:16 PM
The only other issue is the state of the rostrum steps, they're a mess.

I will have a look at this if you like? I should be racing Sunday night I will have a look, maybe able to knock something better up.

Steven Forster
21-06-2015, 11:54 PM
Ive got a luton van sorted.....£210 from friday 12pm to monday morning 9am

Hope I will be ok to hire the van on friday.....Ive only gone and got myself a driving asbo....haha....the fuzz couldnt keep up and didnt manage to record my speed so a slap on the wrists and a driving asbo for 12 months :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

corkyjohnson75
23-06-2015, 12:47 PM
What about this for the track layout ?

beasty boys motorsport
23-06-2015, 01:51 PM
wow....you just need some crayons and you could have coloured it all in:p

StwBald
23-06-2015, 02:41 PM
What about this for the track layout ?

It's a touring car track, lol

K-Brewer
23-06-2015, 02:44 PM
It's a touring car track, lol

you know he doesn't like any jumps lol

arceye
23-06-2015, 02:57 PM
There's a bear pit and teleport zones u know!

corkyjohnson75
23-06-2015, 03:32 PM
It's a touring car track, lol

It's a TC conversion track. With a few jumps n bumps :thumbsup:,

Not many tho .

arceye
23-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Does someone have a drone with a camera on it, so we can see if our lines are straight and curves are true? Lol

dpackster1980
23-06-2015, 07:16 PM
What about this for the track layout ?

I like it, if the weather is as bad as it is forecast to be then the last thing you want is a twisty track. It needs to be flowing with run ups to jumps so you're not struggling to get up the up ramps!

DAVO
23-06-2015, 09:18 PM
It would be a shame to have them huge banked sides and not use them again I would utilise them into the track and cover the surface of the banked side with carpet.

corkyjohnson75
24-06-2015, 09:43 AM
I like it, if the weather is as bad as it is forecast to be then the last thing you want is a twisty track. It needs to be flowing with run ups to jumps so you're not struggling to get up the up ramps!

Exactly my thoughts David .

A Free flowing track with some jumps .

DAVO
24-06-2015, 10:07 PM
Think we gonna camp over at the weekend now

StwBald
24-06-2015, 10:24 PM
I'm coming Saturday morning now, decided it would be too much of a rush on Friday night...

If we having a flowing track can we have flowing jumps too, please....

DAVO
24-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Big F off banked corner :thumbsup:

ja76
25-06-2015, 03:45 PM
I'm having to go look at a job tomorrow so won't be able to make it at 1 but will have a run to track when I'm done and help out with whatevers left to do

Shifta
25-06-2015, 04:08 PM
I might be wrong but I don't think we can get in until 2.30?

Andyp
25-06-2015, 05:14 PM
I might be wrong but I don't think we can get in until 2.30?

I think people are meeting at Seaham at 1 Jeff, to have a sort out and load up.I'm not 100% on this, can someone confirm? I was planning on being there about 1 ish with the steps

Hyperstrada
25-06-2015, 07:11 PM
I'll be at Seaham Youth Club for 1pm to help load up, I'll also be able to help build the track until tea time ish.

Steven Forster
25-06-2015, 08:25 PM
Yeah the idea is to get there for 1pm to start loading the van up then by the time we get through to shields we should be ok to go straight in and empty the van....:p

See you at 1pm Mark ;)

chrispattinson
25-06-2015, 09:34 PM
Grass has been cut, on the assumption the track is in the same place as previous years. Have a look about, and see what you think for the guys getting there

2:30pm is the access time for Gypsies Green.
I'm going to sort out some open issues with the council around 3pm, and I'll be at Gypsies Green 3:30pm onwards.

Chris.

arceye
25-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Sorry guys, Not sure if I'm gonna be able help out tomorrow. Taking the Mrs to hospital when I finish work, so prob won't be back to peterlee till 3ish.
Can pop over later if I'm needed, how long does it take to set up usually?

arceye
28-06-2015, 07:26 PM
Cheers to everyone involved on a great weekend. Really enjoyed my first grass race meeting! Now to recover from my bad back, torn calf from marshalling and my 3rd degree sunburns! Worth it tho! :thumbsup:

chrispattinson
28-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Just to echo Marks comments .... Thanks to everyone for putting this meeting on. Great club weekend, which went really well.

dpackster1980
30-06-2015, 07:03 PM
It was a great weekend everyone chipped in. A couple of minor hick ups with the sound system other than that it was perfect.